Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Redshirt Freshman / Sophomore QB's (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54518)

crows2 11-15-2012 07:16 AM

Redshirt Freshman / Sophomore QB's

Quite a few interesting QB prospects will be eligible to enter the 2014 draft.

How do you rate the following and where do you think their draft range will be when they're eligible?

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Johnny Manziel
4. Brett Hundley
5. Jeff Driskel
6. David Ash

draftguru151 11-15-2012 09:06 AM

Teddy is probably the most advanced at this point, especially from a mental stand point. Whole bunch of dual threat guys who still need to develop as passers, Braxton Miller is also in there for sophomores. Driskel has the best arm but has shown no mental ability for the position. At this point it's Teddy and then everyone else for me, lots of developing left to do.

Don Vito 11-15-2012 09:11 AM

Jmff Ftmwf

Sec Spdz

Shane P. Hallam 11-15-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crows2 (Post 3182677)
Quite a few interesting QB prospects will be eligible to enter the 2014 draft.

How do you rate the following and where do you think their draft range will be when they're eligible?

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Johnny Manziel
4. Brett Hundley
5. Jeff Driskel
6. David Ash

I am with DG.

There are some seniors in the 2014 class that will get some buzz and possibly compete. David Fales at San Jose State for example. But I don't see too much past Bridgewater at this point for NFL prospects that could declare early.

SolidGold 11-15-2012 11:37 AM

Throw Sean Mannion in the mix. He was playing well until his injury. I don't see Braxton Miller as a legit QB at the next level.

Ozzy 11-15-2012 08:23 PM

The original list is missing some big time names in my opinion.

For freshman I would include these guys are arguably have Wilson at the top in terms of size and potential:
Travis Wilson Utah
Joel Stave Wisconsin
Stephen Rivers LSU RS
Perry Hills Maryland

And Sophomores I would go like this in terms of missing playing, especially Wallace and Mannion they are both great prospects:
Sean Mannion Oregon State
Bo Wallace Ole Miss
Gary Nova Rutgers
Jared Barnett Iowa State

Don Vito 11-15-2012 08:32 PM

Bo Wallace has some ability but he needs some work. Is a big kid who is very athletic and tough, but he makes some awful decisions. Sounds like Snead but doesn't have Jevan's arm. He isn't as much of a headcase as Snead was and will not let the hype get to his head, but he probably won't ever see the hype Jevan saw. If he can protect the ball more and focus on getting his feet set and not chucking up the ball for easy picks on attempted deep throws, then we will talk.

I like Bo a lot because he has brought us some stability at QB for the first time in a while. He runs Freeze's fast paced spread as well as we could have expected anyone to do it this year. If he eliminates those spells of horrible decisions, he could develop into a pretty good prospect and a very good college QB.

Babylon 11-15-2012 09:13 PM

I think Driskel will get it together by next year, he has the most physical ability of the group. From what i've seen i'd go with:

Driskel
Mariota
Bridgewater
Manziel

SolidGold 11-17-2012 03:44 PM

Brett Smith is an under the radar player at Wyoming. He is another one to keep an eye one

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 11-18-2012 02:23 AM

Brett Hundley is really impressive, I'd say he looked better than Barkley today. Pass first QB with a solid arm that can run. He's someone to look out for in the future.