Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Week 12 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54587)

Ness 11-20-2012 02:17 AM

NFL Week 12 Discussion Thread.

Thursday, November 22nd

Houston Texans at Detroit Lions
Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots at New York Jets

Sunday, November 25th

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Oakland Raiders at Cincinnati Bengals
Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks at Miami Dolphins
Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears

Baltimore Ravens at San Diego Chargers
St.Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints

Green Bay Packers at New York Giants

Monday, November 26th

Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles

RCAChainGang 11-20-2012 03:31 AM

It is incredible how I don't really care much about the NFC East but I still love watching that game. Tradition.

Ness 11-20-2012 03:36 AM

The best part of the NFL season starts now I think. Still a few weeks of the regular season left and no more byes.

farfromforgotten 11-20-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 3187393)
It is incredible how I don't really care much about the NFC East but I still love watching that game. Tradition.

Same here. I frickin hate the Cowboys, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them and as much as the Lions have been horrible throughout the years at least we got to watch Barry for several of those and now Megatron. Also just realized I haven't sat and watched a Redskins game this year. Will be nice to see RG3 in action.

Is it time for the Giants to show up again with the Packers coming to town? Or is it too soon to start the late season run leading into the playoffs?

BucSquad 11-20-2012 07:36 AM

Pumped up for NFC south showdown.

scottyboy 11-20-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3187425)
Same here. I frickin hate the Cowboys, but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them and as much as the Lions have been horrible throughout the years at least we got to watch Barry for several of those and now Megatron. Also just realized I haven't sat and watched a Redskins game this year. Will be nice to see RG3 in action.

Is it time for the Giants to show up again with the Packers coming to town? Or is it too soon to start the late season run leading into the playoffs?

well a cowgirls win and giants loss ties up the division, which would be no bueno. We need to win to keep at least a game lead.

if the redskins could stay hot and win, that'd be pretty kewl

jrdrylie 11-20-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3187437)
well a cowgirls win and giants loss ties up the division, which would be no bueno. We need to win to keep at least a game lead.

But if you keep the lead, how is Eli Manning going to carry the Giants on a three game winning streak to sneak into the playoffs as a Wildcard?

scottyboy 11-20-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3187440)
But if you keep the lead, how is Eli Manning going to carry the Giants on a three game winning streak to sneak into the playoffs as a Wildcard?

this is true. We'll probably come out, beat the Packers, get anointed and talked up again, lose to the redskins, get smacked by the saints, then beat the ever living piss out of atlanta to go on a run and beat balti and philly to make the playoffs. because giants.

SuperMcGee 11-20-2012 12:34 PM

Too nervous for this game. Seriously, my nerves are in excess of what is reasonable for a team as bad as the Bills. But I care not. Playoffs.

Maybe This Year Mayhew 11-20-2012 12:36 PM

Lions haven't won on Thanksgiving since 2003. That must change. Oh the Texans, never mind

brat316 11-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3187444)
this is true. We'll probably come out, beat the Packers, get anointed and talked up again, lose to the redskins, get smacked by the saints, then beat the ever living piss out of atlanta to go on a run and beat balti and philly to make the playoffs. because giants.

don't you mean Philly and Packers will beat themselves?

jayceheathman 11-20-2012 12:40 PM

So when are the Chiefs going to trade for Kaepernick?

vidae 11-20-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayceheathman (Post 3187670)
So when are the Chiefs going to trade for Kaepernick?

Never. Never ever. No thank you.

BloodBrother 11-20-2012 01:41 PM

So glad the Pack snuck out with a win yesterday despite the offense playing horrid for a majority of the game and Crosby going full ******. A loss yesterday would make the game this week a lot more important

would love for the Pack to beat the Giants but a loss isn't the end of the world. Just need to focus on winning their divisional games from here on out and trying to keep hold of the division lead over Chicago

tjsunstein 11-20-2012 02:16 PM

Five in a row heading into NY during primetime. Ill temper my expectations.

Rosebud 11-20-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3187437)

I'm hoping the Cowgirls win, that way we'll actually need the win over GB, and **** the packers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3187444)

We'll probably drop the Philly game because we won't need a win, but otherwise that's what I'm expecting before Wild Card round raping of whoever we play. Because Giants things.

Pat Sims 90 11-20-2012 03:48 PM

I can't wait to see Carson back in Cincinnati. The Bengals better not let me down and lose to Carson.

descendency 11-20-2012 05:25 PM

Can't wait for a win and a 4.5 game lead on the Jets with 5 to go.

gpngc 11-20-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3187810)
I can't wait to see Carson back in Cincinnati. The Bengals better not let me down and lose to Carson.

Should be fun because Cincy fans still feel some animosity towards him, right?

Bengalsrocket 11-20-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3187883)
Should be fun because Cincy fans still feel some animosity towards him, right?

Yea, he won't be well received here in Cincinnati (I'm personally not upset with him, I just know a lot of fans are based on radio shows and beat writers in the city).

Legacy 11-20-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucSquad (Post 3187433)
Pumped up for NFC south showdown.

Oh, yeah.

This will be a very, very tough game for the Bucs to win, but I think they can do it if they're able to get in Matt Ryan's face like they did with Newton last Sunday and they get the offense back on track (less Shotgun, more Doug!).

gpngc 11-20-2012 07:18 PM

Don't know where to put this thought but I had it the other day.

Given the weak QB class and sooooo many teams needing a QB, I think the Seahawks will shop and possibly trade Matt Flynn. His contract is very workable and teams are desperate. He could be an upgrade/fresh air for the Jets/Raiders/Chiefs but won't cripple your cap.

vidae 11-20-2012 07:19 PM

Do you actually think Flynn is worth a draft pick? Pass.

gpngc 11-20-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3187982)
Do you actually think Flynn is worth a draft pick? Pass.

Yes I think he is worth a draft pick.

Caddy 11-20-2012 07:27 PM

If Tim Rattay can get a 6th round pick, then surely Flynn can... Although Gruden isn't coaching at the moment...