Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Prospect Throwdown (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54599)

bigbuc 11-20-2012 05:09 PM

Prospect Throwdown

So who you got as the better prospect? Who you drafting for your team?

Iamcanadian 11-21-2012 02:40 PM

Jarvis Jones and it isn't even close.

tjsunstein 11-21-2012 03:55 PM

Whoever votes for Moore should state their case.

wicket 11-21-2012 04:11 PM

moore by a bit, moore is more productive playing in a defense where he is getting all of the attention whilst guys like jenkins make sure that jarvis is relatively freed up. Moore can play both 34 OLB and 43 DEnd whilst Jones is pretty much restricted to the former. Moore doesnt have an injury issue that made one college shy away from him and moore is flat out more productive this year, 53 solo tackles and leading your team in tackles from a DEnd position is crazy. Jones is a great prospect but to me Moore is the best defensive prospect in this draft and that includes Manti who, as a ND fan, is close to my heart

y.f.s. 11-21-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3188582)
moore by a bit, moore is more productive playing in a defense where he is getting all of the attention whilst guys like jenkins make sure that jarvis is relatively freed up. Moore can play both 34 OLB and 43 DEnd whilst Jones is pretty much restricted to the former. Moore doesnt have an injury issue that made one college shy away from him and moore is flat out more productive this year, 53 solo tackles and leading your team in tackles from a DEnd position is crazy. Jones is a great prospect but to me Moore is the best defensive prospect in this draft and that includes Manti who, as a ND fan, is close to my heart

I don't think this is outrageous.

Really, the choice between a lot of these pass rushers is gonna come down to scheme, fit, and personal preference.

regoob2 11-21-2012 05:43 PM

Jones. I really like watching him play.

rawdawg 11-21-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3188582)

I think Jones could also play 3-4 ILB, and 4-3 OLB. Actually, I think Jones could play in 5 of the 7 LB spots in the 30 or 40 fronts. All but WLB and MLB in the 4-3, and I could be swayed that he can play both of those.

I have Jones as the best defensive player in the draft, but Moore isn't far behind. I think Moore is a better fit for 4-3 teams, and a better pass rusher. I think Jones is a better fit for 3-4 teams, and a better all-around player (pass rush, run D, pass coverage). Moore has definitely been impressive this year though. His stats jump off the board for the reasons you stated.

Halsey 11-21-2012 08:56 PM

Yeah guys, Moore gets all the attention on Texas A&Ms defense. Opponents just ignore the other 10 players...

Oh, and the part about Jones only being able to play 3-4 is totally true. If you put him in a 4-3, he'd suddenly stop being a great athlete and forget how to play football.

keylime_5 11-21-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3188482)
Jarvis Jones and it isn't even close.

I disagree. It is very close.

Moore leads his team in tackles, has 20 tackles for loss, 13 sacks this year, and he was really hot at the end of last year. The guy has 18 sacks if you include the final 3 games of last season.

Jones is a different player. A linebacker who is more of a complete defender, can play the run and defend the pass and rush the passer very well.

I think is similar to that Aldon Smith/Von Miller discussion in the other thread. Both could play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 for that matter. (Smith is a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE. Same goes for Moore. Miller and Jones are OLBs in any system.)

If you want to draft guy to simply get the absolute best pure pass rusher off the edge I'd go with Moore. If you want a complete football player who can do more I'd go Jones, and Jones overall since he can make plays in coverage and get consistent QB pressure.

Brown Leader 11-22-2012 12:02 AM

Moore. Spinal stenosis.

bigbuc 11-23-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3188892)
Moore. Spinal stenosis.

I'm with you. Could Jones drop to the 10ish because of it tho?

Brown Leader 11-25-2012 11:46 PM

He'll be completely off some boards. This is a good article on his background.

Halsey 11-26-2012 12:18 AM

Mel Kiper, Todd Mcshay, Scott Wright, and me all agree that Jones is the better prospect. That's basically a consensus from the Mount Rushmore of the NFL Draft.