Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Packers12 Mock Draft 1.0 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54624)

Packers12 11-21-2012 04:08 PM

Packers12 Mock Draft 1.0

Here's my first mock draft. Thoughts are welcome.

1. Kansas City- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
- The Chiefs need a QB after the Cassell-Pioli era reaches it's end.

2. Jacksonville- Jarvis Jones, DE, Georgia
- Seems like the best defensive player in the draft. Plug him in, find a QB later.

3. Cleveland Browns-Demontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
- Next to Sheard, the Browns could use some help getting to the QB. Moore has shined this season for the Aggies

4. Carolina Panthers- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
- Panthers need help on the defensive side of the ball. Lotulelei is the first piece to fixing it.

5. Oakland Raiders- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
-Help on either line is needed. Joeckel could step right in at RT.

6.Philadelphia Eagles- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
- Eagles get a new coach and new QB.

7. St Louis Rams- Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Jeff Fisher wants a tougher team with a strong running game. Lewan helps that on either side.

8. Buffalo Bills- DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
- Wildcard team. Could go Keenan Allen, but opt to go Milliner, taking their third first round DB in the past six years.

9. San Diego Chargers- Sam Montgomery, OLB, LSU
- The Chargers once again go to help the pass rushing.

10. Miami Dolphins- Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
- Replaces an overrated Dansby as the middle linebacker of a solid defense.

11. St Louis (From Washington)- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
- Go back to the well. First Lewan, now Warmack. The Rams offensive line now helps Stafford continue to progress.

12. New York Jets- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
- The Jets lack a passrusher. Mingo could play at either DE/OLB, and could give them a day one starter.

13. Tennessee Titans- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
- Titans seemed to have missed on Derrick Morgan. Take a chance on Werner to get sacks.

14. Arizona Cardinals- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- Cards passed on OL help for Floyd last season. No reason not to give the OL a boost.

15. Detroit Lions- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi St
- Could take a DE to replace Arvil, settles on helping that DB group with a big SEC corner.

16. Cincinnati Bengals- Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St
- Hankins could come in and eventually replace Peko. A steal at 16.

17. New Orleans Saints- Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
- Should rise with a good Sr. Bowl (if he goes/is invited). Questionable motor, but Saints could take the risk, and could potentially pay off.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
- A reach, but does allow Ratliff to play DE, while giving Dallas another young defensive player who could help right away. Not a good pass rusher, but should be a bull in run defense.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St
- The Bucs got rid of Talib this past week, so one could be needed. Rhodes has elite size, and could be brought in slowly.

20. Minnesota Vikings- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
- Harvin, Peterson, Rudolph, and now Allen. Ponder has no excuses now.

21. Pittsburgh Steelers- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
- The Steelers have huge offensive line needs. Fisher could be the help needed on the outside.

22. Indianapolis Colts- Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri
- Colts could use some help on that defensive line.

23. Seattle Seahawks- Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame
- The Seahawks could use an athletic TE like Eiffert in the redzone and for that offense.

24. New York Giants- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
- Osi is a pending FA, Jordan has that size and speed to get to the QB as a backup.

25. Denver Broncos- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
- Broncos have Bannan and Vickerson at DT right now. Williams is older, and could help the line right away.

26. New England Pats- Dallas Thomas, OG/OT, Tennessee
- Versatile OL, who could help as a backup.

27. Chicago Bears- Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
- A 4-3 OLB who could potentially be an upgrade over Roach

28. Green Bay Packers- Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
- Another pass-rusher. From the NYG model, take multiple pass-rushers. Now, Perry/Lemonier/Matthews anchor the pass-rushing from the OLB spots

29. San Fran 49ers- Eric Ried, S, LSU
- Goldson/Whitner have been great, but Goldson may leave this offseason. Reid has the pedigree/ability to be a starter.

30. Baltimore Ravens- Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
- Big athlete with upside.

31. Houston Texans- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon St
- CB who could be a rotation player in year one, could be the set nickelback moving forward

32. Atlanta Falcons- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
- Ray Edwards cut, Ansah has the upside to be a 10-12 sack guy in the future.

wicket 11-21-2012 04:13 PM

id rather gamble on richardson than short, both have risk but richardsons upside is insane

vidae 11-21-2012 04:36 PM

Good KC pick.

Matthew Jones 11-21-2012 04:45 PM

Dallas Thomas doesn't fit New England's blocking scheme and he doesn't deserve a first-round spot. I'd go with either a top receiver or a defensive player.

gonzo1105 11-21-2012 05:07 PM

The Bills have a huge need at LB. Barnett is old and has struggled this year. Sheppard has underacheived and Bradham is a rookie. Teo would be a much better pick for the Bills

SickwithIt1010 11-21-2012 07:22 PM

Thank you, looks about right.

RCAChainGang 11-22-2012 04:22 AM

Not a bad pick but give me Dion Jordan over Richardson.

Trogdor 11-22-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packers12 (Post 3188577)
Here's my first mock draft. Thoughts are welcome.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
- A reach, but does allow Ratliff to play DE, while giving Dallas another young defensive player who could help right away. Not a good pass rusher, but should be a bull in run defense.

A reach AND at a position of strength for the team. We have someone capable of letting Ratliff play DE already on the roster (Josh Brent). When we go big he's always at NT and often plays in the middle on 4 man sets as well especially on running downs.

We have massive holes at RT, RG, FS, and 3rd WR. If Spencer isn't resigned/franchise which I can't fathom then SOLB moves up in the list.

Using your board Eric Fisher would fit the bill as would Dallas Thomas. Reid would also be an excellent fit based on our needs.

bruschis4all 11-22-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3188616)
Dallas Thomas doesn't fit New England's blocking scheme and he doesn't deserve a first-round spot. I'd go with either a top receiver or a defensive player.

I liked his mock. Playoff teams are tough to project. But you are right. A RG doesn't help New England anywhere near as much as a defensive player would. I think a 3-technique dt is a huge hole. If the Pats stick with the 4-3.
My three areas of need are; DT, SS and OLB. I think Patrick Chung walks and we need a replacement at SS. I'd also like to see more of Hightower at Ninkovich's role going forward. It's not a conventional 4-3 de. It's more of a hybrid 3-4 olb/4-3 de role. Hightower must be 270lb. He's not a guy who can play in space. I'd like an olb who can. I'd go Eric Reid given his board. He has the Top 5 dt's going before the Pats pick.

TheFinisher 11-22-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3188952)
A reach AND at a position of strength for the team. We have someone capable of letting Ratliff play DE already on the roster (Josh Brent). When we go big he's always at NT and often plays in the middle on 4 man sets as well especially on running downs.

We have massive holes at RT, RG, FS, and 3rd WR. If Spencer isn't resigned/franchise which I can't fathom then SOLB moves up in the list.

Using your board Eric Fisher would fit the bill as would Dallas Thomas. Reid would also be an excellent fit based on our needs.

^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Josh Brent turned out to be a steal, no need for another NT. I could see a 5Tech if the value was A LOT better than RT, G or S... but when in doubt, give us the OLineman.

TheMatriculator 11-22-2012 08:47 AM

I like Geno but as long as the Chiefs get a QB...any QB...Chiefs fans will be happy.

gpngc 11-22-2012 08:51 AM

Hadn't thought of TE for Seattle. I like it.

Phins827 11-22-2012 01:25 PM

Idk about the "overrated dansby" comment, but the pick makes sense. Not that Dansby is overrated, but better suited at olb

proshoota25 11-22-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

exactly. and you dont draft a guy in the first round to be a back up

Bengals78 11-22-2012 03:14 PM

AT 16 I wouldn't hate that

Packers12 11-22-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip. I had issues with giving NE someone. I was thinking corner as well, but I think I would probably put Justin Hunter there in the next mock.

Packers12 11-22-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFinisher (Post 3188991)
^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Josh Brent turned out to be a steal, no need for another NT. I could see a 5Tech if the value was A LOT better than RT, G or S... but when in doubt, give us the OLineman.

Thanks. It was an out there pick, and I didn't know Brent was that valuable. Eric Ried could be a selection there now that I've seen McCray play so bad just now lol

ChicagoBearsVet23 11-22-2012 10:14 PM

Chase Thomas isn't a 1st rounder yet. Give the Bears Jonathan Cooper

thebow305 11-22-2012 10:51 PM

Can't complain with that pick for Miami. Well done.

49erNation85 11-24-2012 04:44 PM

A descent sf pick .

Pat Sims 90 11-25-2012 09:19 AM

The Bengals just took Devon Still and Brandon Thompson in the 2nd and 3rd and they still have Geno Atkins. DT is the at the bottom of the Bengals list for needs.