Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   training at brazil (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54664)

pedro.1312 11-23-2012 05:34 AM

training at brazil

Hey guys, what's up ?

First of all, sorry for my poor english, i don't speak very well..
So, i'm a 17 old boy and i'm talking from braazil and i have one doubt. In my city, we have a football team and i reeeeeally enjoy the sport. These guys of the team call me to play with them, cause i'm relatively strong for my age.
The problem is i'm really short - 1,75 m (something around 5'7'' i think) - and my fear it's not be a good player :/ i'm really scared because of my height ! my entire life i'he practiced soccer, but i love much more football then soccer
I know there's a lot of more stuff, but do you guys think can i be a good player ? I mean, i don't want change the soccer if i'll be a poor or average player, i want to be a good player at all ! What kind of posicion do you guys think i can play ?

i'm really thankfull for you'r help and patience, guys

pedro.1312

BuckeyeDan17 11-23-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedro.1312 (Post 3189822)
Hey guys, what's up ?

First of all, sorry for my poor english, i don't speak very well..
So, i'm a 17 old boy and i'm talking from braazil and i have one doubt. In my city, we have a football team and i reeeeeally enjoy the sport. These guys of the team call me to play with them, cause i'm relatively strong for my age.
The problem is i'm really short - 1,75 m (something around 5'7'' i think) - and my fear it's not be a good player :/ i'm really scared because of my height ! my entire life i'he practiced soccer, but i love much more football then soccer
I know there's a lot of more stuff, but do you guys think can i be a good player ? I mean, i don't want change the soccer if i'll be a poor or average player, i want to be a good player at all ! What kind of posicion do you guys think i can play ?

i'm really thankfull for you'r help and patience, guys

pedro.1312

Do you like hitting or carrying the ball?

Rob S 11-23-2012 10:56 AM

bigbluedefense 11-23-2012 11:27 AM

Sounds like you can be a running back. Or a wide receiver but running back is much more realistic.

wicket 11-23-2012 12:16 PM

your best chance is to first play QB for a couple of years and then play DEnd, your experience knowing what the QB is thinking will make you an unreal pass rusher

bigbluedefense 11-23-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3189933)
your best chance is to first play QB for a couple of years and then play DEnd, your experience knowing what the QB is thinking will make you an unreal pass rusher

Don't do that. He'll think you're being serious.

wicket 11-23-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3189954)
Don't do that. He'll think you're being serious.

you know I had to

bigbluedefense 11-23-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3189955)
you know I had to

I know. Which is why I repped you for it.

BuckeyeDan17 11-23-2012 12:37 PM

Why no mention of elite cover corner

bigbluedefense 11-23-2012 12:38 PM

Not many 5 7" elite cover corners out there...

pedro.1312 11-23-2012 05:51 PM

again, thank you guys for answer heheh

for the question about hitting or carrying the ball.. i really like to hit, but i think maybe i'll play better in the offensive team. One of those guys from the team said i'll be a good WD, but i don't think so... i'm not fast like that.
About be a RB, well, i really like it. Actually, i don't know why i dont have think about that before, it's a pretty good idea :njx:

Just one more question guys, in USA it's usual young kids - around 12 or 13 old - play football at the high school ? Ou the most of people just start a train seriously at the college ?

Brent 11-23-2012 06:57 PM

Just remember, on the first day of practice to take out the QB's knees. Let everyone know that you're the biggest bad ass on the field.

Philliez01 11-24-2012 08:58 PM

It's also VERY important that you find a parent or guardian to keep stats for ya.

brat316 11-24-2012 09:02 PM

Kid from 14-18 play in high school, and train, the good ones play in college. The great ones from college play in the NFL. In college it is ages 18-22, they train hard, but everything is laid out for them and what they have to do. In college it becomes a job for them.