Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   This is a Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54696)

princefielder28 11-25-2012 05:20 PM

This is a Mock Draft
 
I don't normally do trades but I have Buffalo trading back into the first round with Green Bay to get Mike Glennon

1. Kansas City :: Tyler Wilson : QB : Arkansas
2. Jacksonville :: Damontre Moore : DE : Texas A&M
3. Philadelphia :: Geno Smith : QB : West Virginia
4. Carolina :: Star Lotulelei : DT : Utah
5. Oakland :: Jarvis Jones : OLB : Georgia
6. Cleveland :: ` Bjoern Werner : DE : Florida State
7. Arizona :: Luke Joeckel : OT : Texas A&M
8. Detroit :: Johnthan Banks : CB : Mississippi State
9. Buffalo :: Manti Teo : LB : Notre Dame
10. Tennessee :: Jonathan Hankins : DT : Ohio State
11. New York Jets :: Barkevious Mingo : DE : Louisiana State
12. San Diego :: Kennan Allen : WR : California
13. St. Louis :: Eric Fisher : OT : Central Michigan
14. Dallas :: Matt Barkley : QB : USC
15. St. Louis (f/Washington) :: Barrett Jones : OL : Alabama
16. Miami :: Justin Hunter : WR : Tennessee
17. Minnesota :: Cordarrelle Patterson : WR : Tennessee
18. Tampa Bay :: DeMarcus Milliner : CB : Alabama
19. Cincinnati :: Sam Montgomery : DE : Louisiana State
20. Seattle :: Sheldon Richardson : DT : Missouri
21. Pittsburgh :: Jonathan Jenkins : NT : Georgia
22. New Orleans :: Ezekiel Ansah : DE : Brigham Young
23. Indianapolis :: Dion Jordan : OLB : Oregon
24. Green Bay :: Mike Glennon : QB : North Carolina State (Pick traded to Buffalo)
25. New York Giants :: Alec Ogletree : LB : Georgia
26. Denver :: Kevin Minter : ILB : Louisiana State
27. San Francisco :: Chase Thomas : OLB : Stanford
28. New England :: Jordan Poyer : CB : Oregon State
29. Chicago :: Chance Warmack : OG : Alabama
30. Baltimore :: Tavon Austin : WR : West Virginia
31. Atlanta :: Sylvester Williams : DT : North Carolina
32. Houston :: Brian Winters : OT : Kent State

jared3 11-25-2012 05:35 PM

Solid mock. Or Buffalo could wait to select a QB in round 2.

I doubt LB Chase Thomas from Stanford goes in the first round.

vidae 11-25-2012 05:37 PM

Yay Tyler Wilson.

princefielder28 11-25-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jared3 (Post 3192001)
Solid mock. Or Buffalo could wait to select a QB in round 2.

I doubt LB Chase Thomas from Stanford goes in the first round.

With the way the draft is split up, I feel there will be a team who wants to end the night knowing they've landed Glennon and I chose Buffalo as the team to do so.

Chase Thomas has been an enforcer for Stanford's defense this season and he's played to the caliber of a first round selection.

SuperPacker 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

Hey, the Packers don't have a pick :(

SilentJaguar 11-25-2012 05:49 PM

Excellent Jags pick!

derza222 11-25-2012 05:49 PM

Been meaning to ask this somewhere so I'll throw it out in here, is Mingo still really a top half of the first round guy at this point? Obviously he's got unbelievable movement skills for a pass rusher but he's still severely undersized and hasn't really produced at all this year. I haven't seen all of his games but what I did see I haven't seen a much better player than last year at all. Not necessarily sure what makes him better than a guy like Dion Jordan, who has comparable physical attributes but more versatility and has been more productive than Mingo despite playing in coverage a decent amount. I haven't been able to catch as many games as I'd like this season, so this is just an honest question.

princefielder28 11-25-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 3192023)
Been meaning to ask this somewhere so I'll throw it out in here, is Mingo still really a top half of the first round guy at this point? Obviously he's got unbelievable movement skills for a pass rusher but he's still severely undersized and hasn't really produced at all this year. I haven't seen all of his games but what I did see I haven't seen a much better player than last year at all. Not necessarily sure what makes him better than a guy like Dion Jordan, who has comparable physical attributes but more versatility and has been more productive than Mingo despite playing in coverage a decent amount. I haven't been able to catch as many games as I'd like this season, so this is just an honest question.

I personally see Mingo as nothing more than a fringe first rounder given his terrific athleticism but he lacks big time in physicality. At this point I still see an NFL team rolling the dice on his potential and that's why I placed him with the Jets. If I were a GM, I would easily select Jordan over Mingo but with these mocks I'm doing my best to forecast what NFL teams will do.

derza222 11-25-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3192037)
I personally see Mingo as nothing more than a fringe first rounder given his terrific athleticism but he lacks big time in physicality. At this point I still see an NFL team rolling the dice on his potential and that's why I placed him with the Jets. If I were a GM, I would easily select Jordan over Mingo but with these mocks I'm doing my best to forecast what NFL teams will do.

Appreciate the response, although if NFL teams are rolling the dice on potential I like Jordan a lot more. We've seen teams do stranger things though. I'm not sure Mingo should even come out this year.

princefielder28 11-25-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 3192041)
Appreciate the response, although if NFL teams are rolling the dice on potential I like Jordan a lot more. We've seen teams do stranger things though. I'm not sure Mingo should even come out this year.

I like Jordan's potential more as well and if I were Mingo I would go back to school to try and save my stock.

Razor 11-25-2012 06:10 PM

Chance Warmack would have to be the pick for us instead of Poyer. Value always trumps need on draft day. At least if your name is Bill Belichick.

indyfan1985 11-25-2012 07:19 PM

Give the Colts the best safety in this class, SS Matt Elam. We need a quality starter at safety opposite Bethea, something we have been lacking since Bob Sanders when healthy.

DE Sheldon Richardson is another option for them.

princefielder28 11-25-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyfan1985 (Post 3192212)
Give the Colts the best safety in this class, SS Matt Elam. We need a quality starter at safety opposite Bethea, something we have been lacking since Bob Sanders when healthy.

DE Sheldon Richardson is another option for them.

Richardson is gone before the pick and while I really like Elam as a player I don't think he'd get the nod over a pass rusher like Jordan, especially with their second round pick already invested in a secondary guy.

coordinator0 11-25-2012 07:57 PM

Austin is an interesting pick for the Ravens but I doubt they go with a slot receiver. They need somebody that can be a real threat opposite of Smith and if Cameron is still the OC then Austin would be severely under/misused anyways. With Jones on the team I doubt Austin's return ability would be a big deciding factor either.

Pat Sims 90 11-25-2012 08:36 PM

Montgomery is fine for the Bengals.

49erNation85 11-25-2012 08:39 PM

A very meh pick for sf.I think we are set at LB.. Could use one later in the draft but not the first.

ChicagoBearsVet23 11-25-2012 11:26 PM

Perfect Bears pick

bengalbuck 11-26-2012 12:50 AM

Great Bengals pick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.