Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mack Attack (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54707)

JoeJoeBrown 11-27-2012 12:50 AM

Mack Attack
 
It's the beginning of the end for Mack Brown.

The UT boards are going gonzo over this one.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 11-27-2012 01:16 AM

What did I just read...

SickwithIt1010 11-27-2012 01:17 AM

I'm somewhat wondering the same thing.

FUNBUNCHER 11-27-2012 07:10 AM

A couple of less than advertised recruiting classes and it's all over for Mack Brown is Austin?

JoeJoeBrown 11-27-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3193486)
A couple of less than advertised recruiting classes and it's all over for Mack Brown is Austin?

No, it's more that the inmates are running the asylum and they are soft.

He has lost control and regular fans wanted him to retire after they lost the NC game to Bama.

FUNBUNCHER 11-27-2012 11:02 AM

Why did Texas fans want Mack Brown to retire after NC game against Alabama??

UT has played in two NC games since Mack Brown has been the HC. That's two more than than the Longhorns have played in the last 35+ years.

He just hasn't had typical recruiting classes the last couple years.

That program better have someone better lined up to take that job, because Brown is the 2nd best football coach in the history of that school.

JoeJoeBrown 11-27-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3193578)
Why did Texas fans want Mack Brown to retire after NC game against Alabama??

UT has played in two NC games since Mack Brown has been the HC. That's two more than than the Longhorns have played in the last 35+ years.

He just hasn't had typical recruiting classes the last couple years.

That program better have someone better lined up to take that job, because Brown is the 2nd best football coach in the history of that school.

The generic thought is that he is:
a) Too old
b) A poor coach and just a very good politician. The rich donors have loved him forever.
c) His D coordinators that got him there are gone and were the real reason that they won inspite of his offense. It took some all time best players to make Greg Davis' horizontal offense work.
d) The team hasn't been driven or disciplined since the NC game. They are entitled d-bags to the point where the school paper has ridiculed the team for it.
e)Record vs Oklahoma is one of the biggest.
f) 3 straight years of mediocre to bad teams with a pretty weak schedule.

He said he was going to retire and Muschamp was supposed to take over after the NC game. He reneged. That pissed a bunch of people off as they knew Muschamp was out the door because of that.

He's worn out his grandpa schtick.

SickwithIt1010 11-27-2012 08:48 PM

Texas would have no problems finding one of the best coaches in the country if they canned Mack...they dont have to have anyone lined up. They would be able to hand select their coach, and the first call would probably go to Gary Patterson. Texas would likely be able to write the biggest check in the history of CFB for the right guy.

Brent 12-04-2012 11:15 AM

Why would Gary Patterson leave TCU?

Shane P. Hallam 12-04-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3200586)
Why would Gary Patterson leave TCU?

Money. He could stay due to lowered expectations at TCU, but Texas has the cash to make him the highest paid government employee in the country.

Shreckart 12-04-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3200589)
Money. He could stay due to lowered expectations at TCU, but Texas has the cash to make him the highest paid government employee in the country.

I go to TCU, Gary just built a brand new house here in Fort Worth by campus. Therefore, I think that the only way he leaves Fort Worth is if Texas comes calling with an astronomical check. Patterson is a top-10 highest paid coach in the country I believe as it is, but I've heard around that he would think about leaving only because it's an ego thing for him to say he's the highest paid.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.