Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Russell Wilson vs Colin Kaepernick? Who is going to be/is the better player? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54720)

BaalkeBalls 11-29-2012 08:01 AM

Russell Wilson vs Colin Kaepernick? Who is going to be/is the better player?

I registered here just so I can ask the question. I really want some more insight on what people think the future is for these two young quarterbacks, who the better player is, who the better player is going to be, and who the better prospect is etc.

Caddy 11-29-2012 08:02 AM

Are the 9ers fans winning the most annoying fanbase award this season?

FUNBUNCHER 11-29-2012 08:09 AM

CK is going to win a Lombardi within 5 years. Or not.

abaddon41_80 11-29-2012 08:14 AM

Kaepernick has already been voted into the HoF so I don't see why this topic needed to be made

BaalkeBalls 11-29-2012 08:17 AM

Seriously, I think it is an interesting comparison. Both have similar skillsets actually. Wilson has shown more on an NFL field, so far. Kaerpernick probably has the advantage athletically but both are very good athletically.

I am not asking to compare Kaepernick to Daunte Culpepper or anything silly like that.

FUNBUNCHER 11-29-2012 08:25 AM

Just in terms of physical skills, CK dwarfs Russell Wilson and Russell is no bum in the tools department, save height.

Height/speed/arm strength...CK is really unique among NFL QBs.
He's bigger than RG3.
He's faster than Cam Newton.

But overall I think Russell Wilson is ahead of CK in terms of development as a complete NFL QB. But CK's upside is much greater.

Lil Quip 11-29-2012 11:14 AM

Having watched CK in college, I thought he needed time to ramp up to the NFL in terms of speed and size.

His size scares me. Dude is a twig two years into the league. I can't help to think he will have durability issues going forward.

He is never going to be a big ben type. Granted the Bears D couldn't put the pressure on him. If a team like houston or 49ers just beat him up all day, i can see issues.

Polamalu_is_God 11-29-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 3194916)
Are the 9ers fans winning the most annoying fanbase award this season?

w/o a doubt.Btw,Russel Wilson.

49erNation85 11-29-2012 11:33 AM

pfff is it even a question. CK roles over Wilson . Granted he has started more games this year. By why even ask.

Rosebud 11-29-2012 11:47 AM

9ers fans aren't even being homers going with their guy here. Russell's just so utterly and completely mediocre. Now Kaep will need to bulk up to avoid getting broken in half, but when healthy he'll be vastly superior to Russell, and not just because he can get a pass past the LOS without having to rollout.

phlysac 11-29-2012 11:49 AM

This is a new contributor to the site, and by the looks of his name could be questionable.

Aside from this post, here are the other contributions from 49ers fans in this thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 (Post 3194918)
Kaepernick has already been voted into the HoF so I don't see why this topic needed to be made

He's obviously being sarcastic based on the recent posts the past two weeks.

and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3195012)
pfff is it even a question. CK roles over Wilson . Granted he has started more games this year. By why even ask.

Whom openly admits to feeling Tim Tebow is a great QB.

Please don't use this as another reason to lump 49ers = homers into this.

AntoinCD 11-29-2012 11:52 AM

Russell Wilson is night and day better than Kaepernick

In all seriousness though, CK's sample size is too small to compare who the better player is. In saying that I think Kaepernick will be the better player and he is by far the better prospect IMO

Rosebud 11-29-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3195027)
This is a new contributor to the site, and by the looks of his name could be questionable. Please don't use this as another reason to lump 49ers = homers into this.

quit defending your fellow homer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3195030)
Russell Wilson is night and day better than Kaepernick

In all seriousness though, CK's sample size is too small to compare who the better player is. In saying that I think Kaepernick will be the better player and he is by far the better prospect IMO

Eh, Kaep may never match his first start, and he may well die on the football field when someone like Watt, Ngata or JPP destroy him, but Russell will never play as good a game as Kaep already has.

cmarq83 11-29-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3195025)
9ers fans aren't even being homers going with their guy here. Russell's just so utterly and completely mediocre. Now Kaep will need to bulk up to avoid getting broken in half, but when healthy he'll be vastly superior to Russell, and not just because he can get a pass past the LOS without having to rollout.

This, Russell Wilson is the definition of mediocre now that we don't have Alex Smith anymore.

y.f.s. 11-29-2012 12:03 PM

All Russell Wilson Everything.

But Kaep will probably end up being the better player. He's basically a bigger version of Wilson.

Russell stays underrated, though. Short not small.

y.f.s. 11-29-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3195042)
are you saying russell wilson is better than he's being given credit for, or did i miss a sarcasm tag?

Yes, he is better than he is given credit for. He had no business falling to the 3rd round.

y.f.s. 11-29-2012 12:11 PM

When he stops getting the "he's pretty good for a short guy" backhanded compliments is when he'll stop being underrated.

Forenci 11-29-2012 12:27 PM

I mean, I've only seen bits and pieces of Wilson, but isn't he having a solid season considering that he is a rookie? That's another factor too. Dude is just a rookie.

I'm not saying he's great, or that he will be, but as far as rookie seasons go, he seems fairly impressive.

y.f.s. 11-29-2012 12:32 PM

I make no bones about the fact that they try to minimize his impact on the game. He's set to have the fewest attempts for any 16 game starter.

Wilson is playing well and infinitely better in the same role than Mark Sanchez ever has for the Jets. I know Sanchez sucks ass, but this Seahawk team is not miles and miles better than the Jets team that went to the AFCCG in 2009 and 2010.

If he stays at this level and fails to progress (which is ENTIRELY possible) then yeah. There's a lot to build on with him, though. When/if he understands his protections and where throwing lanes will open up, I think you'll see the intermediate passing game open up more (and I have faith that it'll happen, because it happened for him at NC State and Wisconsin - he knows how to overcome his height deficiency by throwing from different/awkward release platforms, so once he understands his protections, I think his height almost becomes a non-issue). The intermediate game is the one thing they don't really ask him to do, justifiably.

jrdrylie 11-29-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3195031)
but Russell will never play as good a game as Kaep already has.

Actually, he already has. Against New England, he was 16-27, 293 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs.

49erNation85 11-29-2012 01:00 PM

< oh by the way is letting of his Tebow love at Qb. And admits he won't do crap in the NFL any more its sad but its the truth.

ph90702 11-29-2012 01:04 PM

Kaepernick is better. More physical talent.

AntoinCD 11-29-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3195083)
Actually, he already has. Against New England, he was 16-27, 293 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs.

Playing against New England doesn't count, it's clear Belichick is trolling the rest of the league by letting mediocre QBs look like they may become stars. I mean that's the only explanation for Mark Sanchez averaging about 300 yards per game against NE. No team could unintentionally be that bad

phlysac 11-29-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3195031)
quit defending your fellow homer...

So now you're trolling me and not just Ness. Thanks. Glad I deserve it.

Babylon 11-29-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3195027)
This is a new contributor to the site, and by the looks of his name could be questionable.

Aside from this post, here are the other contributions from 49ers fans in this thread...

He's obviously being sarcastic based on the recent posts the past two weeks.

and...

Whom openly admits to feeling Tim Tebow is a great QB.

Please don't use this as another reason to lump 49ers = homers into this.

Other than yourself i find Niner fans almost getting unbearable.