Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Marcus Lattimore going pro (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54861)

Bert Macklin 12-10-2012 10:55 AM

Marcus Lattimore going pro
 
@schadjoe: South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week.


@schadjoe: Marcus Lattimore's recovery from torn ACL and LCL is on track and he is off of crutches; feels rehabbing with NFL doctors best path back


@schadjoe: Marcus Lattimore has consulted w other backs who bounced back from knee injuries such as Willis McGahee, Frank Gore and Eddie George


@schadjoe: Marcus Lattimore understands he may not be able to play next season but has a goal of jogging and catching passes for NFL execs in March

Cigaro 12-10-2012 11:04 AM

It makes sense for him. Without injuries, Marcus Lattimore would have unquestionably been the greatest Gamecock ever. For many, he still is. I'm going to really miss this guy, but I always thought he should go pro after three years anyways. This guy was absolutely critical for capturing our first SEC East title, and was the unquestionable heart of the team, and will never be forgotten. A great football player, and possibly even a better person.

As for how we'll fare without him, I'm not particularly concerned. Once he got injured the first time, our offense forever changed, without necessarily losing any efficiency. We stopped relying on just continually running Lattimore, and instead saw Shaw grow as both a passer and runner in his own right. Brandon Wilds took over for him in 2011 and was very successful, there was no drop off in the running game. He's back after redshirting this year, and has the inside track to the starting job. But I expect very stiff competition from Mike Davis in particular. Highly rated coming, he's a strong runner who is extremely fast. He looked good on the few carries we saw early in the season, and after Lattimore went down we got even more flashes of his potential, particularly in the Clemson game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him eventually named starter, and many Gamecock fans want exactly that.

Bert Macklin 12-10-2012 11:10 AM

I wish him the best. Great young man.

MassNole 12-10-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3207272)
It makes sense for him. Without injuries, Marcus Lattimore would have unquestionably been the greatest Gamecock ever. For many, he still is. I'm going to really miss this guy, but I always thought he should go pro after three years anyways. This guy was absolutely critical for capturing our first SEC East title, and was the unquestionable heart of the team, and will never be forgotten. A great football player, and possibly even a better person.

That is just insulting to Sterling Sharpe.

Cigaro 12-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3207287)
That is just insulting to Sterling Sharpe.

Sterling Sharpe was an unquestionably great player. But he wasn't even the best player in his own decade for us.

JRTPlaya21 12-10-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3207287)
That is just insulting to Sterling Sharpe.

Lol Sterling Sharpe?? George Rogers won a Heisman for them. So he is automatically above him.

Brent 12-10-2012 04:47 PM

I really want him to be successful. Preferably for a team not in the 49ers division... unless it is for the Niners.

energizerbunny 12-27-2012 04:51 PM

The impact the season Adrian Peterson is having this year is only going to help his chance to get drafted.

These knee injuries aren't the death to a RB they were 10.... heck even 5 years ago.

yupyup 01-04-2013 07:46 PM

I love your signature OP. In other news good for Lattimore, I wish him the best.

Warriorz319 01-04-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3207287)
That is just insulting to Sterling Sharpe.

Amen to that, Never seen a better WR in college or pro than Sharpe, Got to show him respect.

Warriorz319 01-04-2013 10:15 PM

As for Lattimore He is a very productive college running back and I wish him all the best and hope he can stay healthy, with that said as a NFL prospect he reminds me so much of Ron Dayne he scares me and I wouldn't draft him with that many carries on his body, with his physical running style and his injury history.

Cigaro 01-04-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warriorz319 (Post 3233063)
As for Lattimore He is a very productive college running back and I wish him all the best and hope he can stay healthy, with that said as a NFL prospect he reminds me so much of Ron Dayne he scares me and I wouldn't draft him with that many carries on his body, with his physical running style and his injury history.

The injuries prevented Lattimore from accumulating that many carries. He has less than half as many as Dayne did, not really comparable in that regard.

Warriorz319 01-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3233071)
The injuries prevented Lattimore from accumulating that many carries. He has less than half as many as Dayne did, not really comparable in that regard.

No Lattimore's Style of running reminds me of Ron Dayne. I understand He is not as big as Dayne and is a slightly more explosive back (or at least he was will see about the future). His Carries that I'm worried about is how his body is already breaking down with only about 550 Carries and coming off of two knee injuries, although not on the same knee. The life span of a RB in the NFL is only about 4 years, and his injury history to his knees is not something that is very encouraging.

Ness 01-05-2013 01:38 AM

I'd like to see this guy in a 49ers uniform bulldozing everyone over. I think he's worth the risk.

fenikz 01-05-2013 06:25 AM

if AJ Jenkins can go in the 1st why not :D

Bert Macklin 01-22-2013 05:24 PM

Rooting for him

@ArmyAllAmerican: Dr. James Andrews called #ArmyBowl alum Marcus Lattimore's progress "nothing short of a miracle."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.