December 11th First Round Projection
Here are the 32 players I think are going to be selected in the first round this April, in some order, listed alphabetically by position. These aren't my personal rankings, just who I think will make up the first round of picks when all is said and done:
1. QB Matt Barkley, Southern California
2. QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
3. QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
4. WR Keenan Allen, California*
5. WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
6. WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee*
7. TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame*
8. OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
9. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*
10. OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan*
11. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M*
12. OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
13. OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
14. DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.*
15. DT John Jenkins, Georgia
16. DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
17. DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri*
18. DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
19. DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
20. DE Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.*
21. DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M*
22. DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.*
23. LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia*
24. LB Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.*
25. LB C.J. Mosley, Alabama*
26. LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia*
27. LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
28. LB Chase Thomas, Stanford
29. CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.
30. CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*
31. CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.*
32. FS Eric Reid, Louisiana St.*
I think you left off Manti Te'o?
Also replaced Terrance Williams in favor of Alec Ogletree.
There are quite a few quality players that didnt make the cut
Here are a few from Kiper's big board
WR Cordarelle Patterson*
DT Shariff Floyd*
LB Anthony Barr*
LB Khaseem Greene
S Kenny Vaccaro
It is shaping up as a heck of a defensive draft
The positional breakdown is quite interesting
Thats probably a fair representation of the strength of the draft class at this stage.
Eifert and Reid would be the two names I'd argue most on the list. Reid is more of an in-the-box safety, suggesting that skill set isn't intriguing enough to be a first round selection, and with Eifert he's talented but he's not even the prospect that Kyle Rudolph was; it's so difficult for tight ends to break into the first round.
I always look forward to your projections, Mr Jones.
If Roby out of OSU declares do you see him as a first rounder?
Nice list, always enjoy reading your rankings. I think I would have Cordarelle Patterson up there.
Very strong year for OL/DL.
I would be ok with Robert Woods (Seattle). Chase Thomas, who i like as a player, isn't first round material. Trent Murphy if he were to declare out of Stanford would be the better choice i think.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.