Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   December 18th Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54953)

Matthew Jones 12-18-2012 05:30 PM

December 18th Mock Draft

Just worked on this one. Let me know what you think!

1. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia*

3. Oakland Raiders - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

4. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*

5. Detroit Lions - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.*

6. San Diego Chargers - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*

7. Buffalo Bills - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

8. Cleveland Browns - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M*

9. Carolina Panthers - DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.*

10. Tennessee Titans - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri*

11. Arizona Cardinals - QB Matt Barkley, Southern California

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Johnthan Banks, Mississippi St.

13. Miami Dolphins - WR Keenan Allen, California*

14. New York Jets - DE Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.*

15. New Orleans Saints - DE Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.*

16. St. Louis Rams - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan*

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - DT John Jenkins, Georgia

18. Dallas Cowboys - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

19. Chicago Bears - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M*

20. New York Giants - DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young

21. Cincinnati Bengals - LB C.J. Mosley, Alabama*

22. St. Louis Rams (from Redskins) - FS Eric Reid, Louisiana St.*

23. Minnesota Vikings - WR Justin Hunter, Tenessee*

24. Indianapolis Colts - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon

25. Baltimore Ravens - LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia*

26. Seattle Seahawks - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

27. Green Bay Packers - LB Chase Thomas, Stanford

28. New England Patriots - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

29. San Francisco 49ers - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.*

30. Denver Broncos - DT Kawann Short, Purdue

31. Atlanta Falcons - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

32. Houston Texans - WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

vidae 12-18-2012 05:34 PM

Just a bad KC pick no matter how you slice it. We've taken defensive linemen at the top of the draft 3 of the last 5 years, and QB is our biggest need. There is absolutely zero reason to give KC a DT right now, especially when you have a QB going 7th overall. It makes no sense.

ChicagoBearsVet23 12-18-2012 05:37 PM

I'd take Fisher or Jones over Mathews

Matthew Jones 12-18-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3216880)
Just a bad KC pick no matter how you slice it. We've taken defensive linemen at the top of the draft 3 of the last 5 years, and QB is our biggest need. There is absolutely zero reason to give KC a DT right now, especially when you have a QB going 7th overall. It makes no sense.

Well, at least you can take solace in Kansas City being able to draft Tyler Wilson at 33 in this scenario. I think Lotulelei would develop into a stud a la Ngata in a scheme like Crennel's. What would you think of Star/Wilson?

Matthew Jones 12-18-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3216887)

I think Jones is a little overrated. Good at everything, very likable and clean prospect, but not outstanding in any area. I went with Matthews over Fisher because aren't the Bears more of a power/inline blocking team? Fisher is more of a zone blocker.

vidae 12-18-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3216895)
Well, at least you can take solace in Kansas City being able to draft Tyler Wilson at 33 in this scenario. I think Lotulelei would develop into a stud a la Ngata in a scheme like Crennel's. What would you think of Star/Wilson?

If you could guarantee that we'd still somehow get Wilson I'd feel better about it, but you can't. And Star won't get a chance to play in RACs system since there is no way in hell he keeps his job. This is the worst season this franchise has ever had. Everyone has got to go, including RAC and Scott Pioli.

Matthew Jones 12-18-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3216904)
If you could guarantee that we'd still somehow get Wilson I'd feel better about it, but you can't. And Star won't get a chance to play in RACs system since there is no way in hell he keeps his job. This is the worst season this franchise has ever had. Everyone has got to go, including RAC and Scott Pioli.

Understandable. I don't disagree that quarterback is by far the biggest need, I just think that the possibility of drafting an elite talent should maybe take precedence that high in the draft. Trading back up into the first or something for whichever quarterback slips would probably be a better idea if you ask me. I don't think too many teams are going to go with quarterbacks this year.

Pat Sims 90 12-18-2012 07:50 PM

Rather see Ogletree if the Bengals take a LB in the 1st.

indyfan1985 12-18-2012 07:53 PM

Great pick for the Colts in getting OLB Dion Jordan. He could be our version of Aldon Smith. Maybe not quite as good of pass rusher, but he is better in coverage.

rawdawg 12-18-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3216887)

I'd take Matthews easily over those 2 there. I like Fisher, but the jump in competition could be an issue, and the Bears aren't at the point where they can wait for a LT to develop. Matthews seems to really fit what the Bears try to do on the OL. And maybe he knows some secrets to blocking his cousin.

I think Jones could be there at the Bears 2nd round pick. I think teams will go for the upside guys over Jones who is likely to be solid, but not much more than that.

princefielder28 12-18-2012 08:59 PM

I like Chase Thomas as the selection but not sure if TT will go that direction

Bengals78 12-18-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3217024)
Rather see Ogletree if the Bengals take a LB in the 1st.

I agree with ps90.
I don't dislike Mosley at all but with Ogletree on the board, Id take him

holt_bruce81 12-18-2012 09:21 PM

I actually like Matthews a tad bit more than Lewan. Probably the only one though. But either way, I'd take that first round by the Rams.

coordinator0 12-19-2012 12:44 AM

I'm not a big fan of Ogletree for the Ravens or at ILB for any 3-4 team really. They do need to improve the pass-coverage from that position but I don't like his instincts/tendencies inside near the LOS. I understand the pick but I'd rather they go in a different direction.

regoob2 12-19-2012 06:43 PM

I'd take Matthews if I was Chicago. RT is a really big need. Matthews can start there and if Webb doesn't improve enough Matthews can take over at LT.

Between Matthews, Fisher and Cooper it's really splitting hairs. They're all great prospects that would fill a need on the OL.

49erNation85 12-19-2012 07:22 PM

Solid sf pick.

RCAChainGang 12-19-2012 08:14 PM

Excellent Colts pick. Would love to see Jordan playing SLB.

DeepThreat 12-19-2012 08:18 PM

Wrong defensive end. Ansah 4lyfe.

Abaddon 12-20-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

3. Oakland Raiders - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Really too high for a LB who doesn't sack QBs.

TonyGfortheTD 12-21-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3216919)
Understandable. I don't disagree that quarterback is by far the biggest need, I just think that the possibility of drafting an elite talent should maybe take precedence that high in the draft. Trading back up into the first or something for whichever quarterback slips would probably be a better idea if you ask me. I don't think too many teams are going to go with quarterbacks this year.

Tell me more about this world you live on where Star Lotulelei is an elite player.

I also think you're wrong and a there will be plenty of teams QB shopping.