Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 16 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54957)

Hines 12-18-2012 07:44 PM

Week 16 Discussion Thread

Saturday
Atlanta @ Detroit

Sunday
New Orleans @ Dallas
Tennessee @ Green Bay
Indianapolis @ Kansas City
Buffalo @ Miami
San Diego @ NY Jets
Washington @ Philadelphia
Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh
St Louis @ Tampa Bay
Oakland @ Carolina
New England @ Jacksonville
Minnesota @ Houston
Cleveland @ Denver
Chicago @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Baltimore
San Francisco @ Seattle

vidae 12-18-2012 07:45 PM

Andrew Luck is about to go ham on the Chiefs on Sunday.

descendency 12-18-2012 07:45 PM

So, who wants to see San Diego and New York? I want to watch it just for the comedy show. That game has the potential to be the NFLs first 4-2 game.

49erNation85 12-18-2012 08:14 PM

For the love of gods , what is Rex doing?He start McElroy over tebow? SO freaking lame that is. That is just plain stupid and sad. But I guess Tebow is just a waisted trade to the Jets. Man they are a mess and truly just suck.

J-Mike88 12-18-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3217072)
NY Giants @ Baltimore
San Francisco @ Seattle

GO SEAHAWKS!
A Seattle win (or theft) would give the Packers the #2 seed (if the Packers win theirs)....

Go Ravens too!

49ersfan_87 12-18-2012 08:28 PM

No Thursday or Monday game this week but there is a Saturday game.

Kind of a blah week, but Week 15 looked awesome and a ton of games were stinkers. Looking forward to Bengals/Steelers and Vikings/Texans at 1, and Giants/Ravens at 4. Obviously also looking forward to SNF. Hopefully there are more close games this week- only 3 were really close last week.

49erNation85 12-18-2012 08:42 PM

Never a blah week for 49er games. Always new an improed formations to look forward too NOT.

JoeJoeBrown 12-18-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3217114)
For the love of gods , what is Rex doing?He start McElroy over tebow? SO freaking lame that is. That is just plain stupid and sad. But I guess Tebow is just a waisted trade to the Jets. Man they are a mess and truly just suck.

Is the Tebow trade a small waist or a large waist? Regardless, Ryan really needs to buy a different belt.

vidae 12-18-2012 08:59 PM

Tim Tebow really sucks. Mark Sanchez is a huge upgrade from him and you can believe that was hard to type.

Unbiased 12-18-2012 09:04 PM

If you look at the ESPN map to the question "Should McElroy or Tebow start," New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut all say McElroy. Everyone else (except bama of course) says Tebow. Jets fans realize Tebow is atrocious. The rest of the country is just a bunch of dummies who think everything should be handed to Tebow because he's a nice person.

JRTPlaya21 12-18-2012 09:06 PM

Week 16??? Where did the season go......

JoeJoeBrown 12-18-2012 09:06 PM

49erNation, you are always a great source of words. Randomly place words. And some jumbled letter groupings that may have originally had the best intentions of being words but really are just vague notions of the spasms of a semisentient being.

SuperPacker 12-18-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3217153)
Tim Tebow really sucks. Mark Sanchez is a huge upgrade from him and you can believe that was hard to type.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased (Post 3217161)
If you look at the ESPN map to the question "Should McElroy or Tebow start," New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut all say McElroy. Everyone else (except bama of course) says Tebow. Jets fans realize Tebow is atrocious. The rest of the country is just a bunch of dummies who think everything should be handed to Tebow because he's a nice person.

farfromforgotten 12-18-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 3217165)
Week 16??? Where did the season go......

Damn. This just hit me as well.

Jvig43 12-18-2012 09:40 PM

Say what you want about Tebow, and he is awful but he isnt the turn over machine that Sanchez is. Hes also good for at least one game changing play with his legs. I'm not really trying to make a case for Tebow to be a starting QB but he certainly gives you something over Sanchez.

JoeJoeBrown 12-18-2012 11:39 PM

Sanchez is one of the worst starting QBs that I've ever seen. I have no ******* clue how the guy has been a starter for so many years. He must be a god on the practice field. Or he lets Rex Ryan suck on his toes.

Whatever it is, it's baffling. The dude is terrible. Those playoff teams won with strong defense and strong running games. Tebow (whom sucks as a QB) could have managed that just fine as well.

J-Mike88 12-19-2012 08:08 AM

Plenty of horrible QBs these days and that's why we need to keep the good ones from getting hurt.

How is Rob Parker not fired yet, by the way?
Kick him to the curb. BET will hire him anyway.

In 2006, Fox dropped MLB analyst Steve Lyons after he suggested on-air a convoluted connection between Hispanics and stealing wallets, which he told USA TODAY at the time was "a joke that had nothing to do with race. ... I'm happy to apologize to anybody who took it that way. But it seems a little stretch to lose your job over. It's hard to understand."

On-air references to ethnicity can be job-killers even when it's unclear which group is being stereotyped. Just weeks into a much-hyped gig at ESPN in 2003, Rush Limbaugh was dropped after theorizing that the media "is very desirous that a black quarterback do well."

jth1331 12-19-2012 08:13 AM

BROWNS:

I almost feel bad for Cleveland.

AntoinCD 12-19-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3217410)
i'm pretty sure we'll lose to the browns and drop the 2 seed that new england so nicely gave us.

I would appreciate that very much, but I somehow doubt it. I love how the Browns haven't realised that Trent Richardson is the type of back who wears defenses down and will get better the more carries he gets. But in saying that, Peyton will have the Broncos up by 14 in the 1st and the Browns will put it all Weeden

Jvig43 12-19-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

i'm pretty sure we'll lose to the browns and drop the 2 seed that new england so nicely gave us.

Pretty pretty please. But no, you guys are going to kill them. I think Denver represents the AFC in the SB this year.

AntoinCD 12-19-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3217414)
Pretty pretty please. But no, you guys are going to kill them. I think Denver represents the AFC in the SB this year.

Compared to the start of the year I really think it's between the Broncos and Pats. The Texans look like pretenders the last few weeks, the Ravens have fallen off big time and the Bengals and Colts shouldn't scare anyone.

As it stands it looks like the Pats should play the Broncos in the divisional round at Mile High. I like how we match up against their back 7 but it's all abou blocking Miller. Of the 3 top defensive players this year he is the one who has had the most success against the Pats o line.

Defensively Peyton will make plays and Thomas will have a decent game, but once again I thik we can slow them down enough. For me that game would likely decide the winner of the AFC

BuckeyeDan17 12-19-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

oh stop it. You guys will run us out of the ******* stadium by the third quarter.

Grizzlegom 12-19-2012 10:28 AM

Miami isn't officially eliminated yet! In addition to the Dolphins, I'm a Steelers and Chargers fan this week!!

49erNation85 12-19-2012 11:34 AM

Ryan Leaf over Mark Sanchize ?

vidae 12-19-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

STOP IT YOU! Just like you were going to lose to the Chiefs?

beeteedubs, you'll beat the Chiefs in week 17 too, so don't start that with me!

Oh, and Moreno was voted AFC offensive player of the week. DA FUTAH