Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Montee Ball/2013 RBs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54970)

hockey619 12-20-2012 09:51 AM

Montee Ball/2013 RBs

Hey draft countdown, its been a while.

I havent gotten to see a ton of college football lately, so ive been browsing through highlights and full game footage for some running backs.

What does everyone think about Montee Ball?

I watched him, Bernard (ok but bounces it out a little too much), Taylor (i think hes the definition of mediocre, no vision at all, and i REALLY wanted to like him) and a couple others and the guy that stuck out to me the most was Ball.
I know his line is filthy, but hes a tough dude to tackle and runs hard. Idk, Ive heard 'oh hes just another wisconsin back' but I feel like hes a lot more than that, not great speed but hits the hole and pretty good acceleration and lateral movement. What say you DC?

Shane P. Hallam 12-20-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey619 (Post 3218339)
Hey draft countdown, its been a while.

I havent gotten to see a ton of college football lately, so ive been browsing through highlights and full game footage for some running backs.

What does everyone think about Montee Ball?

I watched him, Bernard (ok but bounces it out a little too much), Taylor (i think hes the definition of mediocre, no vision at all, and i REALLY wanted to like him) and a couple others and the guy that stuck out to me the most was Ball.
I know his line is filthy, but hes a tough dude to tackle and runs hard. Idk, Ive heard 'oh hes just another wisconsin back' but I feel like hes a lot more than that, not great speed but hits the hole and pretty good acceleration and lateral movement. What say you DC?

I like him in a one cut system where he can use his power to his advantage. My biggest fear is his lack of explosion if he is asked to do too much and won't be able to get through the line to use his strengths to his advantage. Good vision, he can be very productive, but I am scared of another Shonn Greene type of situation for him.

Witten4HOF 12-20-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3218342)
I like him in a one cut system where he can use his power to his advantage. My biggest fear is his lack of explosion if he is asked to do too much and won't be able to get through the line to use his strengths to his advantage. Good vision, he can be very productive, but I am scared of another Shonn Greene type of situation for him.

Mike Shanahan could make him a 1,500 yard back for sure.

BamaFalcon59 12-20-2012 12:10 PM

I don't think Greene is on the same level of Ball. Ball has the tools coming out to be a three down back and more lateral quickness than Greene. However, it's not like Greene has been a disappointment.

bitonti 03-28-2013 08:38 AM

just want to bump this thread, I'm having a problem valuing this player. I've seen alot of 2nd/3rd round grades but he didn't run well at Indy and ton of tread on the tires.

Any1 else think he's gonna drop out of the top 100?

dunagan15 03-28-2013 09:48 AM

I think he is def worth a 2nd round pick in the right system.

K Train 03-28-2013 10:33 AM

hes a chester taylor clone

Iamcanadian 03-28-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 3314495)
just want to bump this thread, I'm having a problem valuing this player. I've seen alot of 2nd/3rd round grades but he didn't run well at Indy and ton of tread on the tires.

Any1 else think he's gonna drop out of the top 100?

I think he will stay in the top 100 but he could go anywhere in round 2/3.

FUNBUNCHER 03-28-2013 11:03 AM

Montee should be a solid starter for most teams.
I don't see a huge upside with him, but I still think he can play.

Punisher 03-28-2013 11:15 AM

I like Montee Ball in Washington as a change of pace back to Morris.

Edit* I would also have no qualms about Denver taking him in the 3rd round if he is available.