Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54974)

Breed 12-21-2012 09:37 AM

Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

Oh boy, that '09 QB class was just turrible.

49erNation85 12-21-2012 11:18 AM

Stafford is still the better of the IMO. Sanchez is the only one going down hill as of right now. Freeman alright e doing seems to in Tampa needs better cast of wide outs .

Trogdor 12-21-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breed (Post 3219074)
Oh boy, that '09 QB class was just turrible.

Not sure how Stafford comes out as terrible. Down year certainly but keep in mind he's on pace to beat the NFL record for passing attempts by about 30. Looking back how in the world did Drew Bledsoe attempt 691 passes in 1994. -_-

Freeman is also performing reasonably well. Should re-title this "Sanchez is turrrrible".

The Sanchize was never good and the Jets should feel bad for taking him.

Shane P. Hallam 12-21-2012 12:18 PM

At least Pat White makes the class look a little better.

bigbluedefense 12-21-2012 12:45 PM

Poor Parcells. Pat White was supposed to be RGIII in his eyes.

descendency 12-21-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3219191)
Poor Parcells. Pat White was supposed to be RGIII in his eyes.

That's why you don't draft a 160 pound QB.

descendency 12-21-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3219132)
Stafford is still the better of the IMO. Sanchez is the only one going down hill as of right now. Freeman alright e doing seems to in Tampa needs better cast of wide outs .

I love how people make excuses for Freeman, but the Jets offensive players (outside of Mangold and Brick) are ******* terrible.

Rosebud 12-21-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3219228)
I love how people make excuses for Freeman, but the Jets offensive players (outside of Mangold and Brick) are ******* terrible.

It's cause "good Freeman"'s actually a pretty solid QB, but when he sucks he sucks almost as much as Sanchez.

Job Reborn 12-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Freeman alright e doing seems to in Tampa needs

G Mobile 12-21-2012 02:11 PM

They've been bad at times, but at least not Vick level bad.

Babylon 12-21-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Job Reborn (Post 3219252)

They have to drink a lot in Wisconsin just to keep warm.

Halsey 12-21-2012 02:35 PM

All three are still young. It's too early to label Stafford and Freeman as disappointments, but the Jets are clearly moving on from Sanchez.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-21-2012 03:24 PM

it might be to early to label them failures, but you sure the heck can call them disappointments because thats what they are. how long before they are failures? 4 years starting in the NFL should show a good portion of their capabilities. at this point, they are more likely to finish their careers as exactly who they are right now, than to become anything better.

SolidGold 12-21-2012 04:10 PM

Sanchez is a bust - Freeman is mediocre - Stafford is good - Detroit's woes are more an indictment of the teams discipline and execution than Stafford. He is one year removed from 5000 yd season.

soybean 12-21-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3219241)
It's cause "good Freeman"'s actually a pretty solid QB, but when he sucks he sucks almost as much as Sanchez.

He benefited a lot from the signing of Vincent Jackson, not that that's a slight on him.

Obviously, Doug Martin as well.

SolidGold 12-21-2012 04:49 PM

The Jets made the biggest mistake by extending Sanchez last offseason. His rise to the 4th overall pick still baffles me - John David Booty didn't seem to be much less gifted than Sanchez yet he went in the 5th or 6th round.

Auron 12-21-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

He has one of the leagues biggest mis-match Wideouts in Vincent Jackson, and wasn't Mike Williams supposed to be the next big thing after his impressive Rookie year?

What more does he need? You can't surround every young QB with Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitzgerald's.

billybeejr 12-21-2012 05:09 PM

Freeman has shown the big play ability, he could pass for 4000 and 30 this year. His problem is a pathetic, regressed 54 completion percentage. He gets that up to 63-64 and we have a really solid player.

Stafford I havent seen much this year, but after last year he cant be immediately written off.

Sanchez is the last usc qb i endorse.

bucfan12 12-21-2012 05:35 PM

Wit freeman he's inconsistent. He's not accurate and that was his problem coming into the draft. He doesn't process things very quickly in the field. Very often actually way too often he will stare down his first option. Fails to go throug progressions or see the field. Too many times I've seen him state down one guy and on the other side of the field he has 2 guys open.

He may have a cannon and sold deep ball with a great supporting cast but he doesn't have it between the ears nor does he have the accuracy to hit on intermediate routes. Unfortunately I dot think accuracy can inprove if it has only regressed 4 years in.

Jason Campbell 2.0

FUNBUNCHER 12-21-2012 05:46 PM

Stafford and Freeman IMO should not be mentioned in the same thread with Sanchez.

Stafford started his first full NFL season last year and looked like the 2nd coming of Dan Marino. Freeman is still trying to find game to game consistency, but when he's on he's a very good NFL QB.

Sanchez has just lost it mentally. He plays like he's shellshocked and suffering from post traumatic stress disorder.

He's the bust who won't be starting next season, not Freeman or Stafford.

NY+Giants=NYG 12-21-2012 05:57 PM

Watching Jets games here in NJ, I would agree that The Sanchize looks shell shocked and mentality out of it. It's almost as if he plays expecting bad things. I noticed after his turnovers, he shows no emotion as he runs back. It's almost as if he expects bad stuff to happen, and when it does, it's expected. Nothing new there. I actually feel bad for the guy. Maybe a good coach can teach the guy, and try to develop him.

gsorace 12-21-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG (Post 3219351)
It's almost as if he expects bad stuff to happen, and when it does, it's expected.

Yes, it's almost like that.

Brodeur 12-21-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Tampa has plenty of talent on offense.

soybean 12-21-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG (Post 3219351)
Watching Jets games here in NJ, I would agree that The Sanchize looks shell shocked and mentality out of it. It's almost as if he plays expecting bad things. I noticed after his turnovers, he shows no emotion as he runs back. It's almost as if he expects bad stuff to happen, and when it does, it's expected. Nothing new there. I actually feel bad for the guy. Maybe a good coach can teach the guy, and try to develop him.

I think I've watched more Jets games than majority of this board and I find this to be pretty accurate. You can tell he's fueled by rhythm and momentum and performs well when things are going right. And he starts to sink fast when things start when things go bad.

Could Tannenbaum and Rex have done a better job of surrounding him with talent and developing him? of course, but that's true for everyone. But he doesn't have the ability like elite qbs and eli to overcome the pressure.

NY+Giants=NYG 12-21-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsorace (Post 3219357)
Yes, it's almost like that.

The rest is the coaching staff's fault. They have no intention of playing or starting Tebow. So what do they do? They keep Sanchez in, dress Tebow and make McElroy inactive. So basically now you have to play Sanchez. Clearly, they don't like Tebow, so they do stuff like that to coddle Sanchez. He has no threat of someone viable coming in and starting.

That game was a must win game to keep your playoff chances alive, and Rex kept him in turnover after turnover. That's just bad coaching.