Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Brad Wing, P, L.S.U. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54979)

Scott Wright 12-22-2012 11:23 AM

Brad Wing, P, L.S.U.
 
Looks like LSU P Brad Wing, who is a redshirt sophomore, is entering the 2013 NFL Draft:

Quote:

LSU punter leaving school early for NFL Draft

We don’t often mention punters when we’re listing the players leaving college football early for the NFL draft, but we don’t often come across punters like LSU’s Brad Wing.

Although Wing hasn’t said anything about it publicly, Gannett Louisiana reports that Wing will declare for the NFL draft.

That’s no surprise. Wing has a strong leg, good hang time on his punts and good accuracy for dropping the ball inside the 20-yard line, so he’s certainly good enough to get NFL teams’ attention. And Wing has never made much of a secret that he left his home in Australia and moved to Louisiana to be an athlete, not a student, so he’s likely eager to move on. Wing has been suspended from LSU’s bowl game for violating team rules, which means his college football career is effectively over, even though he’s a third-year sophomore who still has two years of NCAA eligibility remaining.

In this year’s draft, two punters were selected: Jacksonville chose Bryan Anger in the third round, and Carolina chose Brad Nortman in the sixth round. The best guess is that Wing would seem likely to go somewhere lower than Anger but higher than Nortman in the 2013 draft.


Wing will probably be either the #1 or #2 punter in this class. Top 100 potential but character concerns could push him into the middle rounds. Borderline special prospect at the position.

Leon Sandcastle 12-22-2012 11:39 AM

Raiders should draft him for the lolz. Plus I have a thing for punter controversies.

rawdawg 12-22-2012 11:40 AM

Good for him. Helluva leg.

Shane P. Hallam 12-22-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 3219648)
Good for him. Helluva leg.

Rumors are he has failed multiple drug tests and that is why he is declaring.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=237552

rawdawg 12-22-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3219653)
Rumors are he has failed multiple drug tests and that is why he is declaring.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=237552


Yeah I can see that. He's kind of a rock star down there.

K Train 12-22-2012 12:23 PM

gotta love punters with character concerns lol

bruschis4all 12-22-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3219667)
gotta love punters with character concerns lol

Ha! He even had a taunting penalty in a game last year. LSU ran a fake punt and he scored. Holds the ball out before he crosses the goal line and got flagged. A punter with swag too:)

rawdawg 12-22-2012 02:08 PM

Todd Sauerbrun esque.

wicket 12-22-2012 03:15 PM

special punter who seems to get better when the kick is more important, also as good of a player after the punt (and on fakes) as youll have on the position, pretty good tackler and pretty fast for a punter

ph90702 12-22-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3219653)
Rumors are he has failed multiple drug tests and that is why he is declaring.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=237552

Between this and the fact that he used LSU for athletics and not education, he sounds like a real douche bag.

BuddyCHRIST 12-22-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219805)
Between this and the fact that he used LSU for athletics and not education, he sounds like a real douche bag.

Or just someone who wants to be an athlete? Its not his fault that College Football is the defacto minor leagues for the pros. Just because he didn't fake being a student athlete as much as others doesn't make him any less of a person.

The NFL is so random in their drafting of Punters and Kickers, Powell was the best punter in the nation last year and an elite prospect (for the position) imo and didn't get drafted while another guy went in the 3rd round.

Robcards 12-22-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 3219813)
Or just someone who wants to be an athlete? Its not his fault that College Football is the defacto minor leagues for the pros. Just because he didn't fake being a student athlete as much as others doesn't make him any less of a person.

The NFL is so random in their drafting of Punters and Kickers, Powell was the best punter in the nation last year and an elite prospect (for the position) imo and didn't get drafted while another guy went in the 3rd round.

I thought drew butler was better than anger too and he went undrafted as well. Maybe wing gets drafted just due to this class being weaker at the position?

bruschis4all 12-22-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219805)
Between this and the fact that he used LSU for athletics and not education, he sounds like a real douche bag.

That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Really??

Cigaro 12-22-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219805)
Between this and the fact that he used LSU for athletics and not education, he sounds like a real douche bag.

What Australian would go to LSU for academics? It should have been obvious from the moment he decided to go there what he was going there for. Plenty of athletes choose their school for that same exact reason. And luckily for him, the NFL could care less about how educated you are.

Caulibflower 12-22-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3219653)
Rumors are he has failed multiple drug tests and that is why he is declaring.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=237552: "Of Wing’s 59 punts in 2012, 19 have gone for 50 or more yards. Two of his most memorable moments, however, came in 2011, when he had a touchdown called back against Florida for taunting after scoring on a fake punt, and when he boomed a 73-yard punt at Alabama with his heels to the goalline."

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 3219743)
Todd Sauerbrun esque.

Pretty much.

Donno 12-22-2012 05:26 PM

This is the character concerned mate some are worried about ruining locker rooms.


wicket 12-22-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donno (Post 3219888)
This is the character concerned mate some are worried about ruining locker rooms.


he isnt a locker room issue, he is a keep himself out of trouble issue.

Cigaro 12-22-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donno (Post 3219888)
This is the character concerned mate some are worried about ruining locker rooms.


Thug life.

BuckeyeDan17 12-22-2012 06:39 PM

He could be a browns captain along with K Phil Dawson.

Scott Wright 12-22-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donno (Post 3219888)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3219898)
Thug life.


Awesome! :o)

ph90702 12-22-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 3219862)
That might be the funniest thing I've ever read on this board. Really??

What's so funny about it? (How about some +rep then?) He's probably one of those people who thinks his **** doesn't stink and looks down upon others.

TitanHope 12-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3219653)
Rumors are he has failed multiple drug tests and that is why he is declaring.

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=237552

Did he fail for weed, or PED's? We know Todd Sauerbrun took PED's, got busted, and then fell off the map despite moving to Denver to punt (although, his off the field stuff certainly had something to do with that too). I'd hate to use a 4th or 5th RD pick on the guy if that were the case.

bruschis4all 12-22-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219992)
What's so funny about it? (How about some +rep then?) He's probably one of those people who thinks his **** doesn't stink and looks down upon others.

Like LSU has never used an athlete for football reasons. They aren't known for producing scholar athletes. They use athletes much more than the other way around. Bringing some dumba** kid into your college knowing he has no chance in hell of graduating is much worse IMO. You reap the monetary rewards of having a great football program. Unless he's one of the few athletes who make it in the NFL what does he get out of it?

wicket 12-23-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219992)
What's so funny about it? (How about some +rep then?) He's probably one of those people who thinks his **** doesn't stink and looks down upon others.

unintentionally funny doesnt get rep, asking for rep gets neg rep and your point remains insane

ninerfan 12-23-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3219805)
Between this and the fact that he used LSU for athletics and not education, he sounds like a real douche bag.

He had previously played Aussie rules football at a jnr level before the move to the USA on a 1 year swap staying with family friends. He was scouted playing high school footy & stayed on for 2 years of college & now looks like going pro. Where's the problem with that? Seems the Aussie thing to do IMO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.