Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tebow to Jags? In 2013? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54987)

49erNation85 12-23-2012 12:16 AM

Tebow to Jags? In 2013?

Will it happen this n4xt. Tewbow is requesting a trade or release. Who will pick him up? ESPN reports. If he goes to Jacksonville , can he beat out Gabbert next offseason to win the starting job?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...d-with-jaguars

nepg 12-23-2012 12:21 AM

They've been saying this every year since his draft year.

TACKLE 12-23-2012 12:35 AM

I don't really understand how they can be so sure Jacksonville will acquire him in 2013 when their GM most likely won't have a job there in 2013.

yo123 12-23-2012 01:09 AM

Because I think Shad Kahn, the owner, is the one who wants him.

49erNation85 12-23-2012 09:54 AM

hes going ...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources

SuperPacker 12-23-2012 09:56 AM

hopefully the jaguars use him properly.

Rosebud 12-23-2012 10:02 AM

It's gunna be weird seeing the Jags in the playoff race.

Razor 12-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3220216)
hopefully the jaguars use him properly.

I don't think they need a new water boy...

SolidGold 12-23-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3220218)
I don't think they need a new water boy...

Cracks me up how much illegitimate hate Tebow gets. The guy obviously has talent to play at the NFL level. Blame ESPN, PFT and the media for the Tebow hype - don't hate on him. I still don't see how the Jets never lined him at RB - he would be better than Shonn Greene. Not sure ho now one sees him as Jerome Bettis/Brandon Jacobs type back. Tebow is 6'3 250 lbs and runs hard.

Throw him in the type of offense the Redskins or Panthers run - it would be interesting to see how effective he would be if he got to run the same type of offense he ran in college just like Newton and Griffin are being able to do. It's funny how people said Tebow would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and playing in a traditional offense yet Griffin and Newton get to have an offense tailored to what they ran in college.

G Mobile 12-23-2012 11:06 AM

But no one believes that Griffin or Newton will be running those offenses long term. They are temporary offenses that give help give them immediate success and make them comfortable while they slowly learn a more standard offense.

I also don't think that Tebow has enough explosion or suddenness to make it as a RB full time.

49erNation85 12-23-2012 11:56 AM

Solid,
I completely agree. That too many people hat on Tebow just because of his style of play. I too still hope he finds a new team next season ( Jacksonville 2013) and kicks some butt when he gets a chance to finally start again.

This year in NYJ was just a downfall of a season for because he never saw the field long enough to improve on his passing. And all this wild cat stuff needs to go so he can learn the pro style system and abilities to make the throws. He can make those throws. He just needs more time in the system. SO lets hope a new team will actually start him. The jets were just media hungry and used Tebow in the worst way IMO.

Monomach 12-23-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3220217)
It's gunna be weird seeing the Jags in the playoff race.

You must plan on playing a lot of Madden if you think you're going to see this.

SuperPacker 12-23-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 3220292)
You must plan on playing a lot of Madden if you think you're going to see this.

Tebow hater.

You'll learn one day.

49erNation85 12-23-2012 01:03 PM

It will be good for the Jags to be in the play offs. That team was so great when they first started.

Unbiased 12-23-2012 01:49 PM

I like how they say it will be an open competition between Gabbert, Henne, and Tebow yet we don't even have a GM. How could they know that?

49erNation85 12-23-2012 02:02 PM

The owner must be stepping in.

Unbiased 12-23-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3220555)
The owner must be stepping in.

And demanding that the new GM doesn't dare draft a QB?

This is a disaster. And we finally have receivers to build a passing game around. So instead of drafting a real QB to get the most out of them, we'll let them go to waste.

49erNation85 12-23-2012 02:09 PM

I mean you never Tebow could come in and do great.If he finally has good wide outs . I mean look at what he did in Denver with good wide outs. He put up some good numbers not great but good and got them in the play offs.

Unbiased 12-23-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3220567)
I mean you never Tebow could come in and do great.If he finally has good wide outs . I mean look at what he did in Denver with good wide outs. He put up some good numbers not great but good and got them in the play offs.

Wow........

ph90702 12-23-2012 02:19 PM

Jacksonville should be what they can to acquire him. He would make the team a lot of money.

Raiderz4Life 12-23-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3220567)

lmfao

y.f.s. 12-23-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3220247)
Cracks me up how much illegitimate hate Tebow gets. The guy obviously has talent to play at the NFL level. Blame ESPN, PFT and the media for the Tebow hype - don't hate on him. I still don't see how the Jets never lined him at RB - he would be better than Shonn Greene. Not sure ho now one sees him as Jerome Bettis/Brandon Jacobs type back. Tebow is 6'3 250 lbs and runs hard.

Throw him in the type of offense the Redskins or Panthers run - it would be interesting to see how effective he would be if he got to run the same type of offense he ran in college just like Newton and Griffin are being able to do. It's funny how people said Tebow would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and playing in a traditional offense yet Griffin and Newton get to have an offense tailored to what they ran in college.

The great fallacy here is that Tebow is a good read option QB. He's not. He mis-reads it all the time. Any success running he has is from QB Iso/Power/Draw action. He's a runningback.

Cigaro 12-23-2012 04:20 PM

I don't think anyone at this point would be bringing in Tebow to be a serious competitor for the starting quarterback job. That being said, Tebow does still have talent and value in the NFL if a team is willing to use it.

SolidGold 12-23-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.f.s. (Post 3220846)
The great fallacy here is that Tebow is a good read option QB. He's not. He mis-reads it all the time. Any success running he has is from QB Iso/Power/Draw action. He's a runningback.

Sorry I don't buy that. Tebow was one of the best college QBs running that offense. I just don't see how Griffin and Newton were not scrutinized like Tebow was. When Tebow was coming out three years ago people were saying that the spread option attack was not a viable offense yet over the past couple years more and more teams are implementing these concepts into their schemes. I am not talking about that dumbed down offense the Broncos ran last year because they lacked any type of ingenuity or innovation on how to build the offense around Tebow and instead set him up for failure week after week.

I do agree 100% he could be a running back but all the "experts" have been saying that he needs to be an H-Back, TE or Fullback - the reasoning for that is obvious yet no one wants to come out and say it.

scottyboy 12-23-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3220939)
Sorry I don't buy that. Tebow was one of the best college QBs running that offense. I just don't see how Griffin and Newton were not scrutinized like Tebow was. When Tebow was coming out three years ago people were saying that the spread option attack was not a viable offense yet over the past couple years more and more teams are implementing these concepts into their schemes. I am not talking about that dumbed down offense the Broncos ran last year because they lacked any type of ingenuity or innovation on how to build the offense around Tebow and instead set him up for failure week after week.

I do agree 100% he could be a running back but all the "experts" have been saying that he needs to be an H-Back, TE or Fullback - the reasoning for that is obvious yet no one wants to come out and say it.

Don't buy that? Tebow can never ever be a starting QB in the NFL. He can be put in there somewhere, 3rd down back could be a nice attempt, but an team that brings him in to play QB will fail and bring about any unnecessary QB controversy