Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Richard Sherman avoids suspension (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55020)

broncosfan 12-27-2012 11:41 AM

Richard Sherman avoids suspension
 
Adam Schefter
As Seahawks CB Richard Sherman tweeted, he has won his appeal and avoided a four-game suspension. Huge news for Seattle.

cmarq83 12-27-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3223355)
Adam Schefter
As Seahawks CB Richard Sherman tweeted, he has won his appeal and avoided a four-game suspension. Huge news for Seattle.

Uggghh so the tool gets off huh? Sherman may just take over the top spot as my most hated player with Jermichael Finley becoming less and less relevant daily. I guess the best I can hope for is a Merriman-esque fall from grace.

broncosfan 12-27-2012 11:48 AM

What was he accused of?

Brodeur 12-27-2012 11:52 AM


bucfan12 12-27-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3223361)
What was he accused of?

Adderal. Wonder how he beat Goodell.

Razor 12-27-2012 11:56 AM

This is ********. How many players had to sit out four games because og Adderall already? He took it without a perscription so of course he has to sit out four games. This is ridiculous. I really don't like The Sherminator. He's a good player, but **** me he's stupid as ****.

bucfan12 12-27-2012 11:58 AM

Apparently the was contaminated evidence and lid was never sealed. Shame I the nfl for not throwing it out and re-administrating another urine same. Doesn't prove innocence just bad mishandling o ther part.

cmarq83 12-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3223370)
This is ********. How many players had to sit out four games because og Adderall already? He took it without a perscription so of course he has to sit out four games. This is ridiculous. I really don't like The Sherminator. He's a good player, but **** me he's stupid as ****.

BB is hardly an ethical coach, but I do like how he handles these types of situations. He has his players shut up or apologize, and has them serve their suspension immediately. I can't stand players like Sherman, Kevin Williams, and Pat Williams who look for every technicality they can to avoid missing games. It ends up being a distraction for their teams, and it lingers on and provides uncertainty.

You broke the rules, man up and take the suspension that you deserve.

vidae 12-27-2012 12:23 PM

Huh. I guess cheaters DO prosper. Interesting.

XxXdragonXxX 12-27-2012 12:37 PM

Hahahahaha. This is awesome, and hilarious because it makes everyone so mad.

Grizzlegom 12-27-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX (Post 3223414)
Hahahahaha. This is awesome, and hilarious because it makes everyone so mad.

Of course people are mad, he cheated and got out of it! I honestly have nothing against Sherman but I don't think cheaters should go unpunished. I mean, look at his tweet:

@RSherman_25
I want to send a special Thank you to my lawyers Maurice Suh and Heather McPhee couldn't have done it without them

I'm sorry but that comes off in a very bad way to me.

D-Unit 12-27-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3223365)

I love Pete Carroll.

SuperPacker 12-27-2012 12:47 PM

This is massive for the Seahawks and everyone else that has to play them in the playoffs.

Grizzlegom 12-27-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3223427)
I love Pete Carroll.

@PeteCarroll
Congrats to Richard Sherman for winning his appeal! Happy for him & it'll be great to have him with us as we move forward

I get why Carroll is congratulating him but I've seen a bunch of writers doing it too. Not sure congratulations are in order here...

descendency 12-27-2012 12:49 PM

With how fickle testing is, I understand how he could win an appeal like this.

Grizzlegom 12-27-2012 12:53 PM

Yea, I'm not surprised he won the appeal, apparently the top to the container was broken or something like that so since it wasn't sealed, he coulda been framed but its hard to believe he isn't guilty. That's my biggest problem, he gets off on a technicality but he still cheated and instead of denying it, he's basically thumbing his nose to everyone and essentially being like HAHA I DID IT BUT I DIDN'T GET SUSPENDED :tongue:

descendency 12-27-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 3223433)
Yea, I'm not surprised he won the appeal, apparently the top to the container was broken or something like that so since it wasn't sealed, he coulda been framed but its hard to believe he isn't guilty. That's my biggest problem, he gets off on a technicality but he still cheated and instead of denying it, he's basically thumbing his nose to everyone and essentially being like HAHA I DID IT BUT I DIDN'T GET SUSPENDED :tongue:

They should just retest him Sunday. (and then every Sunday following)

Babylon 12-27-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 3223422)
Of course people are mad, he cheated and got out of it! I honestly have nothing against Sherman but I don't think cheaters should go unpunished. I mean, look at his tweet:

@RSherman_25
I want to send a special Thank you to my lawyers Maurice Suh and Heather McPhee couldn't have done it without them

I'm sorry but that comes off in a very bad way to me.

And i was under the impression he had Shapiro and Cochran for lawyers.

PackerLegend 12-27-2012 03:07 PM

If the test was indeed broken or whatever why not just test him again right now? Or he probably has a way around that.

Babylon 12-27-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 3223496)
If the test was indeed broken or whatever why not just test him again right now? Or he probably has a way around that.

If he has any brains at all he's been clean for awhile.

vidae 12-27-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3223500)
If he has any brains at all he's been clean for awhile.

So they should test him again right now.

RCAChainGang 12-27-2012 04:12 PM

Why is everyone taking adderol? That isn't a fun drug at all from what I hear.

yo123 12-27-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 3223422)
Of course people are mad, he cheated and got out of it! I honestly have nothing against Sherman but I don't think cheaters should go unpunished. I mean, look at his tweet:

@RSherman_25
I want to send a special Thank you to my lawyers Maurice Suh and Heather McPhee couldn't have done it without them

I'm sorry but that comes off in a very bad way to me.


It comes off in a bad way that he used his right to an attorney?

TACKLE 12-27-2012 04:15 PM

Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. The appeal process is there for a reason.

SickwithIt1010 12-27-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 3223536)
Why is everyone taking adderol? That isn't a fun drug at all from what I hear.

Not to brag, and looking back at it now I dont know what to think about it but a ton of my teammates and myself took them before our baseball games last year. Its used for people with ADHD to focus and increase concentration. It's just like cracked out energy drink to be honest, basically speed if you take it recreationally...they are addicting too, don't ask me why. I don't take them anymore but most of the guys who I played with who aren't on the team anymore are still hooked on them.

With that being said they are not hard to get a prescription for, so if it is something that he enjoys to take he could very well get the prescription for it tomorrow and be fine. I don't think they should be considered PED's but whatever.

Also this is the NFL's own fault. It happened with Braun in the MLB and now its happening to them. If they **** it up, you have to let him walk.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.