Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Calvin Johnson vs. Adrian Peterson (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55041)

bucfan12 12-29-2012 11:48 AM

Calvin Johnson vs. Adrian Peterson

Here is a pretty good debate to have. These guys, atheltically, seem to be built like machines. Unstoppable players.

Who would you rather have.

Debate.

JRTPlaya21 12-29-2012 11:55 AM

Calvin. He has a much longer shelf life and Peterson has already had one major injury in his career even though he has come back even stronger.

Halsey 12-29-2012 11:55 AM

For one season, Peterson. It's harder to find a RB that could give me something similar to AD than it is to find a WR that could give me something close to Megatron. However, for the long term I'd take CJ because I think he will play longer.

bucfan12 12-29-2012 11:58 AM

I'm going with Peterson. This guy put the team on his back to put them in a playoff hunt.

SuperPacker 12-29-2012 11:58 AM

It would depend on what QB I had. If I had an elite QB, i'd go with Megatron, but anyone else and i'd go with Peterson.

If we're talking long term from now on, then it's obviously Calvin Johnson.

Raiderz4Life 12-29-2012 12:00 PM

Megatron, all day every day and twice on Sunday.

cmarq83 12-29-2012 12:02 PM

Megatron fairly easily. You could find a handful of complimentary pieces pretty easily and have a downright explosive offense.

descendency 12-29-2012 12:02 PM

Calvin, literally 100 out of 100 times.

FUNBUNCHER 12-29-2012 12:03 PM

Coin flip, although although Megatron will probably have the longer career.

SuperPacker 12-29-2012 12:16 PM

Interesting that the Lions are 16th in points scored and the Vikings are 17th.

bigbuc 12-29-2012 12:20 PM

I'll take AD. Guys showing us he can put a team on his back. CJ hasn't yet.

stlouisfan37 12-29-2012 12:33 PM

Apples to oranges. Would you rather have JJ Watt or Patrick Willis?

TitanHope 12-29-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3224595)
Apples to oranges. Would you rather have JJ Watt or Patrick Willis?

"I'd rather have JJ Watt." - Everyone, except Ness

Brodeur 12-29-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3224563)
It would depend on what QB I had. If I had an elite QB, i'd go with Megatron, but anyone else and i'd go with Peterson.

If we're talking long term from now on, then it's obviously Calvin Johnson.

Calvin is doing just fine with a mediocre QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3224618)

I was wondering if that was a serious question.

stlouisfan37 12-29-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3224619)
Calvin is doing just fine with a mediocre QB.

I was wondering if that was a serious question.

I was just trying to illustrate how this thread really comes down to personal preference; what kind of football do you like to watch? A great running game or a great passing game?

Brodeur 12-29-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3224628)
I was just trying to illustrate how this thread really comes down to personal preference; what kind of football do you like to watch? A great running game or a great passing game?

There's no personal preference in Watt vs Willis, it's Watt every single time. You take a guy who is having the best season for a lineman in eons over an inside linebacker, every single time. Anyone who says otherwise is ******* insane and wrong.

stlouisfan37 12-29-2012 01:15 PM

I don't know...personally, I think Willis is the best defensive player in the league, year in, year out. He is the key to them rarely being run on effectively and the QB of their defense. I would rather have him than any other defensive player in the league on my team. I am totally confident that Willis will have a long career that continues the way it has started. But this confirms my whole point...it all depends on how one looks at the game.

Brodeur 12-29-2012 01:17 PM

Babylon 12-29-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3224618)

Getting off topic here but I'd take watt over any defensive player maybe with the exception of Von Miller,maybe. Watching Willis a lot here in the NFC west I question whether he's as good as Navaro Bowman.

DeepThreat 12-29-2012 01:24 PM

Megatron, easily. Not even a question.

jsagan77 12-29-2012 01:30 PM

Megatron. You can find top level RB play anywhere is the draft but elite WR's are a different breed. And this is a passing league, so....

Raiderz4Life 12-29-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3224643)
Getting off topic here but I'd take watt over any defensive player maybe with the exception of Von Miller,maybe. Watching Willis a lot here in the NFC west I question whether he's as good as Navaro Bowman.

I would have Watt and Ngata at 2nd tbh. But Megatron over AD and Watt over Willis easily.

jsagan77 12-29-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3224629)
There's no personal preference in Watt vs Willis, it's Watt every single time. You take a guy who is having the best season for a lineman in eons over an inside linebacker, every single time. Anyone who says otherwise is ******* insane and wrong.

Agreed plus ur seeing what happens when a guy like Watt (Smith in SF) goes down what impact that has on a defense.

TitanHope 12-29-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3224633)
I don't know...personally, I think Willis is the best defensive player in the league, year in, year out. He is the key to them rarely being run on effectively and the QB of their defense. I would rather have him than any other defensive player in the league on my team. I am totally confident that Willis will have a long career that continues the way it has started. But this confirms my whole point...it all depends on how one looks at the game.

Even if Willis is the best defensive player, a slightly lesser player at a more impactful position would be the wiser choice. It's nice to say that the best player at x position is on my favorite team, but when there's an option of having a lesser talented player at a position that is more conducive to team success, it no longer becomes compelling.

You make a good point, but poorly illustrate it because of how important DE is compared to MLB. You were comparing talent when the two positions are far apart, so people quirked their eyebrows. But when it comes to RB and WR, two positions that aren't really vital towards winning, then choosing your preference between two great players is more how you're saying with apples and oranges.

I think I'd go Megatron, and mostly because it seems the Vikings fans here are kind of persistent in reminding people how good AD is in the gameday threads. But then again, I also contend that the dozen or so active Vikings fans here are all the same person.

jsagan77 12-29-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3224633)

I think if I were ranking defensive players it would be hard to put Willis in my top 5. ILB's just don't seem to be as valuable as other positions.

1. Watt
2. Justin Smith
2b. Revis
4. Nata
5. Miller

Then you can make a case for other guys like Wilfork, Hayden, Ware etc having more value just because ILB is easier to find (as is RB compared to reciever).