Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   "DC" Scouting Reports (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55079)

Scott Wright 01-01-2013 09:13 AM

Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St.
 
***

Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ke-Glennon.php

***


Please feel free to join the discussion on this prospect!

ncst8fan83 01-01-2013 09:56 AM

Could not agree more with your assessment. I do think supporting cast, especially OL woes, hurt his ability to really excel. You also can't forget how dreadful we were running the ball. He essentially took the snap and the defense didn't have to worry about us doing much of anything on the ground. That should account for the ridiculous amount of pressure he faced.

He relies on his arm waaaaaaay too much though. Half of his int's could have been avoided by not trying to throw into double and triple coverage.

Warriorz319 01-01-2013 11:34 AM

Your assessment of Glennon is pretty good, Id be worried about drafting him to high though he has a lot of Derek Anderson in him and will need time to break some of his bad habits but as a #2 developmental QB got to love his arm and upside. Somebody like the Saints should really give a hard look at in the 3rd or 4th round as a potential replacement for Brees in a few years.

Scott Wright 01-01-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warriorz319 (Post 3229096)
Your assessment of Glennon is pretty good, Id be worried about drafting him to high though he has a lot of Derek Anderson in him and will need time to break some of his bad habits but as a #2 developmental QB got to love his arm and upside. Somebody like the Saints should really give a hard look at in the 3rd or 4th round as a potential replacement for Brees in a few years.

Funny you mention Derek Anderson because I almost went that direction with the comparison.

In fact, I may still change it.

bored of education 01-01-2013 12:36 PM

He has some tools that someone will like, top 50 pick. I would not draft him though.

Hurricanes25 01-01-2013 02:12 PM

Glennon is going to be one of the more talked about prospects in the coming months. Some people love him and think he's a top 10 pick while some think he's a mid rounder.

I've seen a lot of him and I agree, your assessment of him is spot on.

DeadEagle 01-01-2013 09:48 PM

His college career reminded me of Jay Cutler's at Vandy. Strong talent, with little around him. That makes it hard to project him, but he certainly has the raw ability and with the right coach....

descendency 01-01-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Looks like a first round pick one moment then a late rounder the next and consistency will be absolutely vital to maximizing vast potential
Agree with that statement 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at the Senior Bowl.

Quite frankly, I think he could be a very good development project if he falls too far, if you have a good QB Development program (ie not the Jets)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warriorz319 (Post 3229096)
Your assessment of Glennon is pretty good, Id be worried about drafting him to high though he has a lot of Derek Anderson in him and will need time to break some of his bad habits but as a #2 developmental QB got to love his arm and upside. Somebody like the Saints should really give a hard look at in the 3rd or 4th round as a potential replacement for Brees in a few years.

I really doubt he is available in the middle rounds. Maybe he should be, but I really doubt he's available at even pick 65.

Scott Pioli was in Raleigh evaluating film on someone (presumably either Amerson or Glennon) and doing some local radio shows. While teams will do their reviews for everyone, a GM is rarely doing film studio on a guy that they don't see as a high value target (his time is too valuable).

Take that however you like it.

Warriorz319 01-02-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3229989)
I really doubt he is available in the middle rounds. Maybe he should be, but I really doubt he's available at even pick 65.

I'm not saying he will be I'm saying that is where I would be comfortable taking him. Every year QB's get overdrafted and this year will be no exception and I wouldn't be completely surprised if he slipped into the 1st round since there are no game changing QB's in the draft yet, barring Murray does not declare. Tyler Bray, Glennon and EJ Manuel might all get selected in the 1st round based off pure ability and upside. I just would not be comfortable drafting one that high, id rather trade for Kirk Cousins he would be better value. That's all I'm saying.

Scott Wright 01-02-2013 10:50 AM

I know the Bills are doing their homework on Glennon too.

Brent 01-02-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3230228)
I know the Bills are doing their homework on Glennon too.

That would be a nice landing spot, assuming they can fix whatever plagues that franchise.

FUNBUNCHER 01-02-2013 07:23 PM

There's little chance a QB with Glennon's tools and squeaky clean resume off the field slips out of the first.

He'll be overdrafted like most of the top rated QBs are. However I think Glennon is way better than Nick Foles. I bet Andy Reid thinks the same thing too and why I think he takes the KC job and drafts Glennon.

BeerBaron 01-02-2013 11:38 PM

This year's Brock Osweiler-type of prospect. I bet he sneaks into the late first when all is said and done, likely to a team who picked earlier and then traded back up into the first to get him.

vidae 01-03-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3230706)
There's little chance a QB with Glennon's tools and squeaky clean resume off the field slips out of the first.

He'll be overdrafted like most of the top rated QBs are. However I think Glennon is way better than Nick Foles. I bet Andy Reid thinks the same thing too and why I think he takes the KC job and drafts Glennon.

Geno Smith looks more like the kind of QB Andy Reid likes. If he takes the KC job I think you can pencil Geno in at #1 already.

TACKLE 01-03-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3231088)
Geno Smith looks more like the kind of QB Andy Reid likes.




DeepThreat 01-03-2013 01:56 AM

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 01-03-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3229989)
Agree with that statement 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at the Senior Bowl.

Quite frankly, I think he could be a very good development project if he falls too far, if you have a good QB Development program (ie not the Jets)



I really doubt he is available in the middle rounds. Maybe he should be, but I really doubt he's available at even pick 65.

Scott Pioli was in Raleigh evaluating film on someone (presumably either Amerson or Glennon) and doing some local radio shows. While teams will do their reviews for everyone, a GM is rarely doing film studio on a guy that they don't see as a high value target (his time is too valuable).

Take that however you like it.

Who was the last developmental QB to pan out?

asdf1223 01-04-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3231900)
Who was the last developmental QB to pan out?

Aaron Rodgers? Not the greatest example but much different as a prospect than what he is now.

Kapernick is a pretty good example if he continues to develop.

Abaddon 01-04-2013 06:56 AM

Weaknesses:
• Doesn't handle pressure well at all and lacks poise


/thread

Scott Wright 01-04-2013 09:48 AM

Saw on Twitter that Mel Kiper, Jr. was on "Mike and Mike" and said that Glennon will be the first quarterback selected. If true the hype train that I've been predicting is going full-steam.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 01-04-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1223 (Post 3232177)
Aaron Rodgers? Not the greatest example but much different as a prospect than what he is now.

Kapernick is a pretty good example if he continues to develop.

Rodgers was a luxury pick but I read an article about his development so that is somewhat true. Kaepernick is a good a call though, so that is one.

vidae 01-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3232253)
Saw on Twitter that Mel Kiper, Jr. was on "Mike and Mike" and said that Glennon will be the first quarterback selected. If true the hype train that I've been predicting is going full-steam.

I just don't see it. Glennon looks awful more often than not. Besides his height and sort of strong arm, what am I missing? What is there to like?

Caddy 01-06-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 3231131)



You forgot this beefcake.


Scott Wright 01-06-2013 09:27 AM

In addition to the prototypical physical tools for a pocket passer, I think the narrative you will begin to hear in the coming months is that the reason Glennon struggled is because he didn't have a great supporting cast. Teams must find a way to justify moving him so far up the board.

ncst8fan83 01-06-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3234541)
In addition to the prototypical physical tools for a pocket passer, I think the narrative you will begin to hear in the coming months is that the reason Glennon struggled is because he didn't have a great supporting cast. Teams must find a way to justify moving him so far up the board.

I think it is a very fair narrative as well. Even so, he still put up back to back 30td seasons. We were 111th in the nation in rushing yards per game. Tyler Wilson could probably have the same argument, but at least he has Knile Davis, who is a proven RB that had a horrible year. Hamilton had about 500 yards more than our leading receiver. Payton, Palmer, and Underwood are good, but I'm not sure they're NFL good.

Speaking of Tobais Palmer, what are your thoughts on his NFL prospects, Scott? He had a better Senior year than TJ Graham had last year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.