Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Giants Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New York Yankees (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5510)

Jughead10 04-02-2007 08:09 AM

New York Yankees

Discuss the New York Yankees. The Giants are now officially associated with the Yankees, the way it should be. The Mets can be associated with that other team who rents out Giants stadium.

Jay 04-02-2007 08:32 AM

The Yankees lineup is as scary as ever, but I'd be really worried about the pitching.

Looking forward to another great year in our awesome rivalry. Being involved in Sox/Yankees is unlike anything else in sports. \m/

Jughead10 04-02-2007 08:49 AM

We do have someone who has been to an All Star game in the lineup 1-8. And we could have someone who has hit 20 HRs in 120 games coming back to that form in the 9th spot with Phelps. I honestly think this is the best Yankees team in the last 5 years. I can't stress how much better Abreu fits in this team than Sheffield. Not even because of Sheff's attitude. More because Abreu is a perfect 3 hitter with his OPB. The Yankees of the late 90's would walk their way to the championship.

As for the pitching, if they are healthy, the staff is better than last year. Thats all I can ask. The bullpen is as well. And on top of that there are plenty of guys in AAA who could come in an contribute in the bullpen as well as starting staff. Mostly because of some smart trades made by Cashman these last two years.

GiantRutgersFan 04-02-2007 09:13 AM

Yea, I think the Yanks have a great shot if we can stay healthy.

OSUGiants17 04-02-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan (Post 267971)
Yea, I think the Yanks have a great shot if we can stay healthy.

I aggree but we have a great farm system(Hughes,Karstins, Rasner, Sanchez, Tabata, Melkey i know he isn't in the farm system but he will play for injured OF & the same goes for Philips) so if the injuries aren't all bunched up we will do fine.
________
I INHALE VAPORIZER REVIEWS

Jay 04-02-2007 10:00 AM

Hughes is going to be a good one. It's too bad he grew up a Red Sox fan...

LTgiants 04-02-2007 10:13 AM

mets rule screw u jughead

Jughead10 04-02-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 268017)
Hughes is going to be a good one. It's too bad he grew up a Red Sox fan...

Why is that again. Cause his father grew up in Mass? I know he was born in Georgia and raised in Cali so it is peculiar he grew up a Sox fan.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTgiants (Post 268030)
mets rule screw u jughead

Since when do they rule. Certainly not since you were born.

Damix 04-02-2007 11:36 AM

Skipping classes today for opening day =D

Jughead10 04-02-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damix (Post 268116)
Skipping classes today for opening day =D

I'm taking lunch an hour later. So I can go to the bar down the street and at least catch the first hour. The rest I'll have to follow on ESPN's updating thing.

Damix 04-02-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 268119)
I'm taking lunch an hour later. So I can go to the bar down the street and at least catch the first hour. The rest I'll have to follow on ESPN's updating thing.

Ahh, it actually worked out, I had nothing to do today in class

ny10804 04-02-2007 11:43 AM

My Easter break has already started, so, yay for me.

I've got a bad feeling about Pavano today.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny10804 (Post 268129)
My Easter break has already started, so, yay for me.

I've got a bad feeling about Pavano today.

I'm not so much worried about him as I am Kazmir. The one thing about our lineup that isn't so hot is there are too many lefties.

ny10804 04-02-2007 11:50 AM

Yea, every time Kazmir pitches against us he has a good game, pretty much. Was it Mussina who he had that awesome duel with last year? IIRC we ended up losing.

As long was we can get him out of the game by the 6th inning, we'll be good. That's why I love Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Jeter -- they take so many pitchers per at bat = early exit for the SP.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny10804 (Post 268140)
As long was we can get him out of the game by the 6th inning, we'll be good. That's why I love Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Jeter -- they take so many pitchers per at bat = early exit for the SP.

Melky does the same as well, when he gets to play. Abreu sees the most pitches in the majors I think. And he is a walking machine. This team is built more like the Yankees of the late 90's. Batters will see a lot of pitches and take the walk. Then the Yanks can beat on the bullpens. Anyway, Im out. I gotta leave now to make sure I get a spot at the bar for the game.

Jay 04-02-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 268054)
Why is that again. Cause his father grew up in Mass? I know he was born in Georgia and raised in Cali so it is peculiar he grew up a Sox fan.

No idea, just going off the stories I've read.

Didn't take long for ARod to get booed.

Forenci 04-02-2007 01:05 PM

Is there any chance this thread can be moved elsewhere? I mean, after all, not all Giants fans are inherently Yankees fans, nor are all Yankees fans inherently Giants fans.

Not to mention this is the Giants Team Forum, and I'm not quite sure why baseball would be thrown into the fray with football.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining and complaining about this, just seems like it'd be better suited in perhaps a whole new thread like, "Other Sports" or something.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 01:17 PM

Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 01:30 PM

Classic Yankees today. Making Kazmir work.

Forenci 04-02-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 268264)
Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.

Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forenci (Post 268341)
Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.

Well this seems to the course the site was taking. Brewers thread in Green Bay forum, Sox in Patriots forum, etc. It is better than having them in the off topic section.

Forenci 04-02-2007 01:47 PM

Aye, I agree with that, and I guess with out a whole new "Other Sports" area, it somewhat narrows it down to this or the Off-Topic section.

However, the Mets forum should be allowed even though I'm not really a Mets fan. I would much rather jump off the Brooklyn Bridge than go into the Jets forums to say anything about the mets as a Giants fan.

MaxV 04-02-2007 01:49 PM

The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.

Jughead10 04-02-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxV (Post 268363)
The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.

I agree. I wouldn't mind that. It's annoying to have one giant NHL discussion with many topics being discussed randomly within.