Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   "DC" Scouting Reports (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55107)

Scott Wright 01-03-2013 02:01 PM

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ion-Jordan.php

Please feel free to join the discussion on this prospect!

Matthew Jones 01-03-2013 02:05 PM

I actually see Jordan's best fit coming as a 4-3 SLB a la Kiwanuka. Not stout enough against the run for a 4-3 DE or 3-4 "elephant" role, not a dynamic enough rusher for the 3-4 rush spot. Asking him to gain 20 pounds may negate the athleticism which makes him an intriguing prospect.

Scott Wright 01-03-2013 02:15 PM

I initially went with Mathias Kiwanuka as the comparison but switched to Manny Lawson.

Also considered Michael Johnson.

As far as the position goes, I am very interested to see how they use him at the Senior Bowl.

I tend to lean towards his best fit coming standing up in an odd front.

Matthew Jones 01-03-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3231518)
I initially went with Mathias Kiwanuka as the comparison but switched to Manny Lawson.

Also considered Michael Johnson.

As far as the position goes, I am very interested to see how they use him at the Senior Bowl.

I tend to lean towards his best fit coming standing up in an odd front.

I actually think of Barkevious Mingo as somewhat similar to Lawson. I think he may end up at 4-3 OLB. Not a great rusher, but incredibly athletic.

Warriorz319 01-03-2013 03:56 PM

I'm not really a fan of these Big, fast, athletic freaks that lack strength as they tend not to be able to get off blocks but Jordan sheds blockers well enough that he can succeed in a 34 defense or as a pure pass rusher in a 43 like Michael Johnson if he can add 15lbs without losing any of his burst. I can see the Manny Lawson comparison but I think he offers more as a pass rusher.

jrdrylie 01-03-2013 07:51 PM

Siphoning gas with a vacuum cleaner? Was he doing it illegally?

badgerbacker 01-04-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3231856)

Made me think of this:

Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

brasho 01-04-2013 12:22 PM

Did he get hurt last night? I didn't see him halfway through the 2nd quarter and on. If he's hurt, it puts serious doubt into him attending the Senior Bowl.

AJP19 01-04-2013 06:40 PM

I found a link that said he re-injured his shoulder, but I am unable to post it. Shame as I watched the game specifically to see him play.
His versatility intrigues me.

Brown Leader 01-04-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3231504)
I actually see Jordan's best fit coming as a 4-3 SLB a la Kiwanuka. Not stout enough against the run for a 4-3 DE or 3-4 "elephant" role, not a dynamic enough rusher for the 3-4 rush spot. Asking him to gain 20 pounds may negate the athleticism which makes him an intriguing prospect.

Not dynamic enough? how so? He's got elite first step quickness and bend for a 6'7 guy.

DBNYDP 01-05-2013 02:19 AM

I like how when he's asked to cover slot receivers for Oregon he does a good job of turning his hips, showing good anticipation, and in general showing good lateral agility/short area burst. Definitely look forward to seeing someone using him at the next level to key in on these freak tight ends and play man coverage on them.

RCAChainGang 01-05-2013 09:23 AM

My favorite player of this draft.

villagewarrior 01-07-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

This. I'm hoping it was some weird shop experiment gone horribly wrong.

nobodyinparticular 01-07-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...dion_jord.html

Quote:

A group of teenagers were gathered in a suburban Phoenix garage with two cars. One had gas. One needed gas. They hit on the idea of using a vacuum cleaner to siphon.

Rosebud 01-09-2013 05:03 PM

Did someone in this thread seriously say that SAM was kiwi's best position? His best season by far was at DE, and all of us giants fans are praying we bulk kiwi up to play DE full time after letting Tuck and Osi leave.

Brown Leader 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

Jordan's having surgery for a torn labrum. Would've been nice to hear Will Carroll's thoughts on how this will affect his stock. Didn't seem to limit Jared Allen this season too much but he's not a rookie trying to get his first contract.

killxswitch 01-10-2013 02:22 PM

How much more polished of a stand-up pass rusher was DeMarcus Ware coming out of Troy? I don't seem to remember Ware being asked to play in space as much in college as Jordan has been.

K Train 02-01-2013 08:54 AM

i like jordan a lot, hed break the mold of these short, stocky, powerful OLBs the steelers seem to like and give him a long, rangy one to bend around the corner.

also, i feel like siphoning gas with a vacuum would catch on fire every single time lol

mightytitan9 02-04-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3240427)
How much more polished of a stand-up pass rusher was DeMarcus Ware coming out of Troy? I don't seem to remember Ware being asked to play in space as much in college as Jordan has been.

As a stand-up pass rusher? I'd say he's more polished than DeMarcus Ware. As an overall pass rusher? Not even close to DeMarcus Ware

FUNBUNCHER 02-08-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3265561)
As a stand-up pass rusher? I'd say he's more polished than DeMarcus Ware. As an overall pass rusher? Not even close to DeMarcus Ware

Demarcus Ware was so much more powerful than Jordan when he cam out of Troy.

Ware could bench well over 400# and could back squat 550-570#.

We'll know more about Jordan after the combine, but I suspect he's more athletic than he is strong or particularly explosive.

Flyboy 02-09-2013 12:13 AM

The only player I want the Saints to take if Mingo or Star is off the board. One of my favorite prospects in the draft.

wicket 02-09-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 3269951)
The only player I want the Saints to take if Mingo or Star is off the board. One of my favorite prospects in the draft.

we disagree on this one so much. THE most overrated prospect in this draft if you ask me

Flyboy 02-09-2013 04:59 PM

I guess we'll end up seeing.

TimD 02-13-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3270065)
we disagree on this one so much. THE most overrated prospect in this draft if you ask me

I agree. I'm not saying he won't be a solid NFL player, but I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick. So of course, the Jets will take him at 9.

Don Vito 02-13-2013 09:08 AM

He has an intriguing physical skillset, I could see the Jets liking him. He is kind of in that Bryan Thomas mold, I know he was drafted way before Rex or anyone were there but they like long athletic type of players on the outside.