Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55116)

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 05:47 AM

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One

Second round done but awaiting some editing too. Some shock picks and reaches but hopefully some of the positional needs are pretty good. Have a look and complain away!

http://v2journal.com/2013-mock-draft-round-1.html

Minijosh 01-04-2013 11:01 AM

Well done, I enjoyed reading it. Most picks were different from what we have been seeing in most mocks, which was refreshing. There were a few picks that I disagreed with the team/player fit, but that's typical. I also was surprised by the amount of WR's you had in the 1st rd. I look forward to rd 2!

thebow305 01-04-2013 11:44 AM

Allen works for me!

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minijosh (Post 3232319)
Well done, I enjoyed reading it. Most picks were different from what we have been seeing in most mocks, which was refreshing. There were a few picks that I disagreed with the team/player fit, but that's typical. I also was surprised by the amount of WR's you had in the 1st rd. I look forward to rd 2!

thanks! I did go pretty top heavy on receivers and cornerbacks now that I think about it. I'll try to get round 2 up asap but its not my site so have to wait until someone else publishes it

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3232384)
Allen works for me!

Glad you think so, I think an up and coming team like the Phins should see this as a better option than adding a big name wr in free agency.

YotoJets007 01-04-2013 12:41 PM

thank you for listening me. lol. Anyways, Mike Glennon going to Jets is unpopular. Alone first round pick itself is probably a bad pick but Jets will need a good entire draft to weigh in the balance.

Lil Quip 01-04-2013 12:41 PM

Like Ansah to the Pats. Having a three man rotation of Jones Ansah and Nink will be awesome for years. Or push Nink to OLB.

If he declares, I could see Hopkins where you have them mocked.

I don't think Te'o will fall that far ever. MLB is a devalued position, so they fall. Yet in the middle of the draft, they become BPA to such a large extent that someone will pull the trigger. With more high end talent, Keuchly went nine.

zachsaints52 01-04-2013 12:45 PM

I love the Dion pick.

shylo3716 01-04-2013 12:48 PM

You might as well gave us Jonathan Banks at #4 to Philly.

coordinator0 01-04-2013 12:57 PM

Bad for Baltimore. Jones isn't worth a first round pick and they just took Gradkowski to take over for Birk.

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coordinator0 (Post 3232484)
Bad for Baltimore. Jones isn't worth a first round pick and they just took Gradkowski to take over for Birk.

I'd feel very confident that Jones will be a first rounder. I said in my description of the pick that he can play across the entire line and that is value at its best. Really don't see a leader of a championship team who is that versatile and smart falling out of the first.

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Quip (Post 3232462)
Like Ansah to the Pats. Having a three man rotation of Jones Ansah and Nink will be awesome for years. Or push Nink to OLB.

If he declares, I could see Hopkins where you have them mocked.

I don't think Te'o will fall that far ever. MLB is a devalued position, so they fall. Yet in the middle of the draft, they become BPA to such a large extent that someone will pull the trigger. With more high end talent, Keuchly went nine.

I sort of agree but just feel that Te'o is so hyped its unreal. He lacks the speed to be a truly elite guy in the NFL. I see guys like Wagner, Bowman and Washington taken on day 2 in recent years and feel there is better value later

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YotoJets007 (Post 3232460)
thank you for listening me. lol. Anyways, Mike Glennon going to Jets is unpopular. Alone first round pick itself is probably a bad pick but Jets will need a good entire draft to weigh in the balance.

I like Glennon, not quite as much as Kiper haha but he is the best pure passer in the draft

killxswitch 01-04-2013 01:20 PM

I'm surprised to see so many CBs and WRs where they are, surprised to see pass rushers last as long as they did, and surprised to see two interior linemen go in the first and NEITHER are named Chance Warmack.

I don't hate the Rhodes pick for the Colts. Rhodes and Vontae Davis playing together would be fun to watch. But I think they would take a pass rusher (Ansah, Montgomery, or Okafor) or Warmack before they went CB.

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-04-2013 01:35 PM

Mathews isn't declaring. And there is no chance ever the Bears pass on Te'o.

Cigaro 01-04-2013 01:47 PM

Good pick for the Panthers, but...

I doubt Star falls that far. He's viewed as one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

Barkley in the top ten, second quarterback taken? I know its a weak class, but I have a hard time believing that will happen. There are already the physical concerns, but when you add the bad senior year, it simply doesn't add up into top ten overall.

Chance Warmack not in the first at all, but Cooper and Jones are? Can't see this ever happening.

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3232511)
I'm surprised to see so many CBs and WRs where they are, surprised to see pass rushers last as long as they did, and surprised to see two interior linemen go in the first and NEITHER are named Chance Warmack.

I don't hate the Rhodes pick for the Colts. Rhodes and Vontae Davis playing together would be fun to watch. But I think they would take a pass rusher (Ansah, Montgomery, or Okafor) or Warmack before they went CB.

The Warmack miss was my fault. I prefer Cooper and was going to give Warmack to the Colts or Packers. But for some reason thought I'd already gave him away

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3232530)
Mathews isn't declaring. And there is no chance ever the Bears pass on Te'o.

I made the draft a week ago before he made his decision. Could just replace him with a guy like Eric Fisher I guess.

I think the Bears would have to pass on Te'o if a good o-line prospect is there, I've not seen a worse line in a long time

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3232548)
Good pick for the Panthers, but...

I doubt Star falls that far. He's viewed as one of the few elite prospects in this draft.

Barkley in the top ten, second quarterback taken? I know its a weak class, but I have a hard time believing that will happen. There are already the physical concerns, but when you add the bad senior year, it simply doesn't add up into top ten overall.

Chance Warmack not in the first at all, but Cooper and Jones are? Can't see this ever happening.

Explained my mistake on Warmack above. Star probably won't fall that far but he is a lazy player and I don't like taking guys who take plays off quite that high. His stats should be so much better too considering his talent and his supposed pass rush ability doesn't show up on tape too much.

Barkley I'm not a fan of but I'm pretty sure he will be taken in the first round. Possible Wilson or Glennon could be taken over Barkley. I don't think the careers of Gabbert, Locker or Ponder added up to number 3, 8 and 12 overall but some teams just have a dire need for 'that guy'

coordinator0 01-04-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3232496)
I'd feel very confident that Jones will be a first rounder. I said in my description of the pick that he can play across the entire line and that is value at its best. Really don't see a leader of a championship team who is that versatile and smart falling out of the first.

Jones can play every position on the line but he doesn't play any of those positions at a first round level. I think he's a solid second round pick. Regardless I doubt the Ravens go with an OL in the first couple of rounds unless they make some big changes (like moving Oher back to RT and Osemele to LG which leaves LT as a huge need).

Thecollegedropout 01-04-2013 02:55 PM

Hate the pick for the Jets. We may need a QB but not Glennon. I can live with Tyler Wilson if we say traded down a little. Glennon does not impress me, he has the size but not the consistency or best reads/decision making.

OSUGiants17 01-04-2013 03:08 PM

Literally ZERO chance the Giants would pass on Te'o. Terrible Giants pick

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3232643)
Literally ZERO chance the Giants would pass on Te'o. Terrible Giants pick

Thats your opinion because you must like Te'o. Cooper can be one of the better guards in the league and Te'o won't be amongst the best lb's. Look at the way he plays and his measurables and then consider whether or not he will have similar success in the NFL. A guard like Cooper helps immediately, its been shown in recent years that good lb's can be found later. But if you want to take a hyped up lb with lacking speed and nfl coverage skills, it would be an option. But with guys like Ogletree, Skov, Minter etc still on the board you could do better. Getting a guard with the best pp bskills I've seen in ages then taking a Minter/Thomas/Skov/Reddick later presents much more value. Te'o is solid but has very limited upside

killxswitch 01-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3232551)
The Warmack miss was my fault. I prefer Cooper and was going to give Warmack to the Colts or Packers. But for some reason thought I'd already gave him away

Gotcha. The Colts would take Warmack in a heartbeat, we need the interior OL help badly.

ninerfan35 01-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3232654)
Gotcha. The Colts would take Warmack in a heartbeat, we need the interior OL help badly.

true but there are some pretty good players like Long, Warford and Alvin Bailey who could help out inside in the later rounds if Warmack is gone