Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55134)

ninerfan35 01-06-2013 08:54 AM

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round Two
 
Here is the follow up to my first round. No pictures this time because it takes ages and wanted to get it out asap. The link is there to my first round too. Sorry if any players are returning for senior years etc but everything checked out over a week ago when I wrote it. Here it is, what you think?

http://www.v2journal.com/5/post/2013...round-two.html

coordinator0 01-06-2013 11:48 AM

Even as a Michigan State fan I can't get behind the Johnny Adams pick for Baltimore. It's not really a need and he definitely isn't a BPA type of pick. I'm not a big fan of Okafor but he would probably be the best pick in that scenario.

nobodyinparticular 01-06-2013 12:02 PM

I'll comment on your 1st round here since I didn't see the link in the other thread.

I don't like your Raiders pick of Milliner at all.
Premise 1) Raiders have absolutely nothing at cornerback. This is true
Premise 2) Dee Milliner is a fantastic prospect at CB. This is true.
Solution) Draft a CB at #3 overall. No thank you.

The Raiders are suffering from a dearth of talent all over their team on defense. It's likely both Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly will be out of Oakland when the team sets up training camp. They don't have a single impact pass rusher at DE either. They have absolutely nothing at MLB with Rolando McClain likely to be cut or traded. And Reggie McKenzie comes from the Ron Wolf tree that seems to build teams from the trenches out. I could see Star Lotulelei here or Jarvis Jones/Bjoern Werner.

I don't think Milliner is the solution to the Raiders problems.

ninerfan35 01-06-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coordinator0 (Post 3234675)
Even as a Michigan State fan I can't get behind the Johnny Adams pick for Baltimore. It's not really a need and he definitely isn't a BPA type of pick. I'm not a big fan of Okafor but he would probably be the best pick in that scenario.

Since you are a fan you probably know more about him than me, but do you not think he looked very good in his junior year? I'd say it is a need for Baltimore, I'm watching their playoff game right now and you can see they don't have a solid number 3 corner

ninerfan35 01-06-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3234700)
I'll comment on your 1st round here since I didn't see the link in the other thread.

I don't like your Raiders pick of Milliner at all.
Premise 1) Raiders have absolutely nothing at cornerback. This is true
Premise 2) Dee Milliner is a fantastic prospect at CB. This is true.
Solution) Draft a CB at #3 overall. No thank you.

The Raiders are suffering from a dearth of talent all over their team on defense. It's likely both Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly will be out of Oakland when the team sets up training camp. They don't have a single impact pass rusher at DE either. They have absolutely nothing at MLB with Rolando McClain likely to be cut or traded. And Reggie McKenzie comes from the Ron Wolf tree that seems to build teams from the trenches out. I could see Star Lotulelei here or Jarvis Jones/Bjoern Werner.

I don't think Milliner is the solution to the Raiders problems.

you may be right but I went a different direction because oakland always seem to do something 'special' on draft day. I know front seven prospects are more highly coveted but I can't help but think Oakland will do something unexpected, hence my pick of Milliner. I know you are using logic in thinking the Milliner pick won't happen, but when have they ever used logic in the draft. If I mocked them Heyward Bey or predicted they'd throw away picks for Palmer a year ago, people wouldn't have thought it possible either. Star and Werner are overrated imo and I can see a mini slide for Jones because of health issues, not quite Bowers level but still significant

nobodyinparticular 01-06-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3234861)
you may be right but I went a different direction because oakland always seem to do something 'special' on draft day. I know front seven prospects are more highly coveted but I can't help but think Oakland will do something unexpected, hence my pick of Milliner. I know you are using logic in thinking the Milliner pick won't happen, but when have they ever used logic in the draft. If I mocked them Heyward Bey or predicted they'd throw away picks for Palmer a year ago, people wouldn't have thought it possible either. Star and Werner are overrated imo and I can see a mini slide for Jones because of health issues, not quite Bowers level but still significant

All of that history was under the reign of Al Davis. I get that the Raiders have been very unconventional in years past, but we are talking about a new Raiders now.

ninerfan35 01-06-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3234890)
All of that history was under the reign of Al Davis. I get that the Raiders have been very unconventional in years past, but we are talking about a new Raiders now.

I dunno, I don't think the Raiders will ever be vanilla

nobodyinparticular 01-06-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3235092)
I dunno, I don't think the Raiders will ever be vanilla

Sure, you can be absolutely blind to the facts. That's your constitutional right. It just makes you look stupid.

coordinator0 01-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3234847)
Since you are a fan you probably know more about him than me, but do you not think he looked very good in his junior year? I'd say it is a need for Baltimore, I'm watching their playoff game right now and you can see they don't have a solid number 3 corner

Webb will be back next season and hopefully Smith will be healthy. Asa Jackson is also out because of a suspension. If you're just basing it off of this game and the past few you could say CB is a need but the unit isn't anywhere near full strength. As for Adams as a prospect he did look good last year but I never thought he was a top 3 round guy. His size is going to be something that goes against him too.

ninerfan35 01-06-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3235100)
Sure, you can be absolutely blind to the facts. That's your constitutional right. It just makes you look stupid.

I'm Scottish mate, so really don't have any rights detailed to me via an outdated document. Besides not sure how making a little remark about how the Raiders are always interesting make me look stupid. Do you know in advance that the new Raiders FO is going to be so different come draft night?

Seasonticketholder 01-06-2013 04:37 PM

Jordan is not a bad pick at all. I like Jordan a lot. But Barkevious Mingo intrigues me. He is a guy who might be able to play the role that Bruce Irvin with the Seahawks or Von Miller with the Broncos play for their respective teams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.