Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2012 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55140)

Ness 01-06-2013 08:46 PM

2012 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread.

Saturday, January 12th, 2013

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, January 13th, 2013

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Ness 01-06-2013 08:48 PM

Come on Atlanta, I mean, you gotta win this time. Right?

PackerLegend 01-06-2013 08:50 PM

Obviously I'm going Green Bay and I hope Seattle wins so they can come to Lambeau and get their ass beat! Yea buddy, no freebies from the refs this time...

cmarq83 01-06-2013 08:52 PM

Definitely the 8 best teams that made it to the playoffs are playing in this round. Hopefully the games will be more competitive, besides Pats-Texans obviously.

Don Vito 01-06-2013 08:52 PM

We played great against the Texans a few weeks ago, and even though Houston didn't look great yesterday I have a bad feeling about this game.

Jvig43 01-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3235863)
We played great against the Texans a few weeks ago, and even though Houston didn't look great yesterday I have a bad feeling about this game.

Yep same page. They'll be hungry for revenge and I think if they get Foster going this time they will be real difficult to beat. Plus I don't see us stopping Watt like we did last time.It will be nice to have Gronk and Hernandez on the field at the same time for basically the first time all year.

BloodBrother 01-06-2013 09:48 PM

I am going to try and go to the game. It's not baseball season, so the SF fans are now the enemy

49erNation85 01-06-2013 09:59 PM

It is time to eat up on Rodgers and the pack. 49ers gotta win so I can be proud in GB land.. It just would be sweet to see sf win. Just gotta hope Justin Smith is healthy and so far he is.That bye week really helped us !

SuperPacker 01-06-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 3235861)
Obviously I'm going Green Bay and I hope Seattle wins so they can come to Lambeau and get their ass beat! Yea buddy, no freebies from the refs this time...

I'd rather play Atlanta in the Georgia Dome.

yo123 01-06-2013 10:31 PM

I really hope Seattle beats the Packers again so we can finally stop listening to their fans bring up that play over and over again.

49erNation85 01-06-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3235934)
I really hope Seattle beats the Packers again so we can finally stop listening to their fans bring up that play over and over again.

Nope won't happen. 49ers will get there first.

yo123 01-06-2013 10:43 PM

Edit- I was just a douche for no good reason so **** this post.

SuperPacker 01-06-2013 11:07 PM

Is this the 2012 Divisional Round, when it's 2013?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3235934)

I don't think that would stop it. Then it would just be "well if we had won that game we wouldn't be playing Seattle!!"

J-Mike88 01-06-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3235970)
Is this the 2012 Divisional Round, when it's 2013?

I don't think that would stop it. Then it would just be "well if we had won that game we wouldn't be playing Seattle!!"

If Green Bay plays them again, it WON'T be in Seattle this time.

SuperPacker 01-06-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3235974)
If Green Bay plays them again, it WON'T be in Seattle this time.

What's your point?

J-Mike88 01-06-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3235857)
Saturday, January 12th, 2013

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday, January 13th, 2013

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

Houston Texans at New England Patriots

Ravens 17
Broncos 23

49ers 24
Packers 23

Seahawks 31
Falcons 21

Patriots 34
Texans 14

Matty Ice and Tony Gonzalez still no playoff win.
Packers lose as Crosby misses a FG as time expires.
Manning struggles, but his defense & Flacco bail him out.
Patriots roll Texans again... Schaub wilts, Brady will meet Manning again.

49erNation85 01-06-2013 11:38 PM

It still gonna suck next Sat. Living with a packer fan family. Gonna suck either way. Gonna hear so much **** if we win / or lose. Specially if win. Oh we had injuries or oh we played hard last week and hard an off game or some **** like that. But Packer fans are just too much. I just hope Sf wins so I don't have to hear about them rest of the season.

i actually missed the the play off games and it was a fun on the road exploring wis.

Rosebud 01-06-2013 11:40 PM

I would love to see Matt Ryan lose again, but I don't see it. That Seattle secondary is good, and the Falcons don't have the running game to push that front 7 around, but I still can't see Russell Wilson keeping pace with Matt Ryan and co.

Similarly I just can't see Kaep doing much against GB or the defense completely shutting down Rodgers.

Ness 01-07-2013 12:37 AM

Justin Smith will be back. Apparently. So that's a plus. If the 49ers don't get any pressure on Aaron Rodgers though and/or come out flat it's over. I don't trust Kaepernick in a shootout. I'm not really nervous about this game. I could see Green Bay winning maybe even easily.

Halsey 01-07-2013 01:53 AM

I'm looking forward to watching the Falcons go up and down the field on the short handed Seahawks defense. Even if the Seahawks could contain the Falcons passing offense, the Falcons can run it well enough in the Dome.

Bulldogs 01-07-2013 02:13 AM

We've got to win this one... right..... RIGHT?!?!

Eazy Picks 01-07-2013 02:26 AM

I think the Seahawks are gonna have a tough time pulling this upset. theres a lot of factors working in the Falcons favor

-The Falcons are great at home
-The Falcons are favorites but they have a lot to prove and wont be taking this lightly at all
-Its an early morning game and the hawks are not a good road team and its tough for western teams to go to the east coast and win in the morning, their body clocks are just not right
-Brandon Browner looked rusty today and will be tested in a serious way this week whether he guards Julio or Roddy. Neither of those guys is gonna let Browner push em around.
-Chris Clemons is out, significantly affecting the Seahawks' pass-rush, they need to get some pressure on Ryan
-The Seahawks didnt look good stopping power runs of alfred morris. Turner may have lost a step, but he is still a powerful downhill runner and the Falcons should be able to establish the run and keep the Seahawks defense honest, making getting pressure on Ryan that much more difficult

The argument I see for Seattle is they have the size and speed at CB to match up with Atlantas receivers, and that the Falcons struggle against running teams and mobile QBs...But then Im thinking Atlanta has a lot of experience against mobile QBs this year so maybrue theyll be more ready. And I see them having a very tough time finding mismatches in the secondary. Seattles receivers are not great and the Falcons have a much better secondary than the Redskins. Saw the line on this is only -2 falcons...should be much higher IMO...I dont think the Falcons are much worse than the Broncos or Pats, and I dont think the the Seahawks are any better than the Ravens or Texans. And If you consider the geography, the Seahawks' have the most significant traveling disadvantage.

gpngc 01-07-2013 05:25 AM

If Atlanta beats Seattle it won't be because Michael Turner gashes them up the middle.

Washington has a powerhouse running game. They executed pretty well, especially early. Seattle wasn't up to the task until the 2nd Q. I'd be shocked if Turner had anywhere near that type of success.

The line sits at a measly 2.5 right now, inviting the public to jump on Atlanta AT HOMEZZZZZ and Vegas usually knows.

I'm worried about the receivers. But in a sick way, I think Seattle has the advantage at QB.

Ryan has IMMENSE pressure on him and RW has nothing to lose on the road against an average defense....

Larry 01-07-2013 06:04 AM

Atlanta better not let Seattle get any kind of lead in the fourth quarter. Marshawn will finish them off.

Splat 01-07-2013 07:39 AM

I really want to see the Falcons roll on the Seahawks.