Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55164)

SomethingAboutFB 01-07-2013 09:25 PM

Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas

I don't see a thread for him so I'm starting one. If there is one already please direct me to it so i can delete this one.

The size speed, and strength is there, but does anyone else thinks his start up speed is (meaning his acceleration) is slower than usual? Also, he has this quirky drifting in his first step.

The ability to play slot at his size is amazing, lol, but not necessarily a plus for him in the pros

Thoughts?

JustisM 01-08-2013 02:33 AM

I remember watching Tyler Wilson and thinking that he dropped a lot of passes TBH.

SuperPacker 01-08-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustisM (Post 3237565)
I remember watching Tyler Wilson and thinking that he dropped a lot of passes TBH.

He drops like every other pass that gets thrown to him.

DBNYDP 01-08-2013 03:09 AM

He literally is Torrey Smith. And while his habit of body catching is disturbing, Smith has shown that he can drastically improve in that area so to can Hamilton if he puts in the work. He isn't as fast as Smith with top end speed but I like his release better and I think he runs crisper routes and a more diverse tree than Smith did at Maryland. Solid 2nd round pick for me.

SomethingAboutFB 01-09-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBNYDP (Post 3237572)
He literally is Torrey Smith. And while his habit of body catching is disturbing, Smith has shown that he can drastically improve in that area so to can Hamilton if he puts in the work. He isn't as fast as Smith with top end speed but I like his release better and I think he runs crisper routes and a more diverse tree than Smith did at Maryland. Solid 2nd round pick for me.

Hmm, Isn't that where Torrey was drafted? Did Torrey have a bad release?
I for one am not a fan of his first step

vidae 01-09-2013 11:29 AM

Drops McGee.

Brown Leader 01-09-2013 12:06 PM

I can't take any more bad talking my guy. He has a great release off the line and gets into routes sharply. He's adept at catching on the run but has enough lateral quickness to make you miss in space. The occasional drop but he also makes acrobatic catches look routine. His skill set is very Julio like but he's not as physically imposing. He's like a stronger Denarius Moore. DeAndre Hopkins is a similar guy I also like but getting a ton of buzz after his season and bowl game and generally considered higher then Hamilton. Compare the two with one of their better games against top competition.

Hopkins' routes are more polished but Hamilton is clearly more explosive. Hopkins reminds me of Nate Burleson - a sure #2 who can make clutch catches. Hamilton has more to work with though and a bigger upside, making him a potential #1.

SomethingAboutFB 01-09-2013 07:09 PM

Haha, not trying to bad mouth your dude here. I mean Phin fans are giving Hamilton a hard look, and I can say that he is definitely not afraid of going in the middle and fight for the catch.

But I dont see this great release everyone is talking about. Most good WR that i see just goes forward after the ball has been snapped, and Hopkins gives a good illustration of that (Thx to your vid). When the ball is snapped I expect the WR to go forward or try to do some fake moves.

For Hamilton (most seem to play off, so they are respecting his speed), he flails his arms and takes a while before he reaches his top speed.