Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How are Bengals/Browns $104 mil under the cap in 2013!!?? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55207)

FUNBUNCHER 01-11-2013 03:36 AM

How are Bengals/Browns $104 mil under the cap in 2013!!??

The Browns have $48.9 mil in cap space for 2013. The Bengals have $55 mil in cap space!!

Hell the Dolphins have $35 mil in cap space. The Bucs?? $31.3 mil.

The Colts have $46 mil in cap space!!!!!

WTF is going on??

Aren't teams supposed to be penalized for NOT spending cap money on players??

IMO the Bengals and Browns are poised to make serious moves in the AFCN.
Could be major shift in the balance of power in that division, if only the Browns had their QB.:parrot:

Who are the major FAs available in 2013??

This dude is NOT happy.

Pat Sims 90 01-11-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3241139)
The Bengals have $55 mil in cap space!!

Won't even spend half that money this off season.

killxswitch 01-11-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3241144)

Won't even spend half that money this off season.

He will have to to get up to the salary cap floor.

PackerLegend 01-11-2013 09:57 AM

I don't think that that cap floor starts until this offseason so maybe that's why? Could be wrong though.

Brown Leader 01-11-2013 11:40 AM

Idk but say goodbye to Fred Davis.

Monomach 01-11-2013 12:15 PM

Carryover, combined with traditionally NOT spending.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

Does not necessarily mean that they're going to spend it, especially the Bangals. Wouldn't expect these teams to do a complete 180 from the past, except for maybe the Browns with the new owner.

descendency 01-11-2013 01:50 PM

They will have to meet the 90% rule next year, though.

bigbluedefense 01-11-2013 02:03 PM

Imagine if Mike Brown wasn't cheap and re-signed Jonathan Joseph?

The Bengals have soooo much potential but Mike Brown just doesn't want to spend any money. To be fair, if you draft well you don't need to spend money and he's been drafting well as of late, but still. Gotta pay to play sometimes.

killxswitch 01-11-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3241399)
They will have to meet the 90% rule next year, though.

I think next year is 88%, then it goes up to 90% starting in 2014. Going from memory here so I could be wrong.

Shreckart 01-11-2013 03:08 PM

You know what would be really fun? Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace, or Greg Jennings, and AJ Green on the same team. Imagine trying to stop that. Spend the mulah Bengals, get my ginger friend some help. Hell, go and sign Reggie Bush. Frustrations man, frustrations.

Scotty D 01-11-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3241405)

The Bengals have soooo much potential but Mike Brown just doesn't want to spend any money. To be fair, if you draft well you don't need to spend money and he's been drafting well as of late, but still. Gotta pay to play sometimes.

+ Justin Smith, even though he wasn't realizing his full potential in Cincinnati

broncosfan 01-11-2013 04:00 PM

I read on WalterFootball that the Bengals will be big players on the offseason and that they intend to spend to the cap limit. A ton of money will go to re-signing Atkins and Michael Johnson; Andre Smith and Carlos Dunlap are free agents as well so if they do invest on the offseason a lot will be on keeping their own players.

Pat Sims 90 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3241526)
I read on WalterFootball that the Bengals will be big players on the offseason and that they intend to spend to the cap limit. A ton of money will go to re-signing Atkins and Michael Johnson; Andre Smith and Carlos Dunlap are free agents as well so if they do invest on the offseason a lot will be on keeping their own players.

Expect Mike Brown will still try and cheap his own players and they end up leaving in FA.

NotMyJob 01-11-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3241405)

oh, the possibilities.

Iamcanadian 01-13-2013 08:08 PM

The Bengals and a # of teams spend the minimum allowed of cap money. I don't think the Bengals have ever spent their full cap. Buffalo's signing of Williams last year showed just how far under the cap they were and with the new CBA, they were forced to bring their spending up to a certain level, so they gave Williams a bundle of money, but I doubt they spent in total, anywhere near their total cap.

Iamcanadian 01-13-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3241526)

The announcers during the Playoffs, mentioned that the Bengals never spend to their cap limit. They are notorious for being under the cap by quite a bit and I dount Brown will change his spots.

broncosfan 01-13-2013 08:18 PM

Where can I find the cap space for this year for every team?

Lil Quip 01-13-2013 09:06 PM

I think the Bengals number is fool's gold to a degree.

Starting QB all pro WR and their all pro DT are all on rookie contracts. Plus I am pretty sure Green and Dalton are under the rookie wage scale and Atkins was a fourth rounder.

If they shell out huge amounts now, they are hamstrung when these rookie contracts come up. I think they should lockup Atkins to tie up some that money.

PoopSandwich 01-14-2013 01:11 AM

Derek Anderson is getting 49 million a year.

Shreckart 01-14-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoydiablo3 (Post 3244619)
I am very pleased to read this post,this thought is what I want to say but couldn't express it well, and I think if you want to play Diablo 3 like a product,you should get the cheapest diablo 3 gold from d3face diablo 3 Gold.

IGXE is your trusted Runescape companion, always there to help you and give you the best possible services for rsgold2buy Runescape Gold.

IF you still feel that can not fill with your request,the Guild Wars 2 Gold which come from topgw2gold Guild Wars 2 Gold is couldn't be better any more.

What did I just read?

PoopSandwich 01-14-2013 02:42 AM

In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns added one of the big free agent receivers as well as a stud on defense this year, Jimmy wants to win while I guess Banner is notorious for not getting free agents, a receiver wouldn't hurt and neither would a defensive end or linebacker.

Hell, MIKE VICK WOULD BE BETTER THAN WEEDEN.

jsagan77 01-14-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 3244925)
In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns added one of the big free agent receivers as well as a stud on defense this year, Jimmy wants to win while I guess Banner is notorious for not getting free agents, a receiver wouldn't hurt and neither would a defensive end or linebacker.

Hell, MIKE VICK WOULD BE BETTER THAN WEEDEN.

Honestly Vick + some WR talent might not be a bad idea. Even though I hate him Weeden makes my eyes rain.

Monomach 01-14-2013 08:03 PM

I think Mike Vick's a great idea. It's about time the Browns bring in someone young like him to replace Weeden. Weeden's getting a little long in the tooth, after all.

Bengalsrocket 01-14-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3244683)
The announcers during the Playoffs, mentioned that the Bengals never spend to their cap limit. They are notorious for being under the cap by quite a bit and I dount Brown will change his spots.

Mike Brown is pretty cheap. There is no argument against that. However, in the last 5-6 seasons he has been willing to sign some free agents (though it has made him look like a fool to sign guys like Antwan Odom and Antonio Bryant [who they cut only months after signing because of an injury he had lol]).

The Bengals are in bad hands with Mike Brown, I won't defend him. But he's been doing a lot better lately with roster decisions. A lot of it has to do with the current success they've had in the draft, but there has also been some smart free agency choices as well.

Nobody can say we didn't make the most out of that Cedric Benson signing anyways :P

Scotty D 01-14-2013 10:09 PM

Come on, Mike Vick to the Dawg Pound? :njx: