Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Once in a Lifetime Mock Draft! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55242)

ben2323 01-14-2013 02:26 AM

Once in a Lifetime Mock Draft!

1. Kansas City - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
2. Jacksonville - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
3. Oakland - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
4. Philadelphia - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
5. Detroit - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
7. Arizona - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
8. Buffalo - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
9. New York Jets - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
10. Tennessee - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
11. San Diego - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
12. Miami - Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
13. Tampa Bay - Jonathan Banks, CB, Miss State
14. Carolina - Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
15. St. Louis - Keenan Allen, WR, California
16. New Orleans - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
17. Pittsburgh - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
18. Dallas - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
19. New York Giants - Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU
20. Chicago - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
21. Cincinnati - Eric Reid, S, LSU
22. Minnesota - Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
23. St. Louis - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
24. Indianapolis - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
25. Seattle - Sharif Floyd, DT, Florida
26. Green Bay - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
27. Houston - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
28. Denver - Matt Elam, S, Florida
29. Atlanta - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
30. New England - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
31. San Francisco - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
32. Baltimore - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Phins827 01-14-2013 09:39 AM

Jarvis Jones? Meh. WR or CB please

Robcards 01-14-2013 09:57 AM

Dion Jordan is not worth a top 10 pick as a guy who protects as a secondary pass rusher and not the main pass rush threat. The fit is there for the current Jets scheme, but I'd hope that whoever we get to be our GM would realize that you don't take a Sam backer with the 9th pick. The way your board is the Jets should take Mingo or Jarvis Jones, no question.

zachsaints52 01-14-2013 10:35 AM

I'd be happy with Te'o. Really happy.

CJSchneider 01-14-2013 10:48 AM

If Te'o fell to us, I would wet my pants. If we then passed on him, I would poop said pants.

killxswitch 01-14-2013 10:54 AM

I want to see Montgomery's triangle numbers but I wouldn't mind that pick for the Colts at all.

jrdrylie 01-14-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3245039)
If Te'o fell to us, I would wet my pants. If we then passed on him, I would poop said pants.

At your age, you'll probably poop and pee your pants on draft night regardless of whom the Saints Draft.

As for the Bears and Jags, I can't complain really.

regoob2 01-14-2013 11:18 AM

Good Bears pick.

thebow305 01-14-2013 12:13 PM

Great Miami pick!

Trogdor 01-14-2013 12:24 PM

Not a bad Dallas pick though Cooper and Vaccaro would make me much happier.

Cooper would be the ideal pick given the state of our offensive line.

Robcards 01-14-2013 12:44 PM

Cowboys are switching to a 4-3 so DT is the last thing they need as they have many DTs under contract. If they go front 7, a 4-3 LE like Ezekiel Ansah would make the most sense.

SuperPacker 01-14-2013 12:49 PM

No to Barrett Jones. He isn't a first round prospect.

vidae 01-14-2013 12:53 PM

I'll take Geno Smith every day of the week for the Chiefs. Good job.

coordinator0 01-14-2013 01:03 PM

Getting a LT in the first round wouldn't be a bad idea for the Ravens but I really hope they don't reach on Johnson.

RCAChainGang 01-14-2013 01:05 PM

I think it is a risky pick, but I like it for the Colts. I'm more confident in Mingo and Dion Jordan to play as a rush linebacker than Montgomery. Xavier Rhodes would also be a great pick there along with Barrett Jones.

derza222 01-14-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3244996)
Dion Jordan is not worth a top 10 pick as a guy who protects as a secondary pass rusher and not the main pass rush threat. The fit is there for the current Jets scheme, but I'd hope that whoever we get to be our GM would realize that you don't take a Sam backer with the 9th pick. The way your board is the Jets should take Mingo or Jarvis Jones, no question.

Curious what the difference between Mingo and Jordan is in your eyes.

Robcards 01-14-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 3245184)
Curious what the difference between Mingo and Jordan is in your eyes.

Better technique and more explosive first step, he can generate pass rush on his own. While Jordan is more versatile and can drop back in coverage better, he strikes me as more of a Sam backer in a 3-4 while Mingo has primary weak-side pass rusher potential. He could also be a bust but then again so could Jordan. They're both better athletes than players right now

From a purely draft stock comparison, Mingo is Bruce Irvin and Jordan is Melvin Ingram.

P-L 01-14-2013 06:29 PM

I know that Joeckel is probably the best player in the draft, but I still have a hard time seeing the Lions taking him, unless they don't re-sign Gosder Cherilus. The Lions just took Riley Reiff in the first round last year and Cherilus was arguably a top 3-5 RT last year.

CheeseKnuckles 01-14-2013 08:02 PM

IMO Packers need to draft defense again in the 1st. I'm hoping for either Ogletree/Richardson or possibly a trade out into the early 2nd for Lacey.

Evan Dietrich-Smith came in at the end of the year for Saturday and it was a big improvement.

I would like our draft to look like this

Ogletree
Phillip Thomas
Mario Beasomething or another

Seasonticketholder 01-14-2013 08:11 PM

First, the Saints have the #15 pick, not the #16, unless you are projecting some trade in which we are moving down one spot. Second, I disagree with some of my fellow Saints fans--Te'O is a terrible pick for New Orleans. We have a MLB in Curtis Lofton who played very well for us. David Hawthorne played well for us at the SAM once he came back from injury.

With no pass rushing end on the board, Sheldon Richardson would make the most sense here.

derza222 01-15-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3245198)
Better technique and more explosive first step, he can generate pass rush on his own. While Jordan is more versatile and can drop back in coverage better, he strikes me as more of a Sam backer in a 3-4 while Mingo has primary weak-side pass rusher potential. He could also be a bust but then again so could Jordan. They're both better athletes than players right now

From a purely draft stock comparison, Mingo is Bruce Irvin and Jordan is Melvin Ingram.

That's the fun thing about the draft I guess. While I agree Jordan is more versatile, I see similar tools to develop. Obviously he moves extremely well, think his functional strength is better than Mingo's, runs the arc, to he's got lots of pass rushing upside. From what I saw of Mingo in 2012 he wasn't all that disruptive, but I admittedly need to go watch more of him. Obviously moves well, but I expected more from him this year.

At this point both are relatively raw, could afford to add weight, fit better in a 3-4, and have similar production. Jordan hasn't been playing defense all that long. Your draft stock comparison is a bit confusing to me as Irvin was viewed more as a day 2 guy going in while Ingram was a sure fire first rounder. I do see a versatile player vs. pass rusher idea maybe, but I think Jordan's got a lot more pass rushing upside than Ingram too if he puts on weight since he possesses length that Ingram didn't.

Robcards 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

I think Irvin wasn't viewed as a first rounder due to the off field question marks (robbing drug dealers and punching holes in pizza delivery cars) but his combine performance and solid interviews elevated him to the mid-to-early first late in the evaluation process. True most 'draft experts' like mayock and kiper didn't have him that high, but he was definitely that high on at least 2 teams boards. They also had vontaze Burfict as the BPA for like 5.5 rounds too though.

Anyway, I think whoever performs the best at the combine and/or pro days will be picked first, and I'm 90% sure that will be Mingo.