Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   January 15 Mock Draft (1 Round) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55256)

JaxJag_1 01-15-2013 03:23 PM

January 15 Mock Draft (1 Round)

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

3. Oakland Raiders - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

5. Detroit Lions - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

6. Cleveland Browns - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

8. Buffalo Bills - Keenan Allen, WR, California

9. New York Jets - Damontre Moore, OLB, Texas A&M

10. Tennessee Titans - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

11. San Diego Chargers - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

12. Miami Dolphins - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

14. Carolina Panthers - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

15. New Orleans Saints - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

16. St. Louis Rams - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

19. New York Giants - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

20. Chicago Bears - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU

22. St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - Eric Reid, FS, LSU

23. Minnesota Vikings - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

24. Indianapolis Colts - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia

25. Seattle Seahawks - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

27. Houston Texans - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

28. Denver Broncos - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida

29. Baltimore Ravens - Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State

30. Atlanta Falcons - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

31. New England Patriots - Matt Elam, SS, Florida

32. San Francisco 49ers - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-15-2013 03:30 PM

Huge reach. Give us Minter or Ogletree. LB and OL are our 2 biggest needs

Phins827 01-15-2013 03:39 PM

I don't understand the DT to Miami trend. Starks is a FA yes. But DE Jared Odrick is better suited at DT. So either Starks is resigned, and our line stays the same. Or Starks leaves, and Odrick moves inside, with us drafting a DE

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-15-2013 04:14 PM

^ Dolphins would take Jordan or Banks

Phins827 01-15-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3246094)
^ Dolphins would take Jordan or Banks

Correct. WR is a possibility, but I expect a FA signing, with WR more like a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Matthew Jones 01-15-2013 05:00 PM

I think New England is good at safety with McCourty/Gregory/Tavon Wilson.

jared3 01-15-2013 05:06 PM

The Chiefs draft DT Dontari Poe last year in the first round and they are going to select another DT in round one a year later?

I doubt it. They will draft QB Geno Smith.

I would draft OT Luke Joeckel if I were the Jags.

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-15-2013 05:16 PM

^ Geno wont be the #1 pick, it'll be Joeckel, Reid already said they won't reach on a QB.

vidae 01-15-2013 05:26 PM

Bad KC pick. No other way around it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 (Post 3246149)
^ Geno wont be the #1 pick, it'll be Joeckel, Reid already said they won't reach on a QB.

I don't get why people can't understand this: Joeckel has nowhere to play. And by the time April rolls around Geno won't be a reach. Plus, if you're going to quote Reid, you should probably get it right. Go back and read what he said.

CJSchneider 01-15-2013 07:11 PM

I do not want Dion Jordan. Give us Monty or Te'o even

farfromforgotten 01-15-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3246153)
I don't get why people can't understand this: Joeckel has nowhere to play.

1st ever 3 OT line? You can never have enough Left Tackles to protect your crappy QB's!

Robcards 01-15-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3246153)
Bad KC pick. No other way around it.

I don't get why people can't understand this: Joeckel has nowhere to play. And by the time April rolls around Geno won't be a reach. Plus, if you're going to quote Reid, you should probably get it right. Go back and read what he said.

How is LT 'no where to play'? They'd obviously let Albert walk if they plan on taking joeckel. I like how you assume that they re-sign him, especially with a completely new regime coming in.

Robcards 01-15-2013 09:18 PM

New Chiefs GM John Dorsey is adamant about taking the best available player regardless of position at No. 1 overall this year.
"I know of no other philosophy," added Dorsey. "You spent all those months as a group staying true to your board, and all of a sudden you have to jump a player because of positional needs? I don't think you do that. We have proven you don't do that." While the franchise's biggest need is a starting QB, NFL.com's Gil Brandt doesn't rank a single quarterback in the top-25 prospects this season.

AKA: not taking Geno smith. Sorry vidae, wrong again this year

Seasonticketholder 01-15-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3246246)
I do not want Dion Jordan. Give us Monty or Te'o even

I disagree!!! Jordan is a great pick!! Monty is not going to give us anything more than what we got out of Darren Howard, Charles Grant, and Will Smith. We need a guy with speed off the edge who can be an impact rusher.

And Te'O? If he's not the most overrated guy in this draft, I do not know who is. He doesn't even fill a need for us since Curtis Lofton is our MLB and acquitted himself well despite playing on the statistically worse defense in NFL history.

T-RICH49 01-15-2013 11:08 PM

any pick that is not a QB at 1 is a worthless pick sorry but it's the truth

49erNation85 01-15-2013 11:18 PM

good pick for sf.

T-RICH49 01-15-2013 11:25 PM

btw so Geno Smith is'nt worthy of going #1 but #2 is just fine.Ok that makes sense

Robcards 01-15-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3246507)
btw so Geno Smith is'nt worthy of going #1 but #2 is just fine.Ok that makes sense

Because every team has he same exact draft priorities am I right? Jacksonville constantly reaches with draft picks, new KC GM and coach have stated they won't reach. Makes sense to me

vidae 01-15-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3246335)
How is LT 'no where to play'? They'd obviously let Albert walk if they plan on taking joeckel. I like how you assume that they re-sign him, especially with a completely new regime coming in.

Every team is forced to spend 90% this year. So what you're saying is that the Chiefs will let Albert walk instead of paying him even when they have to spend more of their cap? The Chiefs brass isn't that stupid.. who do you think they are, the Jets?

And I have no idea why it's so hard for someone to understand this simple fact, but I'll try one last time to get through to you: It's January. Still with me? Cool. The draft is in April. That is three months away. Between now and the draft we have a lot of events where players can showcase their talents: the senior bowl, the east/west shrine game, the combine, pro days, individual interviews with the different teams.. so just because someone "isn't worth it" right now doesn't mean they won't be in three months.

You understand yet?

nobodyinparticular 01-16-2013 12:18 AM

Barkevious Mingo #3???

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-16-2013 01:19 AM

^ Raiders would not pass on Moore, Werner, Milliner, Joeckel or even Richardson.

RCAChainGang 01-16-2013 05:44 AM

I still think Josh Chapman should be given some time before we draft a NT. If John Jenkins plays 34 DE I would understand the pick a little better, but regardless I think Ansah would be a much better selection here with Freeney likely out the door.

Also, if the Colts decide to address their terrible OL, I would be fine with Barrett Jones.

Unbiased 01-16-2013 12:29 PM

What a shocker. A Jaguars fan engineers it so Geno Smith magically falls to them.

Lil Quip 01-16-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3246137)
I think New England is good at safety with McCourty/Gregory/Tavon Wilson.

Definitely this.

Plus people see our secondary issues and assume they just need talented bodies in the secondary in general when we need a talented corner to push Dennard to nickel.

Plus it is easy to mail in the last four picks as the order isn't set. Plus we are a good candidate for a trade down if a bad team wants to catch that faller.

GatorsBullsFan 01-18-2013 12:09 PM

Im very disappointed as a fellow Jaguars fan that we would take Geno Smith...his padded numbers in college is way over hyped