Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Manti Te'o GF Dying Was A Hoax (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55280)

kwilk103 01-16-2013 03:41 PM

Manti Te'o GF Dying Was A Hoax
 
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax


wow, crazy

wonder how this hurts his stock

vidae 01-16-2013 03:42 PM

Just read that. So hilarious. I knew today was going to be a good day.

underscore 01-16-2013 03:53 PM

Not only is he the most overhyped draft prospect (note I didn't say overrated) now he's got massive character issues.

Cigaro 01-16-2013 03:53 PM

What the ****.

SuperMcGee 01-16-2013 03:57 PM

Thoroughly enjoying twitter right now.

BloodBrother 01-16-2013 03:58 PM

Hahahahahaha

Hines 01-16-2013 03:59 PM

If true, then wow...

Punisher 01-16-2013 04:00 PM


DcmRulz 01-16-2013 04:02 PM

Today was a fun day for Twitter and sports chats.

Don Vito 01-16-2013 04:02 PM

Pathetic and hilarious if true.

Brodeur 01-16-2013 04:02 PM

Well, since he's out of options, time for Te'o to admit he's the first public homosexual in sports and save face.

jrdrylie 01-16-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3247192)
Well, since he's out of options, time for Te'o to admit he's the first public homosexual in sports and save face.

As he is a devout Mormon, that would be very surprising.

bigfreak314 01-16-2013 04:05 PM

Madness! if this was staged it was probably for Heisman hype and this opens a Pandora's box full of crazy ways to sway voters to you through sympathy and feel good stories

AntoinCD 01-16-2013 04:05 PM

This is weird as hell. Is Te'o someone who just craves publicity and this was an elaborate scam, is he just a pathological liar or was he the one that was scammed??? This is just ****** up I don't even know what to think

CashmoneyDrew 01-16-2013 04:05 PM

That joke Rob made about his GF and cancer is going to need some retooling now.

Brodeur 01-16-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3247197)
As he is a devout Mormon, that would be very surprising.

What else can he do here? I'm just saying it makes logical sense why a player would go to these lengths to fake a relationship. I'm not saying he is for certain a homosexual, but it's absolutely a possibility. And if he is, that will be the only thing that can save him.

bigfreak314 01-16-2013 04:07 PM

I just hope he doesn't go the Lance Armstrong rout and keep denying it when its actually true!


aaaaaah too soon?

AntoinCD 01-16-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3247205)
What else can he do here? I'm just saying it makes logical sense why a player would go to these lengths to fake a relationship. I'm not saying he is for certain a homosexual, but it's absolutely a possibility. And if he is, that will be the only thing that can save him.

It's crazy to think that this may be the only thing which can salvage his draft stock when most people/players would imagine it would hurt them (rightly or wrongly but that's another debate for another time)

BloodBrother 01-16-2013 04:14 PM

M. Night Shyamalan is already trying to buy movie rights for this story. What a twist!

Bengals78 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3247205)
What else can he do here? I'm just saying it makes logical sense why a player would go to these lengths to fake a relationship. I'm not saying he is for certain a homosexual, but it's absolutely a possibility. And if he is, that will be the only thing that can save him.

Okay, I am with you on the fake relationship being a cover as a possible outcome...but why kill her off essentially then? That is what I dont get.

Vikes99ej 01-16-2013 04:16 PM

This story is pure comedy gold.

kwilk103 01-16-2013 04:17 PM

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

bearsfan_51 01-16-2013 04:19 PM

I'm not sure if I enjoy this or Lance Armstrong more. I still think Armstrong, because his lying went on for years, but both are pretty awesome.

bearsfan_51 01-16-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwilk103 (Post 3247225)
On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te'o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Yeah, cool story bro.

Bills2083 01-16-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3247222)
Okay, I am with you on the fake relationship being a cover as a possible outcome...but why kill her off essentially then? That is what I dont get.

This is what I am wondering.
Why not just say that you broke up?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.