Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best Super Bowl Location (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55429)

J-Mike88 01-28-2013 04:39 PM

Best Super Bowl Location

What do you think is the best overall Super Bowl location?
If you got to go to your team's Super Bowl game, which place would you prefer it to be?

It's such a damn shame the stadium in San Diego is so outdated, small. That place should get a Super Bowl every 4 or 5 years, as should Miami & New Orleans.

Who here has been to any Super Bowls? When/where?

New Orleans:
Rick Gosselin ‏@RickGosselinDMN
"Just arrived in NO. NFL can hold the Super Bowl here every year IMO. No better big event city for sports."

Miami
10 Super Bowls hosted, most recently the Saints vs Colts
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7762164

Indianapolis
Last year, Giants over Patriots... Forbes said Indy was the BEST of all.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...ience-is-king/

Arizona
Most recent, XLII, Giants beating Patriots

Tampa Bay
Most recent, XLIII, Steelers stealing Cardinals

San Diego
Most recent, XXXVII, Raiders whalloped by Buccaneers

Ness 01-28-2013 05:03 PM

New Orleans and Miami. Those two cities have had some memorable Super Bowls. Apparently there is always a party in New Orleans. Great city to have a game. I thought Indianapolis was a good location last season. Here is a map and list of the previous locations.

CashmoneyDrew 01-28-2013 05:09 PM

They should go back to the Rose Bowl.

niel89 01-28-2013 05:10 PM

I like NO and Arizona quite a bit. I went to the stadium in Arizona and I just think it was great. Every one seems to rave about how great NO is.

I think the upcoming game in NY should be interesting with the cold weather.

jrdrylie 01-28-2013 05:10 PM

Jacksonville bitches!!!

But seriously, absolutely not. That was terrible. It was 40 degrees and raining the entire week. And the fact that there were visitors from Boston and Philly there made it all the worse. What a bunch of assholes on the road. It took me about two hours to get home from school every day during Super Bowl week. Never again Jacksonville.

Ness 01-28-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3258615)
What a bunch of assholes on the road.

LOL how dare they invade my city! Bunch of assholes!

ChiFan24 01-28-2013 05:25 PM

I wish they would build a state of the art stadium in Vegas for the Super Bowl and just hold it there every year. But as is, I'd say New Orleans by far.

49erNation85 01-28-2013 06:55 PM

Wouldn't building a stadium in Vegas be against the gambling rules ? Would be sweet though. But just build one in Alaska instead.

Brent 01-28-2013 06:57 PM

Bring it back to Dallas.

J-Mike88 01-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3258689)
Bring it back to Dallas.

Yeah we had such great weather that week, wait.... bad luck.
This weekend and today it was 75.
But that week of the Super Bowl, ice all week long on the roads, temps colder than Buffalo NY.

I think Miami, New Orleans, and SouthernCal should rotate it every 4 years, with perhaps cities like Glendale and Tampa rotating in..... no reason for a cold climate city to get it.
Prefer to keep it out of domes..... natural grass baby.
Does Miami, and the Rose Bowl, have 100% grass or is it a hybrid?

Brent 01-28-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3258750)

Anyone who bitched about the Super Bowl here clearly had no idea how rare that sort of snow is in Texas.

That said, it was 77 here.

J-Mike88 01-28-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3258760)
Anyone who bitched about the Super Bowl here clearly had no idea how rare that sort of snow is in Texas.

That said, it was 77 here.

My buddy flew in from Buffalo and expected to play golf here for 3 days... said it was warmer there than here.

You, Brent, live here (DFW)?
You should FOR SURE drive over to New Orleans on Thursday or Friday and have the weekend of your life.

brat316 01-28-2013 07:57 PM

Yeahh NEW YAAWWK...its gonna be near me. Maybe I can go to the superbowl somehow.

Forenci 01-28-2013 08:00 PM

New York Super Bowl will be legendary. I hope there is a blizzard so all the fair weather fans and corporate sponsors can cry.

Plus watching a Super Bowl in the snow would be ******* awesome.

Giantsfan1080 01-28-2013 08:14 PM

I went to the one in Indy last year and they did a great job. You were allowed to drink in the streets at all times of the day and there was stuff everywhere. It's the only SB I've been too but it was awesome. Of course the Giants winning also helped.

brat316 01-28-2013 08:20 PM

Yeah, i would love to see some snow during the superbowl.

So many sponsors and the superbowl show would shiit there pants.

Forenci 01-28-2013 08:46 PM

I mean, I would LOVE it if snowed as a sponsor. I know the people at the game might be upset but the ratings on a blizzard Super Bowl would be astronomical.

yodabear 01-29-2013 06:10 PM

North Texas/Irving/Dallas/Jerry World should get another shot. They had **** luck that week. I mean has it snowed since that week there?

Anyway, to answer your question sort of...First off, the Super Bowl should be at a warm place. **** the New Jersey thing next season. Atlanta has a soft spot in my heart cuz the Rams won their Super Bowl there, but its Atlanta c'mon. New Orleans is a great host, but the Rams lost a Super Bowl there, so that elimanates that. So that leaves Tampa Bay and Miami cuz I love Florida man, and I am more of a central Florida guy, so I'll go off the radar here and go Tampa.

brat316 01-29-2013 06:12 PM

The Superbowl will be in Dallas.

The number of seats they get to sell, is what they care about. But hopefully they won't get sued this time.

Trogdor 01-29-2013 06:14 PM

Warm weather city.

New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Arizona, and Tampa. Would probably be my top 5.

J-Mike88 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3259748)
Warm weather city.

New Orleans, Miami, Dallas, Arizona, and Tampa. Would probably be my top 5.

I would agree, but I need to see Southern Cal in there, the Rose Bowl would work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodapoop (Post 3259738)
North Texas/Irving/Dallas/Jerry World should get another shot. They had **** luck that week. I mean has it snowed since that week there?

Anyway, to answer your question sort of...First off, the Super Bowl should be at a warm place. **** the New Jersey thing next season.

We did actually have snow this Christmas again... about 2 inches in this area.

But it's been 75 the past 3 days here.... it's a roller-coaster. It's unstable. But it's also an INDOOR stadium unlike that **** in New Jersey or York, wherever it is.

I agree it should be warm weather, and I also favor outdoor to a dome, better environment.

Dallas and Houston both can be opened, can't they?
What about the Glendale thing, is that openable?
That is the same weekend as the awesome PGA Tour stop there in Phoenix... a great party stop.
Of course, in 2008 when the NYG ended the Patriots perfect season and I was there, they had unseasonably cold weather that weekend. Bad for golf. And tourists.

Southern Florida is the safest and offers fans the ocean.
Dallas is a windy, drought-stricken area. No oceans nearbye.

Anyone here been to the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum?

WCH 01-29-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3258687)
Wouldn't building a stadium in Vegas be against the gambling rules ? Would be sweet though. But just build one in Alaska instead.

I don't think it's against the rules, per se; but I have read that the major sports leagues tend to avoid Vegas because of the whole gambling issue.

Grizzlegom 01-30-2013 08:48 AM

San Diego would be the best location if their stadium wasn't terrible.

zachsaints52 01-30-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3258750)
This weekend and today it was 75.
But that week of the Super Bowl, ice all week long on the roads, temps colder than Buffalo NY.

I think Miami, New Orleans, and SouthernCal should rotate it every 4 years, with perhaps cities like Glendale and Tampa rotating in..... no reason for a cold climate city to get it.
Prefer to keep it out of domes..... natural grass baby.
Does Miami, and the Rose Bowl, have 100% grass or is it a hybrid?

New Orleans and Glendale are both domes though.

49erNation85 01-30-2013 09:15 AM

Lets just keep in the colder cities heck with the warm one. As far as Cali goes I think the new stadium in sf gets in what 2015/16 ?