Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Minter vs. Te'o vs. Ogletree: Who's the #1 MLB?? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55539)

Black Bolt 02-04-2013 07:50 AM

Minter vs. Te'o vs. Ogletree: Who's the #1 MLB??

Te'o is the biggest and slowest of this bunch. He appears to have great leadership and diagnostic skills at his post. How do you ranks these players and who do you think will be the first off the board??

AntoinCD 02-04-2013 07:53 AM

I think all 3 are different types of players.

I probably like Minter the best. Te'o doesn't have great coverage abilities but is very good at recognising things pre and post snap. Ogletree is the new type of LB in the NFL. Converted DB who can run but I worry about him when he gets a body on him. I think all 3 are late first round type players though

holt_bruce81 02-04-2013 08:14 AM

I like Minter the best. Ogletree struggles vs the run, can look foolish vs playaction and isnt all that physical. But his potential is through the roof.

descendency 02-04-2013 08:23 AM

It's interesting that CJ Mosley has been left off.

AntoinCD 02-04-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3265014)
It's interesting that CJ Mosley has been left off.

CJ Mosley is returning for his senior season at Bama

Iamcanadian 02-04-2013 09:32 AM

You are looking at 3 first rounders, who will be the best in the NFL is anybodies guess. Right now, I believe Te'o will be drafted the highest and if he can put every thing behind him, he should dominate as a pro. He'd have gone top 10 before the mess, now we'll have to see if the pros still think he has leadership qualities.

Don Vito 02-04-2013 09:49 AM

It isn't outrageous at all to think that this Te'o incident will really impact him at the next level. I have a hard time believing people will look to him as a leader.

AntoinCD 02-04-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3265069)
It isn't outrageous at all to think that this Te'o incident will really impact him at the next level. I have a hard time believing people will look to him as a leader.

I definitely agree, at least initially. If he comes into the league and lets his play speak for him then in a few years I don't see why he can't be a leader (other guys have done worse), but it's definitely something that will be struck off initial evaluations of him

Iamcanadian 02-04-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3265069)

You never know how things will turnout. A leader is a leader is a leader, if he comes in as a pro and plays well, it will all be forgotten and his leadership skills will rise to the top. If he is a mediocre pro, then nobody will even care about his leadership ability because his teammates won't respect his skill level.

brat316 02-04-2013 10:15 AM

ogletree would be great for a team that plays from the nickle all game long.

mightytitan9 02-04-2013 11:32 AM

Arthur Brown

K Train 02-04-2013 11:38 AM

I like teo the best, then minter for the steelers

Teo just has it all and could play all over in all 4 spots. Hes compliment timmons very well on the inside

Leon Sandcastle 02-04-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3265173)
Arthur Brown

Ogletree
Brown
Minter
Te'o

YAYareaRB 02-04-2013 11:50 AM

I like Arthur Brown

Cigaro 02-04-2013 11:56 AM

Minter is my top inside linebacker. He's got the measurables you want, but more importantly for me is his play recognition. He seems to always know where the play is going, and how to get to the ball the quickest.

I think Te'o is overrated, but not a bad prospect. He's first round talent, but this GF hoax will have an unknown impact on his stock. I would certainly be skeptical of him as a face of my franchise, and how he would mix with the locker room.

Ogletree I would rank below those two guys. Yes he has great athleticism for his position, but at the expense of strength and physicality. He can roam sideline to sideline, but if you get a blocker on him, he's effectively neutralized. In addition, power backs give him trouble. I think he gets taken in the first, but more because of potential than play.

And since Arthur Brown is been mentioned, I'll go ahead and comment on him. I think he has a good future in the pros, so long as he gets to the right system. He's a bit small for a linebacker, and there are very legitimate questions of how he'll deal with blockers. I've seen him use his athleticism to finesse his way off of blocks(not a bad thing), but then I've also seen him just routinely swallowed up by them. I think if he gets placed in a 4-3 with defensive tackles who can occupy blockers in front of him, he'll be a good player. I'm not so sure how he'll fair however in systems like the 3-4. We've recently seen smaller linebackers that weren't supposed to work in a 3-4 excel there(Bowman), so I wouldn't write him off, I'd just be hesitant. I'd overall rank him below Minter, in competition with Te'o for the number two spot.

bitonti 02-04-2013 11:56 AM

the problem with Te'o is that he was run over in the Alabama game. If all this stuff came out and he played with his hair on fire, no one would care. The fact that he rolled over like a beaten dog is what's killing his stock.

Don Vito 02-04-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 3265206)
the problem with Te'o is that he was run over in the Alabama game. If all this stuff came out and he played with his hair on fire, no one would care. The fact that he rolled over like a beaten dog is what's killing his stock.

Sometimes I wonder if part of that was because he wasn't mentally in it due to the impending **** storm he knew was coming his way. Not trying to make excuses for the raping he took for four quarters against Alabama, it's just something to think about.

bitonti 02-04-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3265211)
Sometimes I wonder if part of that was because he wasn't mentally in it due to the impending **** storm he knew was coming his way. Not trying to make excuses for the raping he took for four quarters against Alabama, it's just something to think about.

I agree but the league wants it's middle linebackers to get angry not get sad. Adversity is gonna happen... for example Adrian Peterson ran a 4.3 the day after his brother died. How you deal with adversity is what these guys are looking for.

Dunta_23 02-04-2013 12:11 PM

Who is the best fit to play in the 3-4 beside Cushing?

Don Vito 02-04-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 3265228)
I agree but the league wants it's middle linebackers to get angry not get sad. Adversity is gonna happen... for example Adrian Peterson ran a 4.3 the day after his brother died. How you deal with adversity is what these guys are looking for.

I agree, I'm not defending him. I just wonder how much that had to do with his piss poor performace.

Don Vito 02-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunta_23 (Post 3265234)
Who is the best fit to play in the 3-4 beside Cushing?

Minter would be the logical choice to me, I could see Wade Phillips loving Minter's game. I also think Ogeltree could do well there, they could use an explosive guy who can make plays in coverage at linebacker.

mightytitan9 02-04-2013 12:16 PM

Arthur Brown reminds me the most of Ray Lewis. He's smart, instintful and in college, both were about 6'1" 230 and would get swallowed up by bigger lineman at times.

I love how people act like Ray Lewis was an all-pro coming out of college.

Arthur Brown to me is best in a 4-3 defense, but he could potentially play very well in a 3-4, smaller guys like Navorro Bowman was this way, but he was asked to blitz a lot in college. Lawrence Timmons was this way also

bitonti 02-04-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3265238)
I agree, I'm not defending him. I just wonder how much that had to do with his piss poor performace.

it probably had everything to do with his performance. but this is a league where guys get arrested and play awesome the next game.

FUNBUNCHER 02-04-2013 12:21 PM

Man I hope Ogletree shows up at the combine weighing over 240# and just blazes his 40.

Like Lawrence Timmons had to when he was drafted out of FSU, he's going to need to get stronger and bigger. None of these other guys has his upside.

Black Bolt 02-04-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitonti (Post 3265228)

And that's what I question about him, his anger. When he gets pushed, does he want to push back? Should not be a question for ANY MLB.