Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Offseason Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55554)

jrdrylie 02-05-2013 03:57 PM

Offseason Discussion Thread
 
The Super Bowl is over, so we are officially in the offseason. Rather than people start threads on every single insignificant happening in the NFL, we should probably have those discussions in here.

So starting off, the Jags got a new logo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-team-logo

TheRubberDuck45 02-05-2013 03:59 PM

That is hideous.

Giantsfan1080 02-05-2013 04:02 PM

The Giants cut Michael Boley.

jrdrylie 02-05-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck45 (Post 3266488)
That is hideous.

I actually like it a lot more. There is less black, which is good. It also looks a bit more vicious. I like how the spots and the ears have more definition, which makes it look more realistic. The only issue is something my friend pointed out is that it looks more like an ocelot than a jaguar.

Pat Sims 90 02-05-2013 04:25 PM

The Bengals have hired Mike Zimmers son Adam Zimmer as DB assist coach. Which officially means Hue Jackson is moving to RB coach.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...c-63220a963cec

Shreckart 02-05-2013 04:40 PM

If anyone didn't hear by now... Ray Lewis retired. :oops:

jrdrylie 02-06-2013 09:13 PM

What a marriage proposal. That's my quarterback.

Quote:

It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, "Oh, shall we get married?" We're like, "Yeah, OK." And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on.
http://deadspin.com/5982236/ladies-j...urce=pulsenews

Monomach 02-06-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3267887)
What a marriage proposal. That's my quarterback.



http://deadspin.com/5982236/ladies-j...urce=pulsenews

Yep, that's our boy.


vidae 02-06-2013 09:20 PM

Hey, he's still bangin Cavallari. That isn't so bad.

Ness 02-06-2013 09:26 PM

Ravens parade.

























Flacco at Disneyland.




Rabscuttle 02-06-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3266501)
I actually like it a lot more. There is less black, which is good. It also looks a bit more vicious. I like how the spots and the ears have more definition, which makes it look more realistic. The only issue is something my friend pointed out is that it looks more like an ocelot than a jaguar.

Seems appropriate.

brat316 02-06-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3266485)
The Super Bowl is over, so we are officially in the offseason. Rather than people start threads on every single insignificant happening in the NFL, we should probably have those discussions in here.

So starting off, the Jags got a new logo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-new-team-logo

already a thread for the logo.

jrdrylie 02-06-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 3267914)
already a thread for the logo.

Yeah, this thread started before the Jags logo thread. And that is the exact kind of thing I was thinking could be discussed here.

Monomach 02-06-2013 10:26 PM



:jawdrop:

Jvig43 02-06-2013 10:48 PM

******* Stud.

Look at that smile.

Monomach 02-06-2013 10:54 PM

Look at that Flaccobrow!

Shreckart 02-06-2013 11:32 PM

No wonder he doesn't smile anymore.

Trogdor 02-07-2013 11:02 AM

Not sure where to drop this gem so here will work.

This about sums up the halftime performance at the Super Bowl.


killxswitch 02-07-2013 11:22 AM

I don't know about you guys but this is the worst time of the year for me. No football, holidays are over and there are no more days off for a while, ****ty weather, taxes, bleh. The combine needs to get here ASAP.

PackerLegend 02-07-2013 12:25 PM

I like taxes get some of my hard earned money I deserve back! It only blows because I don't get it all back. Already done and got my money in fact.

jrdrylie 02-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 3268282)
I like taxes get some of my hard earned money I deserve back! It only blows because I don't get it all back. Already done and got my money in fact.

I owe like $900 so I'm waiting until the last minute to do my taxes.

TheRubberDuck45 02-07-2013 02:05 PM

Apparently Jacksonville is getting a new video board which will be largest in the NFL.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-...3-b74a36a3bf8b

jrdrylie 02-07-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck45 (Post 3268374)
Apparently Jacksonville is getting a new video board which will be largest in the NFL.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-...3-b74a36a3bf8b

No they aren't. That is a pipe dream but that would be at least a $50 million investment ($100 million if they want two). The Jags just don't bring in enough revenue at this point to justify such an expenditure.

bigbluedefense 02-07-2013 02:43 PM

A big screen isn't gonna make those residents go to that stadium.

Fielding a competitive team however would. Seriously though, Jacksonville hasn't supported their franchise enough to justify having their team stay there. If any team goes to LA, it should be them before anyone else.

Cigaro 02-07-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3268422)
A big screen isn't gonna make those residents go to that stadium.

Fielding a competitive team however would. Seriously though, Jacksonville hasn't supported their franchise enough to justify having their team stay there. If any team goes to LA, it should be them before anyone else.

Can we please stop spreading this Jacksonville attendance myth?



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.