Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bucky Brooks' Top 5's (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55570)

Iamcanadian 02-06-2013 07:13 PM

Bucky Brooks' Top 5's
 
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...nsive-position

Ignore at your own risk, these NFL Network and .com scouts talk to GM's and their contacts in the scouting community all the time. They don't operate in a vacuum.
IMO, this provides us with an excellent starting point going into the combine followed by pro days and team workouts. Of course, every team won't have the exact same rankings depending on which type of offensive and defensive system they use.

JohnCandy 02-06-2013 07:55 PM

Fluker seems to be a player that is hated on more by us on the internet then the scouts and the guys who are in the media.

Sheldon Richardson getting some high praise.

The interior OL is interesting as Warmack and Cooper are 1-2 on every list then 3-6 is always different.

FUNBUNCHER 02-06-2013 08:09 PM

I hope Bucky Brooks made his lists based on conversations with GMs and scouts because I'm still not convinced he has any special draft acumen when it comes to evaluating prospects.

No real surprises.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 02-06-2013 09:38 PM

Leveon Bell 3rd runningback? I don't see anything special about him. I think he should be behind all the other guys listed.

Brown Leader 02-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3267905)
Leveon Bell 3rd runningback? I don't see anything special about him. I think he should be behind all the other guys listed.

240lbs and can move, catch, and block like that, is special.

Dacitykats 02-07-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3267836)
I hope Bucky Brooks made his lists based on conversations with GMs and scouts because I'm still not convinced he has any special draft acumen when it comes to evaluating prospects.

No real surprises.

he is a former scout for the seahawks and panthers.

BearTooth 02-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3267836)
I hope Bucky Brooks made his lists based on conversations with GMs and scouts because I'm still not convinced he has any special draft acumen when it comes to evaluating prospects.

There are far too many truly unqualified draft opinions floating around the internet to be fussing over Bucky Brooks' qualifications.

Lil Quip 02-07-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCandy (Post 3267824)
Fluker seems to be a player that is hated on more by us on the internet then the scouts and the guys who are in the media.

Sheldon Richardson getting some high praise.

The interior OL is interesting as Warmack and Cooper are 1-2 on every list then 3-6 is always different.

Every year it seems there is a college LT that everyone spouts about his deficiencies and the need to move him to RT or OG. Looks like Fluker might be that guy this year.

I remember the lazy assumption last year was that Cordy Glenn just wasn't built for NFL LT. Yet went through his lumps at the pre combine stuff as a LT.

Lo and behold despite the internet draft consensus, Glenn is a starting NFL LT as rookie. Granted we need a Bills fans to let us know is he is a NFL starting caliber LT.

Nastradamus 02-07-2013 02:09 PM

Glenn moves a lot better than Fluker though. I was never surprised that he stayed there

BearTooth 02-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Quip (Post 3268346)
Every year it seems there is a college LT that everyone spouts about his deficiencies and the need to move him to RT or OG. Looks like Fluker might be that guy this year.

I remember the lazy assumption last year was that Cordy Glenn just wasn't built for NFL LT. Yet went through his lumps at the pre combine stuff as a LT.

Lo and behold despite the internet draft consensus, Glenn is a starting NFL LT as rookie. Granted we need a Bills fans to let us know is he is a NFL starting caliber LT.

It was plain to see at the Senior Bowl that not only could Cordy Glenn play pretty well at left tackle, he absolutely could NOT play guard. He was terrible there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.