Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Let The Madness Begin (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55602)

Black Bolt 02-10-2013 09:15 AM

Let The Madness Begin

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/165100

- Floyd over Lotulelei for my Raiders. :lynched:

- As I first suggested, Patterson in the top ten.

- Three MLB in a row? Not going to happen.

- Menelik Watson in the first round!

- Hopkins over Allen?

- 49ers with back to back WR picks in the first round?

Nastradamus 02-10-2013 10:45 AM

I dig this mock. Its a little crazy, but things are bound to get shook up compared to what most mocks have right now. I think FLoyd has the potential to rise that high and I like that they have Werner and Moore dropping a bit. I don't hate either player, but they aren't top 5 guys.

Watson is a wildcard, I think he could sneak his way in after the combine, interviews etc.

Miaoww 02-10-2013 10:51 AM

I've got the Cowboys in a mock draft.

If it panned out like that I honestly wouldn't know what to do with the 18th pick.

katnip 02-10-2013 10:54 AM

Isn't Patterson the raw type? Still has to learn how to run routes, nuances? I thought I read that from someone on here.. Just thinking Stephen Hill

Halsey 02-10-2013 11:11 AM

Floyd to the Raiders in the top 3 feels like the next DT mega-bust.

Malaka 02-10-2013 11:24 AM

I just don't know how I feel about Alec Ogletree to the Giants. Looking at the board I guess I'd prefer Kevin Minter, but it wasn't an awful selection.

I just don't think Ogletree is a Giant type player or at the very least I cannot picture him in the uniform.

He's kind of undersized and kind of soft... that is not a good combination at all.

vidae 02-10-2013 11:45 AM

A+ mock as far as I'm concerned gents.

gpngc 02-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnip (Post 3270581)
Isn't Patterson the raw type? Still has to learn how to run routes, nuances? I thought I read that from someone on here.. Just thinking Stephen Hill

Don't. There is really no comparison between the two players or their college performances in any way.

T-RICH49 02-10-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3270604)
A+ mock as far as I'm concerned gents.

agreed.(10 char)

Raiderz4Life 02-10-2013 12:10 PM

I would prefer Star or Damontre tbh. God I really hope we trade down.

Black Bolt 02-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3270587)
Floyd to the Raiders in the top 3 feels like the next DT mega-bust.

It would be an unmitigated disaster. Thankfully it will not happen. This newbie needs to lay off the booze.

gonzo1105 02-10-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3270553)

- Hopkins over Allen?

Hopkins is better than Allen

gpngc 02-10-2013 02:07 PM

Allen is not going to run well.

Watson could go in the first - we've seen weirder things happen.

49ers could take anything.

Why do Raiders fans, whose team is desperate need of ANY defensive talent at any position, think they don't need a guy like Floyd (or Richardson)?

nobodyinparticular 02-10-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3270707)

Why do Raiders fans, whose team is desperate need of ANY defensive talent at any position, think they don't need a guy like Floyd (or Richardson)?

Yes, because the Raider fans here are saying they want to draft a WR instead of Sharrif Floyd.

That's just stupid. Most Raider fans here believe Floyd would fail with the Raiders and they need either an edge rusher like Moore/Jones/Mingo or a guy who will control the LOS like Star. The Raiders don't need an ultra-aggressive interior lineman, they need someone who will take up blockers. Especially as they move more to a 3-4 scheme.

gpngc 02-10-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3270721)
Yes, because the Raider fans here are saying they want to draft a WR instead of Sharrif Floyd.

That's just stupid. Most Raider fans here believe Floyd would fail with the Raiders and they need either an edge rusher like Moore/Jones/Mingo or a guy who will control the LOS like Star. The Raiders don't need an ultra-aggressive interior lineman, they need someone who will take up blockers. Especially as they move more to a 3-4 scheme.

So you're saying you play exclusively 2-gap and have no need for someone who can penetrate from the inside on passing downs?

EDIT: I'm semi-seriously asking the first question and being obviously facetious with the second.

Shupp 02-10-2013 02:52 PM

Best mock I have seen so far, every pick makes sense to me.

nobodyinparticular 02-10-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3270728)
So you're saying you play exclusively 2-gap and have no need for someone who can penetrate from the inside on passing downs?

EDIT: I'm semi-seriously asking the first question and being obviously facetious with the second.

I'm saying that's all the Raiders have right now. Kelly, Seymour, Bryant and Houston all fill that role. The Raiders have absolutely no one who can fill that 2-gap role. That's why they were so absolutely horrid against the run. Every damn DT they have wanted to get up field every play.

FUNBUNCHER 02-10-2013 03:29 PM

I would take Demontre Moore over Dion Jordan. More proven production.
Are the Eagles switch to a 34?? I think fancy pants Chip Kelly is going o-f-f-e-n-s-e with that first pick. I hope.

That's a fun mock IMO. Maybe.
I need to see official 40 times on the skill guys. I think more corners could go first round than were mocked.

Pit Bull #53 02-10-2013 03:57 PM

Wouldn't mind Warmack to Tennessee honestly, but I just don't see this team picking a guard in the top 10. Hoping for Richardson myself, perfect fit for us in my opinion.

gpngc 02-10-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3270763)
I'm saying that's all the Raiders have right now. Kelly, Seymour, Bryant and Houston all fill that role. The Raiders have absolutely no one who can fill that 2-gap role. That's why they were so absolutely horrid against the run. Every damn DT they have wanted to get up field every play.

I was under the impression that Houston would continue to play end and none of those other guys are locks to be back.

2-gap run cloggers are usually not difficult to find and are rarely top picks.

I think the main problem with your D was scheme and discipline, similar to the Bucs two years ago.

SunTzu_22 02-10-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3270553)

- Hopkins over Allen?

Meh. But isnīt it pretty standard for a lot of the draftnik pundits from the bigger sites (NFL.com, ESPN and CBS) to put out these slightly more unconventional mocks early in the proces? Makes good sense to me. Put out a couple of "weird" mocks early, and if some of those picks actually happends come april, you can point out how you made a bold prediction two months ago..

gpngc 02-10-2013 04:37 PM

Ours without any professional scouting, ties to the league, or experiences in war rooms with current GMs and decision makers are the weird mocks, especially with how cookie cutter the hivemind make the in Freakin February and with well over half of them done with little or no film study on many of the prospects they mock.

An ex scouts is not meh. Ours are meh.

SunTzu_22 02-10-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3270829)
Ours without any professional scouting, ties to the league, or experiences in war rooms with current GMs and decision makers are the weird mocks, especially with how cookie cutter the hivemind make the in Freakin February and with well over half of them done with little or no film study on many of the prospects they mock.

An ex scouts is not meh. Ours are meh.

The "Meh" part of my comment wasnt directed at the mock, but more the OPs reaction to it. I have no reason to think that Jeremiah doesnīt know what he is doing as a former scout.

SenorGato 02-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 3270594)
I just don't know how I feel about Alec Ogletree to the Giants. Looking at the board I guess I'd prefer Kevin Minter, but it wasn't an awful selection.

I just don't think Ogletree is a Giant type player or at the very least I cannot picture him in the uniform.

He's kind of undersized and kind of soft... that is not a good combination at all.

I'd take Ogletree over Minter.

Black Bolt 02-10-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3270707)

Because Raiders fans know that we have been in need of a true NT than can hold his position for a long time, not an overrated Warren Sapp stand in that can be blocked on on one.