Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Why Not Joeckel to Oakland? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55637)

Iamcanadian 02-13-2013 04:18 PM

Why Not Joeckel to Oakland?
 
Joeckel, IMO, is the top prospect in the draft, yet I rarely see anybody mock him to Oakland. When I look at Oakland's roster I just don't see much at LT which could explain their miserable offense.

Why do people think Oakland won't jump all over this guy if he is there with their pick? The position is #2 on offense after the QB and the draft is loaded with DLmen which can be had in the later rounds.

IMO, it is a no brainer that Oakland takes Joeckel but obviously, many people think otherwise, so I'm wondering why.

P-L 02-13-2013 04:25 PM

Because Jared Veldheer is a very good left tackle and they are absolutely desperate for help on the defensive side of the ball.

Black Bolt 02-13-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3273120)
Joeckel, IMO, is the top prospect in the draft, yet I rarely see anybody mock him to Oakland. When I look at Oakland's roster I just don't see much at LT which could explain their miserable offense.

Why do people think Oakland won't jump all over this guy if he is there with their pick? The position is #2 on offense after the QB and the draft is loaded with DLmen which can be had in the later rounds.

IMO, it is a no brainer that Oakland takes Joeckel but obviously, many people think otherwise, so I'm wondering why.

Because we have a very good LT who is young and making 3rd round money. LT is close to last on our needs. As far as positions to be had in the later rounds, than can be said about any position save for QB.

Raiderz4Life 02-13-2013 04:31 PM

Veldheer is our LT and he's good. He and Wiz are our two best OL so LT and C are not a need. OL wise OG and RT are needs but those aren't had in the top 3 and our defense is beyond piss poor.

mightytitan9 02-13-2013 04:56 PM

Oakland has too many needs to take a luxury pick. The O-Line isn't the problem

Monomach 02-13-2013 05:06 PM

Much the same reason that people aren't mocking an ILB to the niners.

Caulibflower 02-13-2013 05:41 PM

I happen not to be hugely impressed with Joekel. He's like a late-first to me. I've seen him get put on his ass a few times.

K Train 02-13-2013 05:44 PM

because they have bruce campbell obviously

Caulibflower 02-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3273210)
because they have bruce campbell obviously

He was (not really) playing for Carolina last year.

K Train 02-13-2013 05:47 PM

DAMN i thought i made a funny.

they should just move him to DE already since he knows what the tackles are thinking already....lol

NIN1984 02-13-2013 05:47 PM

PFF has Veldheer on the verge of elite status. He's a stud, he has improved in each season. Left tackle is not a need for Oakland whatsoever.

YAYareaRB 02-13-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3273213)
DAMN i thought i made a funny.

they should just move him to DE already since he knows what the tackles are thinking already....lol

lolz we're showing our NFLDC age with that joke

nobodyinparticular 02-13-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3273213)
DAMN i thought i made a funny.

they should just move him to DE already since he knows what the tackles are thinking already....lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 3273309)
lolz we're showing our NFLDC age with that joke

BAHAHAHA!!!

That joke just won't get old. I love it.

nobodyinparticular 02-13-2013 08:56 PM

I will echo exactly what everyone else has said regarding the Raiders' LT situation--they are more than set at LT with Jared Veldheer. He isn't Ryan Clady yet, but he's a dang good player already.

The Raiders have a black hole at LG, RG and RT. The only thing the Raiders don't need is a LT or a C.

And you don't draft a RT #3 overall when you have a dozen needs. That is akin to worrying about a bruised toe while someone has brain cancer, cirrhosis, heart disease and renal failure.

Razor 02-14-2013 03:15 AM

IMO the Raiders should consider drafting Chance Warmack. Not necessarily at 3, but after trading down. There's no QB worthy of their selction, and the defensive depth is great this year. Take advantage and give your offense a chance of producing. If they can get DMC going it'll give them a much needed spark on offense.

Black Bolt 02-14-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3273465)
IMO the Raiders should consider drafting Chance Warmack. Not necessarily at 3, but after trading down. There's no QB worthy of their selction, and the defensive depth is great this year. Take advantage and give your offense a chance of producing. If they can get DMC going it'll give them a much needed spark on offense.

Ha ha, for a second there I thought you were serious.

killxswitch 02-14-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3273477)
Ha ha, for a second there I thought you were serious.

I think he means in the draft, not for the Raiders.

Punisher 02-14-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 3273185)
Much the same reason that people aren't mocking an ILB to the niners.

Because the Oakland Raiders have the best Left Tackle in the league?

Monomach 02-14-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3273574)
Because the Oakland Raiders have the best Left Tackle in the league?

He's obviously not the best, but he's top ten.

ZoneMaster67 02-17-2013 12:50 PM

Much like everyone else has pointed out LT is not the problem for Oakland. If Oakland was smart they'd try to trade down to see if they can get another high pick cause they have a lot of needs to fill on both sides of the ball.

On offense I think their biggest need is to fill out their O-line. I think RT is the biggest need for them, I feel they have a decent group of potential guards on roster but none are stand-outs. Next position of need offensively would be WR/TE, depth is always a need they are both of those positions could use an upgrade.

On defense, I feel all three levels need to be upgraded.

fenikz 02-17-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3273574)
Because the Oakland Raiders have the best Left Tackle in the league?

implying Willis is better than Washington :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.