Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Will Make Money at Combine/ Combine Predictions (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55648)

mightytitan9 02-15-2013 11:23 AM

Who Will Make Money at Combine/ Combine Predictions
 
This thread is to say what players with question marks will make money, it also is to make predictions on who runs the fastest 40, benches the most etc.

Barkevious Mingo will make money if he weighs in over 250.
Dion Jordan makes money if he weighs in over 255.

Attyla the Hawk 02-15-2013 01:24 PM

Jesse Williams Breaks Paea's press record. First guy to break 50 and 60.
DeAndre Hopkins/Chris Harper if they break 4.5/40
Brandon Williams if he breaks 5.0/40

JohnCandy 02-15-2013 02:24 PM

D.J Fluker: you cannot teach what he is.

Stamper 02-15-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCandy (Post 3274288)
D.J Fluker: you cannot teach what he is.


Stamper 02-15-2013 02:39 PM

I think Kenny Vaccaro is going to have a Mark Barron type of rise.

Babylon 02-15-2013 02:49 PM

I think the QBs could get some seperation between themselves based on how they come across with their grasp of the position, the ability to make certain throws and their agility in some of the cone drills.

Barkley i guess will not throw and i wouldn't be surprised if Geno Smith does his Blaine Gabbert impersonation and doesn't throw either, so maybe it'll just fizzle into a whole lot of nothing.

mightytitan9 02-15-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3274317)
I think the QBs could get some seperation between themselves based on how they come across with their grasp of the position, the ability to make certain throws and their agility in some of the cone drills.

Barkley i guess will not throw and i wouldn't be surprised if Geno Smith does his Blaine Gabbert impersonation and doesn't throw either, so maybe it'll just fizzle into a whole lot of nothing.

Geno Smith has been reported as saying he will throw at the combine

Black Bolt 02-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3274173)
This thread is to say what players with question marks will make money, it also is to make predictions on who runs the fastest 40, benches the most etc.

Barkevious Mingo will make money if he weighs in over 250.
Dion Jordan makes money if he weighs in over 255.

Why would that make them money? Everyone expects them to gain weight before their first action as pros anyway.

mightytitan9 02-15-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3274323)
Why would that make them money? Everyone expects them to gain weight before their first action as pros anyway.

If Mingo comes in at 250 with muscle he can project to more teams at 43 DE because they can invision him adding more muscle. If he comes in looking slower at 250 then he's pretty much stuck to a pass rusher role or a 34 backer or maybe even 43 backer role.

Jordan on the other hand right now is likely more a 3-4 or 43 OLB. If he can come in at about 255 he can project to 43 DE. Jordan has reportedly had a lot of problem adding weight, only adding around 10-15 pounds since being asked to move to TE. He reportedly weighed around 235 last season, he'd get little to no consideration at 43 DE in that scenario.

Trust me, for guys that have questions about beng too small, it's always a good thing when they show up bigger.

holt_bruce81 02-15-2013 03:04 PM

Sheldon Richardson. Dude is a great athlete.

ArkyRamsFan 02-15-2013 03:40 PM

I'm hearing more and more positive things about Kawann Short. He had an impressive Senior Bowl week and if he can follow it up by smoking the Combine he can really move up the boards.

Maybe even to the Rams at pick 22......:banana:

Babylon 02-15-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan (Post 3274374)
I'm hearing more and more positive things about Kawann Short. He had an impressive Senior Bowl week and if he can follow it up by smoking the Combine he can really move up the boards.

Maybe even to the Rams at pick 22......:banana:


The Rams have sunk a lot of high picks into that line so i don't see them going there early. A speed outside backer wouldn't shock me though.

ArkyRamsFan 02-15-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3274389)
The Rams have sunk a lot of high picks into that line so i don't see them going there early. A speed outside backer wouldn't shock me though.

I don't think Fish and Snead care what the prior regime did as far as picks in the D line. If they think that a Short or Sheldon Richardson are worth it they will make the pick.

We are talking about Jeff Fisher after all...

BTW an OLB makes perfect sense, especially in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Rams look for an Arthur Brown or Kaseem Greene. Both guys would fit our system well.


WHAT SAY YE?

farfromforgotten 02-15-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 (Post 3274339)
Sheldon Richardson. Dude is a great athlete.

I agree with this. And the guy that said Vaccaro.

mightytitan9 02-15-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan (Post 3274417)
I don't think Fish and Snead care what the prior regime did as far as picks in the D line. If they think that a Short or Sheldon Richardson are worth it they will make the pick.

We are talking about Jeff Fisher after all...

Jeff Fisher isn't afraid to take D-Lineman in the first, as he's think they're some of the safer picks.

With that said, he really values getting those D-Lineman in the 3rd and 4th rounders.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him take a D-Lineman somewhere, but he loves to have both lines of the ball solidified, so I think he'd likely go OL before DLine

SunTzu_22 02-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper (Post 3274303)

Seems like Fluker found his future babys mama.. Good for him.

josh07039 02-15-2013 08:30 PM

Obviously Im biased, but I think Khaseem Greene is going to have a really good showing. Speed, explosion, etc should be really good.

marks01234 02-15-2013 08:46 PM

Mike Glennon

He's going excel in the throwing portion.

It could get interesting when he runs the 40.

eliasrapp98 02-15-2013 09:01 PM

Matt Brown, RB, Temple will run a 4.29 40 and will get into rounds 6-7.

descendency 02-15-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marks01234 (Post 3274544)
Mike Glennon

He's going excel in the throwing portion.

It could get interesting when he runs the 40.

Glennon's money will be made behind closed doors. His interviews are what are going to make him shoot up boards.

As long as he out runs what Tom Brady did, I think he'll be fine.

edit: I'm also not so sure Glennon is going to make money in the throwing portion. Mechanically, he has things to work on (like footwork) that cause him to throw a less than perfect ball. He could absolutely sling it and wow coaches, but I have a feeling that he's going to be his usual up and down self.

Also being 6'7" will concern some coaches. It may be stupid, but the second best QB at 6'6" or bigger might be Derek Anderson... of all time. Yeah, there have been virtually no QBs at 6'6" or bigger to really be successful. Flacco is a freak in a league full of freaks.

Nastradamus 02-15-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh07039 (Post 3274538)
Obviously Im biased, but I think Khaseem Greene is going to have a really good showing. Speed, explosion, etc should be really good.

I love Greene, but I think the combine will only hurt him.

marks01234 02-16-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3274556)
Glennon's money will be made behind closed doors. His interviews are what are going to make him shoot up boards.

As long as he out runs what Tom Brady did, I think he'll be fine.

edit: I'm also not so sure Glennon is going to make money in the throwing portion. Mechanically, he has things to work on (like footwork) that cause him to throw a less than perfect ball. He could absolutely sling it and wow coaches, but I have a feeling that he's going to be his usual up and down self.

Also being 6'7" will concern some coaches. It may be stupid, but the second best QB at 6'6" or bigger might be Derek Anderson... of all time. Yeah, there have been virtually no QBs at 6'6" or bigger to really be successful. Flacco is a freak in a league full of freaks.

Glennon will impress in both areas IMO.

Glennon was reportedly the most impressive of all the college QB's at the Manning Passing Academy last summer. His footwork will be fine during drills and he's going to showcase his elite arm strength. Only question for me will his deep ball accuracy which at times is lacking.

The guy is just tailor made for the combine throwing session.

His height doesn't bother me. Derek Anderson wasn't successful in the NFL due to his accuracy and decision making - not his height and huge frame. Anderson played like he was 6'3" anyway - with a low release point. Heck we are a few years removed from the desire to have the tallest QB possible.

SunTzu_22 02-16-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastradamus (Post 3274567)
I love Greene, but I think the combine will only hurt him.

Why do you think that?

nepg 02-16-2013 10:13 AM

Not sure how much further up the boards he can go, but I think Ogletree in shorts could put on a performance at the combine.

Also, if Eric Reid runs a decent 40, he'll jump way up.

Some RB will run a ridiculous speed and shoot up the boards. Not sure who, though. I'll go with Gillislee since he has the potential to and I have him pegged with Franklin as the two that will be the best out of this class (outside of Lattimore getting healthy).

Nastradamus 02-16-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 (Post 3274667)
Why do you think that?

I don't think his timed speed or quick twitch athleticism is special. I think he looks good on tape because of his football IQ and instincts. I don't think he's a terrible athlete, I just think he's a guy who's combine numbers won't jump out at you in any way and won't tell the full story on how good he is.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.