Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Draft Voting Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55658)

OSUGiants17 02-16-2013 05:14 PM

NFL Draft Voting Thread

We recently conducted an NFL Draft in the fantasy section of the forum. The purpose was to draft the best team over the course of the next 3 years. Please vote for who you feel would be the best team over a 3 year span(if you were in the draft, don't vote for your own team):

N:

Brooklyn Football Dodgers:

Kansas City Kings:

Baltimore Brees:

Arizona Transformers:

The Mighty's:

Chicago Cocks:

San Francisco Seamen:

MJRP:

Huntsville Stud Muffins:

SCDP:

OSUGiants17 02-16-2013 05:15 PM

I can only include 10 teams in the poll so all votes for the Stud Muffins or SCDP must be posted here!

TACKLE 02-16-2013 05:24 PM

Trying to sabatoge me I see by keeping me off the poll. :P

You also forgot to include Deep's team.

OSUGiants17 02-16-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 3274873)
Trying to sabatoge me I see by keeping me off the poll. :P

You also forgot to include Deep's team.

Yea sorry you were the last post in the team thread and I couldn't fit all 12 lol

Also, Deep never posted his team so I will either A try and see if I missed it or B put it together for him ASAP.

vidae 02-16-2013 05:36 PM

I vote for SCDP.

WCH 02-16-2013 05:37 PM

Ooops...I voted for the transformers before I read the teams, because I didn't think this was a real thing. That is a nice looking squad, though.

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 05:59 PM

Please Note This Is For The Next 3 Years!

OSUGiants17 02-16-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3274893)
Please Note This Is For The Next 3 Years!

please note you can't vote for your own team

farfromforgotten 02-16-2013 06:01 PM

N and SCDP both look really strong to me. I wanted to like MJRP... but that receiving core is very meh. I haven't voted yet.

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3274894)
please note you can't vote for your own team

Well, I just voted for the best team.

Either way just subtract one from my final score no big deal

coordinator0 02-16-2013 06:21 PM

I gotta go with SCDP.

bored of education 02-17-2013 12:31 PM

SCDP and it aint close bros

mightytitan9 02-17-2013 12:40 PM

I don't think people are really thinking this out very well. Will some of these players even be close to themselves in 3 years? I don't think a few will.

Then there's so many players that haven't proven anything in the nfl that I think people are overrating due to them being good prospects.

Then some people changed players position, which is great in theory but many wouldn't play at the same level at a different position. Many of these defenses would have major liabilities and many of the offensive lines would as well

OSUGiants17 02-17-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3275122)
I don't think people are really thinking this out very well. Will some of these players even be close to themselves in 3 years? I don't think a few will.

Then there's so many players that haven't proven anything in the nfl that I think people are overrating due to them being good prospects.

Then some people changed players position, which is great in theory but many wouldn't play at the same level at a different position. Many of these defenses would have major liabilities and many of the offensive lines would as well

All I heard was "weh weh weh nobody is voting for my ****** team but me"

EDIT: If you're referring to the Transformers they are a young team that has maybe 2 guys changing positions and it's not a big change either.

mightytitan9 02-17-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3275165)
All I heard was "weh weh weh nobody is voting for my ****** team but me"

Yeah, that doesn't really matter to me. I know my team is good, I could pick apart any of these teams based on weaknesses, including my own

prock 02-17-2013 02:12 PM

I thought it was a pretty easy pick to vote for the Transformers. The Seamen and MJRP were the only other teams I even considered. Case and point, fenikz raped all of you noobs.

mightytitan9 02-17-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prock (Post 3275179)
I thought it was a pretty easy pick to vote for the Transformers. The Seamen and MJRP were the only other teams I even considered. Case and point, fenikz raped all of you noobs.

You're other considerations make me laugh. Thanks for the laugh

prock 02-17-2013 02:25 PM

Butthurt much??

mightytitan9 02-17-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prock (Post 3275186)
Butthurt much??

Not at all, what you think makes a good team I find very humorous is all

OSUGiants17 02-17-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3275189)
Not at all, what you think makes a good team I find very humorous is all

please, give us your breakdown then of the other teams and show us why your team is so superior. Also, if people not voting for you isn't what bothers you then what does? You're complaining about who they vote for, but if it's not that they aren't voting for you then who should they vote for? You said you think you have the best team, so who else do you think they should vote for?

OSUGiants17 02-17-2013 02:47 PM

If I were to rank the top 5 teams I would say:
1. Transformers
2. SCDP
3. Seamen
4. N
5. MJRP

mightytitan9 02-17-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3275199)
please, give us your breakdown then of the other teams and show us why your team is so superior. Also, if people not voting for you isn't what bothers you then what does? You're complaining about who they vote for, but if it's not that they aren't voting for you then who should they vote for? You said you think you have the best team, so who else do you think they should vote for?

It doesn't bother me at all, I did this for fun. There's no way to determine who truly wins and who loses. In 3 years, I think my team will be the best. But there's no way to tell that except in 3 years if we decide to revisit the thread.

I stand by that I think I have the best team, but to say the only two others he would consider was Seamen and MJRP was a very humorous statement.

At this point, MJRP has one halfway legitimate receiving threat. The offensive line is average at best. Led by one of the most overrated players in the NFL in Eric Winston who has given up over 23 sacks the past 3 years. On D, Anthony Spencer isn't a SLB and Eric Weddle isn't a SS. Sure it looks good on paper, and on madden it might work but in real life things like this do not. If SC means slot corner, then McCourty there is a fail as well.

For the Seamen, the O-Line is again a problem, led again by RT Bulaga and RG Urbik. Tim Jennings is a smaller CB better at Cover 2 and Zone, but the safety combination would be better with a man-zone scheme in my opinion.

I think the pass rush, along with how the DBs are set up on both teams, would lead to problems in real life

Brown Leader 02-17-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 3275115)
SCDP and it aint close bros

^ SCDP. (10)

fenikz 02-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prock (Post 3275179)

truth.

and it should be Optimus Prime vs. Megatron or something, just used the picture because I selected Calvin Johnson & Richard Sherman 1/2

Monomach 02-17-2013 04:36 PM

I thought Transformers was the easy pick.