Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bed-ridden Sunday 2/17 Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55661)

Robcards 02-17-2013 12:59 PM

Bed-ridden Sunday 2/17 Mock

I've been avoiding any mocks for a while now since the top 10 and QB hierarchy is completely up in the air at this point. But I'm sick in bed with nothing to do so here goes:

1. KC - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A & M
Really a horrific spot for the Chiefs. They should probably tag Albert in normal circumstances and keep him at LT for one more year but the combination of no clear #1 QB, and no other stud at a position of need, they simply take the BPA here which is Joeckel as it turns out. Too lazy to look at Hali's contract but IIRC he's locked up for a while, and with Houston playing well on the other side theres no reason to go Werner or Moore here. Milliner's stock has been falling and I think Rhodes may surpass him as the #1 corner, but neither is even close to worthy of this pick. They are likely shopping this pick hard until their clock runs out on draft day.

2. JAC - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah
Would fit the scheme for Gus Bradley pretty well and can line up in a few spots on the line. DE is a bigger need but it sounds like Babin is in the team's plans for this season at least so I'd expect Lotuleilei to be higher on his board than Werner, but Werner would make plenty of sense as well.

3. OAK - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State
Raiders have needs at pretty much every position, so they should probably try to trade back to accumulate picks like the Rams did last draft, but without much of a market for the top picks this year, they simply have to just take BPA.

4. PHI - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
I seriously considered just giving up on the whole mock at this point. None of the BPA picks here make any sense for the Eagles, also considered Warmack but man 4 would be ridiculous for a guard even one as elite as Warmack, but I think this could be the year we see a guard taken higher than ever as the top of this draft is just not strong at all. This is another team that should obviously be trying to trade back, as I don't think either Milliner or Rhodes are top 5 worthy, but oh well.

5. DET - Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A & M
Really hope this doesn't end up happening as I've been wanting Moore to the Jets since September, but we'll see how it all shakes out. I'm not sure what to make of the report that a lot of scouts don't view Moore as a 1st round pick, as I don't see what would cause them to think that. He is in my mind the best pure pass rusher in the class.

6. CLE - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
Another guy who is all over the place on many boards, I think the health issues will not cause him to fall that far, and Cleveland has a huge need at the SAM spot in their new 3-4 and Jones would be a perfect fit for that position.

7. ARI - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
Fisher has clearly been on the rise and there is no doubt that aside from QB, LT is the Cardinals biggest need so I didn't need to think too hard about this one.

8. BUF - Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
I'm a little worried that I almost entirely agree with Mayock's QB and WR rankings, but I've been saying Cordarelle will go 1st out of the WRs in this class and I'm not changing my mind just because someone I vehemently disagree with regularly agrees with me this time.

9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
Not the greatest pick but what choice do the Jets have? Pretty much need to draft a bunch of boom or bust guys and have them boom to do anything in the next few years. Tannenbaum has crippled the team in terms of talent as we have none at safety, rush linebackers, qb rb and te.

10. TEN - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
I would be okay with the Jets taking Warmack as well. 9-10 is indeed super high for a guard, but the top of this draft is weak enough that I don't see Warmack lasting long.

11. SD - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
Another team with no shortage of needs, Milliner would fill one and likely be BPA at this point if he makes it this far.

12. MIA - Keenan Allen - WR - California
Not really buying into the buzz going around that his stock is falling, I think he will still be the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board in April. Think he'd be a good fit in a west coast offense as well, great at picking up YAC.

13. TB - Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida
I am not sure how good Roy Miller is, but I don't think DT would be out of the question for the Bucs and Floyd's stock has been rising fast since he declared so don't see him making it out of the top 15.

14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
Obviously 13 and 14 can be swapped, I've read multiple reports that have Floyd higher or Richardson higher, the combine will go far in separating these 2 very similar pass-rushing 4-3 DTs.

15. NO - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
Jenkins and Harper graded out as pro football focus' worst two safeties in the league last year, so with Jenkins in his final year of his rookie contract and Harper likely to be released this pick would make a lot of sense.

16. STL - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
Another big riser throughout the evaluation process, he could start at the right side and evolve into a LT eventually.

17. PIT - Jesse Williams - NT - Alabama
Really have not heard anything at all about this guy, except he's on many prospect rankings as a projected 1st round pick. Maybe the fact that theres no buzz on him could be a good thing, as there is no negative buzz either. Hampton is as good as gone in Pittsburgh and the NT they drafted last year to succeed him Ta'amu has been an absolute disaster.

18. DAL - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
With Anthony Spencer unlikely to be resigned, that leaves Kyle Wilber or Tyrone Crawford to start at LE, considering a 4-3 front usually rotates DEs in and out and has some formations with 4 DEs anyway, I don't think they pass up on Ansah here.

19. NYG - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
DEs are obviously the backbone of the Giants' scheme and with Tuck entering the final year of his contract and Osi likely on his way out, they could use some new talent at the position, also likely BPA here.

20. KC (proj. trade with CHI) - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
The top 3 LT prospects are off the board and all of the QBs are still on the board so the Chiefs likely send the 1st pick of the 3rd round and 2nd pick of the 2nd round to the Bears in exchange for this pick. They can afford to give up the 3rd as they are likely to get a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for losing Brandon Carr.

21. CIN - Matt Elam - S - Florida
The Bengals don't always necessarily draft the BPA and do tend to let their needs dictate who they pick, and assuming they come to terms with Michael Johnson or at least tag him, SS would be their biggest need.

22. STL (from WAS) - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
I don't necessarily think that Hopkins is the 3rd best WR in this class, but Givens is their smaller slot and downfield threat receiver so Tavon Austin wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

23. MIN - Terrance Williams - WR - Baylor
It does not sound like Percy Harvin is in the teams long-term plans, and Jarius Wright seems to be the successor as the slot guy so again Tavon Austin wouldn't make much sense here.

24. IND - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
Robert Mathis would move to the weak-side pass rush spot and Jordan would become the SAM backer in the 3-4, which is where Jordan's skillset best projects.

25. SEA - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
The Seahawks do not have many needs but RT is definitely a big one. This is assuming of course that James Carpenter hasn't soured them on Alabama linemen.

26. GB - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama
Above and beyond their biggest need. When DaJuan Harris is your current favorite to be the starter next season you know it's a dire situation. Even if it is a bit of a reach, don't think the Packers have enough needs to justify trading back, just lock up the #1 RB in the draft.

27. HOU - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
An absolute steal if he is there at 27 for the Texans, but could happen as a lot of the WR needy teams already have a slot guy in place.

28. DEN - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
Derek Wolfe would kick inside to DT and Jones would assume the role at LE.

29. NE - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
Slightly depends on what happens with Talib, but even if he gets tagged or re-signed, they could use another solid corner.

30. ATL - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
Actually starting to lean away from mocking 1st round TE to the Falcons now, while Ertz or Fleener would certainly be good value and fill a big need, I think pass rushers are of more value to the Falcons.

31. SF - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
Not many needs for the niners, but you can never have too many corners and I like the value of Banks in this spot.

32. BAL - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
The ridiculous lennay situation aside, Te'o is likely still the best ILB prospect in the draft and has leadership qualities that the Ravens are going to need after losing Ray and Ed Reed.

Going back to sleep so no round 2 for me

Menardo75 02-17-2013 01:22 PM

Banks is a good pick for the Niners.

proshoota25 02-17-2013 01:32 PM

solid pats pick. i'd prefer banks over trufant though

TimmG6376 02-17-2013 01:51 PM

Not going to deny the lack of talent at RB but not sure I trust Lacy behind our OL. Also still not convinced that Thompson will spend a 1st at RB.

SickwithIt1010 02-17-2013 01:55 PM

Rhodes at 4? Its likely we can get him in the 2nd....what the hell?

Jarvis, Moore, Fischer, Warmack....all much better picks.

BallerT1215 02-17-2013 02:01 PM

Patterson is from Tenn.

Would take, not thrilled, but would take him I guess @ 8.

Razor 02-17-2013 02:37 PM

I like Trufant for the Pats.

SoCalBam 02-17-2013 03:08 PM

Give KC Star under that scenario. OT is not a need.

T-RICH49 02-17-2013 03:29 PM

just stop with this horrendous Joeckel garbage.Undder NO circumstances will he be a Chief

Pat Sims 90 02-17-2013 03:38 PM

Elam is a reach in the 1st round. The Bengals don't reach in the 1st round.

Robcards 02-17-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3275232)
just stop with this horrendous Joeckel garbage.Undder NO circumstances will he be a Chief

He's the favorite right now how can you say that? He's the consensus best player, Chiefs have the #1 pick, and no one is interested in trading much of anything for that pick. You're really off base with this statement...

Cigaro 02-17-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3275137)
14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
Obviously 13 and 14 can be swapped, I've read multiple reports that have Floyd higher or Richardson higher, the combine will go far in separating these 2 very similar pass-rushing 4-3 DTs.

Which is not the type of DT we need.

Robcards 02-17-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3275173)
Rhodes at 4? Its likely we can get him in the 2nd....what the hell?

Jarvis, Moore, Fischer, Warmack....all much better picks.

If Xavier Rhodes is not taken in the 1st round, you will never see me post another mock draft again. How's that? He is the best corner in this draft. The Eagles roster is full of pass rushers I really don't see how Jones and Moore would fit when you already have 3 legit guys competing for the OLB spot opposite Cole, why do you think they cut Babin?

SickwithIt1010 02-17-2013 05:20 PM

They are worth the pick and Rhodes is not. While I am very fond of Rhodes and would love him in an Eagles uniform he isn't going top 10. Cole is a question mark going into the season, no one knows if he will fit in the 3-4, while guys like Jarvis and Moore are built for the position.

eliasrapp98 02-17-2013 05:27 PM

Terrible for the eagles. This should be deleted...

Robcards 02-17-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3275301)
They are worth the pick and Rhodes is not. While I am very fond of Rhodes and would love him in an Eagles uniform he isn't going top 10. Cole is a question mark going into the season, no one knows if he will fit in the 3-4, while guys like Jarvis and Moore are built for the position.

Yeah go ahead and get rid of a guy you just locked up for 5 years, as a Jets fan I can tell you how easy that is... *eyeroll* if cole can't play olb in the 3-4 the Eagles are just as screwed as the Jets are because we gave one of those contract extensions to someone who cant play QB

ChicagoBearsVet23 02-17-2013 06:05 PM

I'll take that trade

Robcards 02-17-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliasrapp98 (Post 3275307)
Terrible for the eagles. This should be deleted...

Rhodes > Milliner. That's my belief and its becoming the belief of many in the NFL so I'd be shocked at this point if Milliner is taken before Rhodes.

SickwithIt1010 02-17-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3275331)
Rhodes > Milliner. That's my belief and its becoming the belief of many in the NFL so I'd be shocked at this point if Milliner is taken before Rhodes.

Hes not worth a top 5 pick....period.

Robcards 02-17-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3275333)
Hes not worth a top 5 pick....period.

No one in the 2013 draft is worth a top 5 pick, to be fair.

Cigaro 02-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3275331)

According to?

SuperPacker 02-17-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3275295)
If Xavier Rhodes is not taken in the 1st round, you will never see me post another mock draft again. How's that? He is the best corner in this draft. The Eagles roster is full of pass rushers I really don't see how Jones and Moore would fit when you already have 3 legit guys competing for the OLB spot opposite Cole, why do you think they cut Babin?

Can we change it to, if Rhodes isn't taken in the 1st round, you will never post on this forum again? I like that more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3275346)
According to?

According to Robcards...duh!

CJSchneider 02-17-2013 07:10 PM

I certainly won't say the pick would not make a lot of sense, but I don't see NO making that pick when OLB seems to be such a bigger need. Give us Monty, Ansah, or Jordan instead.

Robcards 02-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3275384)
I certainly won't say the pick would not make a lot of sense, but I don't see NO making that pick when OLB seems to be such a bigger need. Give us Monty, Ansah, or Jordan instead.

Ansah is not really a good fit at 3-4 OLB fyi, he's more of a 4-3 LE, if theres a position he'd fit in a 3-4 its at DE not standing up. Just not a fan of Dion Jordan either, I don't see how he goes in the top 15 he just isn't worth that high of a pick, he wouldn't be that big of an upgrade over Martez Wilson and Junior Gallette honestly

coordinator0 02-17-2013 08:37 PM

I prefer Minter or Brown but Te'o is far from a bad pick for the Ravens.