gpngc Mock 2-18-13 (3 Rounds and Trades)
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS PLEASE:
- Who listed as a top-3 round pick has no chance to actually be selected there because you've seen him play at least twice and he's just DeMarcus Love-level bad and may be drafted, but is not very good. It is not helpful for you to say 'that's a reach' if you've never seen the guy play and are just going off lists...
- What under-the-radar guys have a chance to be Jonas Mouton/Tavon Wilson/Michael Mitchell this year? Not really looking for big names. Whose film should I watch and be like - oh yeah someone's taking him in the 2nd or 3rd.
- Is there a glaring omission?
- Which TEs, OL, LBs, DL, and CBs have a chance to be 2nd or 3rd rounders that I skipped over?
PHI Gives: No. 4, Nick Foles, 4th
KC Gives: No. 1
ARI Gives: No. 7, 3rd
KC Gives: No. 4
TB Gives: No. 13, 3rd
NYJ Gives: No. 9
KC Gives: No. 34, 3rd
SEA Gives: No. 25, 6th
01. PHI f/Kansas City: Jarvis Jones
02. Jacksonville: Sharrif Floyd
03. Oakland: Star Lotulelei
04. ARI f/KC f/Philadelphia: Luke Joeckel
05. Detroit: Kenny Vaccaro
06. Cleveland: Ezekial Ansah
07. KC f/PHI f/Arizona: Chance Warmack
08. Buffalo: Cordarrelle Patterson
09. TB f/New York Jets: Dee Milliner
10. Tennessee: Sheldon Richardson
11. San Diego: Eric Fisher
12. Miami: DeAndre Hopkins
13. NYJ f/Tampa Bay: Dion Jordan
14. Carollina: Jonathan Banks
15. New Orleans: Damontre Moore
16. St. Louis: Lane Johnson
17. Pittsburgh: Jonathan Hankins
18. Dallas: D.J. Fluker
19. New York Giants: Tyler Eifert
20. Chicago: Jonathan Cooper
21. Cincinnati: Eddie Lacy
22. St. Louis (f/WAS): Tavon Austin
23. Minnesota: Bjoern Werner
24. Indianapolis: Barkevious Mingo
25. KC f/Seattle: Tyler Wilson
26. Green Bay: Xavier Rhodes
27. Houston: Justin Hunter
28. Denver: Desmond Trufant
29. New England: Quinton Patton
30. Atlanta: Tank Carradine
31. San Francisco: Margus Hunt
32. Baltimore: Sylvester Williams
33. Jacksonville: Geno Smith
34. SEA f/Kansas City: Alec Ogletree
35. Philadelphia: Jesse Williams
36. Detroit: Datone Jones
37. Cincinnati (f/OAK): Kevin Minter
38. Arizona: Matt Barkley
39. New York Jets: D.J. Swearinger
40. Tennessee: Jonathan Cyprien
41. Buffalo: Ryan Nassib
42. Miami: Zach Ertz
43. Tampa Bay: Sam Montgomery
44. Carolina: Terrance Williams
--. New Orleans
45. San Diego: John Jenkins
46. St. Louis: Matt Elam
47. Dallas: Brandon Williams
48. Pittsburgh: Keenan Allen
49. New York Giants: Menelik Watson
50. Chicago: Markus Wheaton
51. Washington: Aaron Dobson
52. Minnesota: Stedman Bailey
53. Cincinnati: Arthur Brown
54. Miami (f/IND): Robert Alford
55. Green Bay: Chase Thomas
56. Seattle: Da'Rick Rodgers
57. Houston: David Amerson
58. Denver: Kawaan Short
59. New England: Jordan Poyer
60. Atlanta: Alex Okafor
61. San Francisco: Jamar Taylor
62. Baltimore: Robert Woods
63. SEA f/Kansas City: Tryann Matheiu
64. Jacksonville: Tharold Simon
65. Detroit: Giovanni Bernard
66. Oakland: Manti Te'o
67. Philadelphia: Blidi Wreh-Wilson
68. Cleveland: Mike Glennon
69. KC f/Arizona: Logan Ryan
70. Tennessee: Travis Frederick
71. Buffalo: Shane Skov
72. New York Jets: Larry Warford
73. NYJ f/Tampa Bay: Marcus Lattimore
74. San Francisco (f/CAR): Chase Thomas
75. New Orleans: Darius Slay
76. San Diego: Will Davis
77. Miami: Brandon Jenkins
78. St. Louis: Kasheem Greene
79. Pittsburgh: Marc Anthony
80. Dallas: Barrett Jones
81. New York Giants: Cornelius Washington
82. Miami: Ryan Swope
83. Minnesota: Josh Boyd
84. Cincinnati: J.J. Wilcox
85. Washington: Leon McFadden
86. Indianapolis: Sio Moore
87. Seattle: Devin Taylor
88. Green Bay: Joseph Randle
89. Houston: Tony Jefferson
90. Denver: Le'Veon Bell
91. New England: Bennie Logan
92. Atlanta: Gavin Escobar
93. San Francisco: Baccari Rambo
94. Baltimore: Eric Reid
Ummm what? While Jarvis is IMO the best player in the draft...I see it very unlikely that he actually goes number 1 with his condition.
And if he is, it would be a shock if he lasted to 9 so...
Damontre Moore? Really? Mingo over Moore and this draft...ugh.
But the scenario is as follows:
KC wants to move down and is willing to trade No. 1 for less than history tells us it's worth, considering the unusual draft class and unprecedented situation.
The Raiders, Jags, Lions, and Cards all of interest to move up to No. 1 but none of them are willing to give up more than a 3 or 4 so they play hard ball. Chiefs don't care - they really want to move down and take their No. 1 target Warmack, so make the deal with the Eagles even though the Eagles aren't giving up a king's ransom. Both sides are happy, all things considered. Chiefs couldn't get a better deal and Eagles move up to get their No. 1 player - hopefully defense-changing player.
I don't think it's that far-fetched.
Mingo is not as highly regarded as we think. That's pretty obvious. If his combine numbers aren't amazing, he's a late-first, early-2nd. This is coming from me studying his game (and lack of impact for the majority of 2012) and a bunch of tweets and reports from those in the know.
At this point I'd be surprised if Mingo was taken at 15 or earlier...
Yeah, the top of this draft is a little shaky IMO. I don't think the top pick would be involved in a Foles trade (though I do think Foles to KC will happen). Jarvis strikes me as a possible faller more so than a potential #1.
Also, I think you could swap Okafor and Escobar and Atlanta's mock would be exactly the same, but more realistic.
Te'o will not fall past the Bears 2nd round pick. I guarantee that.
That's not a very good Baltimore draft considering who's still on the board for their first couple of picks. Like I said in your other mock thread I would be surprised to see them go with a DT/DE early on (or at all really) and with Minter, Brown, and Te'o all on the board they would all be a much better pick. Depending on how free agency works out Keenan Allen would be better too. I get that's why you gave them Woods in the second round but with Te'o still on the board after not addressing ILB in the first round it's not good. I'm not a fan of Reid at all for a center fielder type of role but he wouldn't be bad in the third round.
No QB's in round 1? Yeah ok.
Dig the Vikings mock. Werner falling that far is awesome.
You forgot to draft for SF...lol
Jones and Floyd going 1-2 is so hurtful. I might...might roll the dice on Dion Jordan there now that Mayock has given him his seal of approval. A trade down would be so much better, though.
Any one of these guys would be better and safer, imo.
I Don't think Joeckel is a 3rd better than Fisher and AZ has too many holes to throw away picks
Terrible draft for sf all around ugh.
Well ok now we talkin!
Weird moving around for KC, but I will say that I just don't think OG is a need. Yes, Allen was bad last year, but he was a rookie, and he was a high second round pick. I doubt they'd completely give up on him already.
The other picks are solid though. It's just a lot of moving around which I don't see being realistic.
New regime in KC. Impossible to predict what they'll do.
I actually like the trades & picks for KC.
2 Alabama O-Lineman?
While interesting and plausible (we really need 4 new starters on the OL), Barrett could solve our center issues, or at the least kick outside to guard and try to pick up our run game, while Fluker would take over for Free.
I just don't see Dallas spending 2 of the first 3 picks on the OL. Really, I'd love to see our first spent on OL, but I'm not even sure that's going to happen.
With the players available, I'd go with:
1st: Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU (Assuming we don't keep Spencer)
2nd: Kawaan Short, DT, PUR (Better than Williams)
3rd: Barrett Jones, OC, ALA (I'll stick with your choice here)
EDIT: Off the top of my head, one CB I think is missing is DJ Hayden out of Houston, but I'm like the only person that's high on him. Also thinking that several players are listed a little too low - Wreh-Wilson stands out to me.
Good 1st round pick for the Colts getting Mingo.
In the 3rd though, give them SS Phillip Thomas.
Moore is an awesome pick but barrett jones is too much value for the saints to pass
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.