Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mayock's Positional rankings and Gil Brandt's top 100 just came out (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55681)

Iamcanadian 02-19-2013 09:52 AM

Mayock's Positional rankings and Gil Brandt's top 100 just came out
 
No doubt they are just their preliminary rankings which will be completely updated after the combine.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...2013-nfl-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...best-prospects

bornnraisedwhodat 02-19-2013 10:37 AM

Im not the type of guy to say "so and so is clueless!!" and stuff like that. These guys have decades of experience.

But Gil Brant seems to not even really be evaluating anymore. He said Sheldon Richardson "needs to work harder" on the field. WTH? Richardson has one of the highest motors of any DT I've seen in a long time. The guy is litereally everywhere on the field!

Either Gil got his evals mixed up with another player, or he didnt even bother to watch even a snippet of Richardson.

Leon Sandcastle 02-19-2013 10:41 AM

Jeff Locke in the Top 100.

Byrd430 02-19-2013 10:41 AM

Richardson's motor is a little inconsistent from game-to-game, so I happen to agree with Gil's evaluation there. That being said, he came on much stronger down the stretch, which leads me to believe that he'll be fine.

I like Gil's rankings more than Mayock's.

descendency 02-19-2013 12:05 PM

Zeke Motta over Phillip Thomas... lol ND homer.

Babylon 02-19-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat (Post 3276595)
Im not the type of guy to say "so and so is clueless!!" and stuff like that. These guys have decades of experience.

But Gil Brant seems to not even really be evaluating anymore. He said Sheldon Richardson "needs to work harder" on the field. WTH? Richardson has one of the highest motors of any DT I've seen in a long time. The guy is litereally everywhere on the field!

Either Gil got his evals mixed up with another player, or he didnt even bother to watch even a snippet of Richardson.

I agree with your take on Richardson. Then Brandt says Werner is a non stop guy that doesn't take any plays off. The only question about Werner is that he takes plays off.

The mentioning of Jared Allen as a comparison is fine but to intimate that if Allen were in this draft he'd go in the top 5 i think is a mistake. You get drafted where you should get drafted for the most part. Using a comparison to someone who turned out to be a star probably gets a lot GMs fired.

Iamcanadian 02-21-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrd430 (Post 3276599)
Richardson's motor is a little inconsistent from game-to-game, so I happen to agree with Gil's evaluation there. That being said, he came on much stronger down the stretch, which leads me to believe that he'll be fine.

I like Gil's rankings more than Mayock's.

I tend to think that Brandt relies a lot more on his contacts within the scouting community than Mayock does, Brandt is pretty old and I doubt he studies a whole lot of film the way Mayock does, but his contacts are top notch and his list cannot be ignored.

JHL6719 02-21-2013 11:34 AM

Reckon why Tank Carradine had twice as many tackles as Werner did if the German's motor is supposed to be so outstanding? Despite Carradine not even being a starter until Jenkins was lost for the season, and Carradine's own season ending early due injury.

Iamcanadian 02-21-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 3278440)
Reckon why Tank Carradine had twice as many tackles as Werner did if the German's motor is supposed to be so outstanding? Despite Carradine not even being a starter until Jenkins was lost for the season, and Carradine's own season ending early due injury.

Yeah but Werner had 13 sacks and has only played football for a few years with his best years still to come. His ceiling is very high. Carradine has round 1 talent as well but his injury will likely drop him to round 2.
For a guy who has only played football for a few years, Werner jumps out off the screen when you watch him play although he isn't a speed merchant.

wicket 02-21-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3276636)
Zeke Motta over Phillip Thomas... lol ND homer.

he is a BC guy. that doesnt mean i dont think its weird


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.