Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55705)

niel89 02-21-2013 02:45 AM

2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

First off here is the SWDC Combine main page where Scott will be posting all the official #'s as he gets them in.

SWDC Combine Headquarters

Also here is Scott's and Shane's twitter account's to follow their thoughts on the latest from the combine.

‏@DraftCountdown
@ShanePHallam

General schedule
Quote:

Saturday, Feb. 23: Tight ends, offensive linemen, special teams

Sunday, Feb. 24: Quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers

Monday, Feb. 25: Defensive linemen, linebackers

Tuesday, Feb. 26: Defensive backs
NFLN will be broadcasting everyday from 9am to 7pm est.

Full NFLN Schedule for Satuday-Wednesday

The NFLN will also be streaming live online at:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live

You can choose which camera you want and not miss anything you want.

NFL.com Main Combine Page

Here is an article discussing the new Player Aptitude Test (PAT) that will be used this year along with the standard Wonderlic.

Tell me if there is anything else good that needs to be added.

Discuss.

JHL6719 02-21-2013 07:22 AM

Both of the guys perceived to be the top 2 ILB's appear to be headcases somewhat... both also have some questions on the field as well. I think teams may be more comfortable waiting on guys like Kevin Minter or A.J. Klein if they're in the market for an ILB.

JohnCandy 02-21-2013 10:08 AM

Via Jeremiah...

Quote:
Luke Joeckel 6'6 306 lbs 34 2/8 inch arms.

Quote:
Lane Johnson 6'6 303.

Quote:
Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher 6'7 1/4 306 lbs. Arm length 34 1/2.

Quote:
Jonathan Cooper 6'2 1/8 311 lbs.

Quote:
Menelik Watson checked in at 6'5 1/8 310 lbs. His arms were 34 inches.

JohnCandy 02-21-2013 10:09 AM

Alabama G Chance Warmack measured in at 6'2/317 pounds at the NFL Combine.

Warmack also checked in with 34 6/8-inch arms, which is more than enough. NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah says Warmack's size was "smaller than expected" but we don't think that is such a bad thing. He will draw the best grade in this draft, but is a fringe top 10 pick.

JohnCandy 02-21-2013 10:09 AM

Fluker was among the first players to get weighed and measured as the Scouting Combine kicked off in Indianapolis today, and according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, Fluker weighed in at 339 pounds.

That sounds like a lot until you remember that just a month ago Fluker weighed in at 355 pounds at the Senior Bowl. Losing 16 pounds in a month isn’t physically possible for a lot of people and probably isn’t healthy even for most overweight people, but if NFL coaches and scouts were telling Fluker at the Senior Bowl that they’d like him to slim down, they have to be impressed that he took that advice to heart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-down-to-339/

killxswitch 02-21-2013 10:58 AM

I didn't think Fluker looked bad at all at 355. I hope he doesn't lose too much size, his size and power is a big part of his potential as a prospect.

killxswitch 02-21-2013 11:06 AM

Is Dee Milliner's torn labrum (and upcoming post-Combine surgery) news? I guess he won't be competing in a lot of the drills.

Iamcanadian 02-21-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCandy (Post 3278335)
Fluker was among the first players to get weighed and measured as the Scouting Combine kicked off in Indianapolis today, and according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, Fluker weighed in at 339 pounds.

That sounds like a lot until you remember that just a month ago Fluker weighed in at 355 pounds at the Senior Bowl. Losing 16 pounds in a month isn’t physically possible for a lot of people and probably isn’t healthy even for most overweight people, but if NFL coaches and scouts were telling Fluker at the Senior Bowl that they’d like him to slim down, they have to be impressed that he took that advice to heart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-down-to-339/

If Flucker is down to 339lbs., he just made a lot of money because conditioning was definitely a factor in his overall ranking. No doubt he wants to make a solid impression at the combine with increased quickness and foot speed.

Punisher 02-21-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3278412)
If Flucker is down to 339lbs., he just made a lot of money because conditioning was definitely a factor in his overall ranking. No doubt he wants to make a solid impression at the combine with increased quickness and foot speed.

Urban Dictionary for Flucker:

flucker
fly mother f*****
look at that flucker
that flucker is fine
i want that flucker in my bed

Babylon 02-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3278412)

Agree. and getting down to 339 from 355 is like you and me losing 5 lbs. OK i'll speak for myself.

SolidGold 02-21-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 3278289)
Both of the guys perceived to be the top 2 ILB's appear to be headcases somewhat... both also have some questions on the field as well. I think teams may be more comfortable waiting on guys like Kevin Minter or A.J. Klein if they're in the market for an ILB.

Throw Mauti on that list if his medical stuff checks out - guy is a beast

cjrugger 02-21-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3278433)
Throw Mauti on that list if his medical stuff checks out - guy is a beast

Agreed, big fan. What is his plan for this week? He running/working out?

princefielder28 02-21-2013 12:52 PM

Jarvis Jones will not be working out at the Combine

nobodyinparticular 02-21-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3278365)
Is Dee Milliner's torn labrum (and upcoming post-Combine surgery) news? I guess he won't be competing in a lot of the drills.

From experience, a torn labrum really shouldn't affect a corner back that much. Labrum injuries affect throwing more than anything. Without knowing the extent of the injury, I would say he's likely to be fine.

Iamcanadian 02-21-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3278471)
From experience, a torn labrum really shouldn't affect a corner back that much. Labrum injuries affect throwing more than anything. Without knowing the extent of the injury, I would say he's likely to be fine.

I doubt it drops him much more than a couple of spots on draft day as GM's drafting top 5 usually want perfect health for the money involved even if it is less than past amounts.

Babylon 02-21-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3278459)

Sounds like this is going to be an issue with him whether the guy's workout routine is up to NFL standards. I'm not totally down on the guy but i think he could be in for a slide on draft day.

Shane P. Hallam 02-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3278365)

He's doing everything except the bench press.

nobodyinparticular 02-21-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3278533)
He's doing everything except the bench press.

This doesn't surprise me. I wrestled for 4 months with a torn labrum in both shoulders. Then I ran track within weeks of my surgery to fix one of the tears.

A labrum tear just doesn't do a whole lot for a cornerback.

WCH 02-21-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

I'm disappointed by this.

BallerT1215 02-21-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCH (Post 3278560)
I'm disappointed by this.

Count me in as well on the disappointment.

Satuday and Tuesday - my favorite players WR's and DB's

gpngc 02-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Interesting. Everyone can't just Von Miller the process I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3278575)
Count me in as well on the disappointment.

Satuday and Tuesday - my favorite players WR's and DB's

WRs are on Sunday as they should be.

Duffman57 02-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3278555)
This doesn't surprise me. I wrestled for 4 months with a torn labrum in both shoulders. Then I ran track within weeks of my surgery to fix one of the tears.

A labrum tear just doesn't do a whole lot for a cornerback.

Yeah, usually a labrum tear isn't even fixed for most athletes. Its basically the equivalent of a meniscus tear for the shoulder, but since the shoulder doesn't have any weight bearing on that joint, its almost completely a non issue (from time to time you might get some clicking, but thats the worst that will happen), but for guys like these, its worth fixing. But its a complete non issue...(i just talked to the athletic trainer i work under about this yesterday for my internship...lol)

regoob2 02-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3278359)
I didn't think Fluker looked bad at all at 355. I hope he doesn't lose too much size, his size and power is a big part of his potential as a prospect.

He cant lose enough weight to effect his strength.

TheFinisher 02-21-2013 04:19 PM

Fluker 36 3/4 inch arm length lol

Can't find a measurement on his wingspan but its gotta be close to 90. Brockers had 35 inch arms at 6'5 and had a 86 inch wingspan.

K Train 02-21-2013 04:31 PM

Cooper at 311 makes him skyrocket up my board. I was expecting 285-290. 311 is an excellent weight for him, i look forward to seeing him in drills