Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Prospect Most Likely to Make NFL Defenses Think "OH $#@%" (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55706)

Caulibflower 02-21-2013 03:50 AM

Prospect Most Likely to Make NFL Defenses Think "OH $#@%"

...HE'S GETTING AWAY!!!

It struck me as funny to think about and it makes me think of players who have that ability to kind of squirt out of a defense, like Maurice Jones-Drew, Marshawn, The Artist Formerly Known As Devin Hester, and others. It's not just elusiveness, but those moments in games where the defense thinks the ballcarrier's been tackled, or corralled, and then suddenly he's in the open field again.

Shane P. Hallam 02-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3278278)
...HE'S GETTING AWAY!!!

It struck me as funny to think about and it makes me think of players who have that ability to kind of squirt out of a defense, like Maurice Jones-Drew, Marshawn, The Artist Formerly Known As Devin Hester, and others. It's not just elusiveness, but those moments in games where the defense thinks the ballcarrier's been tackled, or corralled, and then suddenly he's in the open field again.

This seems taylor made for Tavon Austin and why he is highly considered despite his size.

Attyla the Hawk 02-21-2013 08:47 AM

Cordarrelle Patterson.

I'd go Goodwin over Austin though for the mini-me receivers.

AcheTen (Thumper) 02-21-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk (Post 3278323)
Cordarrelle Patterson.

I'd go Goodwin over Austin though for the mini-me receivers.

They'll think "OH W%@ he's getting away" when Patterson streaks down the field, but a few seconds later they'll think "Thank God he can't catch balls for $#@^".

He's the next Braylon Edwards.

vidae 02-21-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3278312)
This seems taylor made for Tavon Austin and why he is highly considered despite his size.

First name that came to mind.

AcheTen (Thumper) 02-21-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3278341)

How great would the Chiefs draft be if they could snag Austin with their 2nd round pick after getting Geno with the 1st overall pick...

MassNole 02-21-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcheTen (Post 3278342)
How great would the Chiefs draft be if they could snag Austin with their 2nd round pick after getting Geno with the 1st overall pick...

That would be pretty god awful actually.

CashmoneyDrew 02-21-2013 10:04 AM

This is pretty much CP. Even if a defender is in front of him, or has an angle on him, CP is going to find a way to get past them.

LonghornsLegend 02-21-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3278341)

Same here. Though I am positive Marquise Goodwin will go late and be one of these guys, insane athleticism and he's excellent with the ball in his hands. He's going to be a great value pick.

thetedginnshow 02-21-2013 10:13 AM

I like Goodwin for that open-field elusiveness, but I didn't think that was what the TC was asking for. I was thinking more along the lines of someone that can get away from people, but also happens to be able to shed some tackles. For my money, that would probably have to be Mike Gillislee.

Armchair Scout 02-21-2013 10:20 AM

I think Tavon Austin is clearly the best runner in space in this year's draft and can escape from some tight spots with tacklers due to his elite quickness.

Jonathan Franklin seems like a guy who always squirts through small holes in the line. He runs low to the ground and escapes tacklers when you don't think he is going to.

Cordarrelle Patterson also seems like a guy with insane quickness for a taller receiver and he can make some cuts on his kick returns that you really don't expect from a guy his size.

BallerT1215 02-21-2013 08:29 PM

Gonna have to join the choir and go with Tavon Austin for sure....

Watch the game tape below from this year vs. Oklahoma...you'll fall in love with the guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

Big_Pete 02-21-2013 09:22 PM

Austin is one extreme, though you could also go the other way as well.

With the popularity of smaller, more athletic LBs and multiple DB sets, guys like Le'Veon Bell and Eddie Lacy running at them all day isn't going to be pleasant....

bornnraisedwhodat 02-25-2013 01:26 PM

I want no part of Tavon Austin coming in the NFC South unless he is with my Saints.

D-Unit 02-25-2013 01:31 PM

Jerry Jones is gonna draft Tavon Austin at 18. :facepalm:

That's my nightmare.

thebow305 02-25-2013 01:51 PM

Austin and Patterson for sure.