Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   What's the Deal w/ Tank Carradine? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55731)

billsfootball15 02-24-2013 02:26 PM

What's the Deal w/ Tank Carradine?

Where exactly is he projected to go? I understand he tore his ACL but I dont feel like that should be a reason for him free falling in the draft. I know its not fair to generalize but we are now seeing athletes come back from ACL injuries better than ever. I'm not saying the guy is going to recover like Adrian Peterson but for him to fall out of round 1 or part of round 2 because he is going to miss mini-camps seems ridiculous. Even if he misses training camp, whats the big deal, the guy is clearly a natural pass rusher who can burst off of the line.

AntoinCD 02-24-2013 02:30 PM

If healthy I think Carradine could have been a top 10 pick, but at the very least was a sure fire first round guy. However the injury is one which can hinder explosion, and this is a guy who doesn't explode off the snap with much consistency. Talentwise he should still be a first round pick but you can't fault teams for not selecting him that high because of the injury.

You see some guys basically redshirt their first year with a pulled hammy or a foot injury, I don't see much of a chance of him having a big impact year one, and that will put a lot of teams off. Although a good team will take the chance to develop him and snatch him up in the second IMO and he will pay off in a year or two

BallerT1215 02-24-2013 02:34 PM

Just so you the know the latest on his rehab is that he will perform a workout where he will perform drills. So he is ahead of schedule.

Also noted that it will not be on FSU's pro day which i believe is March 19th.

thebow305 02-24-2013 02:37 PM

Top 10 talent before the injury. Should still sneak into the 1st if everything checks out before the draft. Some will argue he's a better prospect than fellow top prospect and teammate Bjoern Werner. I am one of those people.

PossibleCabbage 02-24-2013 02:38 PM

He's better than Werner, but he tore his ACL late last season. How much the injury means is going to vary from team to team. I could see Carradine going in the top 10 anyway, since most everybody recovers completely from an ACL these days and recovery is likely quicker than it's ever been.

BallerT1215 02-24-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3281122)
Top 10 talent before the injury. Should still sneak into the 1st if everything checks out before the draft. Some will argue he's a better prospect than fellow top prospect and teammate Bjoern Werner. I am one of those people.

Ask Hurricane OT's what they think about Werner. : )

SenorGato 02-25-2013 04:48 AM

Im curious too. I thought he was the most talented of the three FSU pass rushers.

bigbenn 02-25-2013 06:47 AM

As I've been saying, best DE in the draft with Buchanan....Carradine is the truth. As an Illini fan it's a shame we never saw that DL of Buchanan, Carradine, Whitney Mercilus, Jerry Brown, Craig Drummond, Corey Liuget, Josh Brent, Akeem Spence, Lendell Buckner, etc. etc. materialize....talk about a DL for the ages...

Scott Wright 02-25-2013 07:32 AM

Agree that Carradine might have been a Top 10 overall pick if not for the knee injury.

Right now I'd say Top 75, although the late first round may not be completely out of the question. As mentioned above there is a chance Carradine may be able to do a full workout for teams prior to Draft Day, which would definitely help his stock. In the end I think Carradine will be a second rounder because there are just too many good pass rushers in this class.

bucfan12 02-25-2013 07:48 AM

Better than Werner. Most definately.

YoJoeBucsFan 02-25-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3281794)
Agree that Carradine might have been a Top 10 overall pick if not for the knee injury.

Right now I'd say Top 75, although the late first round may not be completely out of the question. As mentioned above there is a chance Carradine may be able to do a full workout for teams prior to Draft Day, which would definitely help his stock. In the end I think Carradine will be a second rounder because there are just too many good pass rushers in this class.

Good fit for the Bucs in the second?

jrdrylie 02-25-2013 03:33 PM

I could him going as high as 19 to the Giants. Indianapolis, Baltimore, or Atlanta could be landing spots too. I think if he gets in a full workout before the draft, he could end up in the first.

D-Unit 02-25-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3281794)

Who more than the Dallas Cowboys have shown they will take a guy like Carradine in Round 2? They love to take guys who would've been higher if not for the injury.

princefielder28 02-25-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucfan12 (Post 3281796)
Better than Werner. Most definately.

most definitely not...Carradine is a decent player but he was the beneficiary of Werner commanding double teams and allowing him to battle one-on-one for the majority of the season

BallerT1215 02-25-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3282525)
most definitely not...Carradine is a decent player but he was the beneficiary of Werner commanding double teams and allowing him to battle one-on-one for the majority of the season

Someone that gets it....

The real forgotten man in all this is Brandon Jenkins - he will be a monster.

Note: I love Tank but the hate on Werner is not deserved.

Iamcanadian 02-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3282513)
Who more than the Dallas Cowboys have shown they will take a guy like Carradine in Round 2? They love to take guys who would've been higher if not for the injury.

I think a lot of the more successful franchises will draft an injured player pretty high, it is the only way they get a shot at a very talented prospect.
Most likely a 2nd rounder but if he works out well, maybe he slips into late round 1.

No way he sees top 5 even if he works out well., GM's won't put their careers on the line for injured players, just too much money in play.

TitanHope 02-25-2013 09:07 PM

I have him as my #3 DE if he were healthishly. I think his ceiling is the Ravens at 32nd overall, and his floor is the beginning of the 3rd RD. I think he'll probably end up in the mid-2nd RD. This is a deep DE class, and his injury will push him down because not only will he be fresh off a knee injury, but a lot of the other guys have great potential as well. Teams may opt to take the likes of Corey Lemonier, the LSU duo, Michael Buchanan, Malliciah Goodman, Datone Jones (who may have solidified himself as a 5-or-lesser-tech DL, so teams considering Tank may pass on his skillset), Alex Okafor, or Quanterus Smith since they'll have their workout numbers to go off of, but fortunately for him, he has better tape than any of them. The OL and DL classes this year are stellar. Yaaay!

I think it'll be best for Tank to go to a team where he can be a 4th DE during his rookie year. Then a 3rd/heavy rotation DE for his sophomore year. And then when he's 3 years removed from injury and has 2 years of NFL experience and coaching, start him anywhere on the line and you'll have an impact player on every down.

Monomach 03-10-2013 04:59 PM

I've watched a lot of FSU tape. He absolutely did beat the crap out of a lot of single blockers because Werner was pulling doubles. He's still the real deal, though, as is Werner. Werner has more natural ability, but Tank has the kind of motor people fall in love with.

I've got him and Alex Okafor as two DEs that could go in the back end of the first and break out in year two. He's probably going to a playoff team and it's going to be a situation where the rich get even richer.

...as long as this workout he's planning for the week before the draft happens, that is.

gpngc 03-10-2013 05:01 PM

If he doesn't go in the first to the Giants, Falcons, or Broncos, he won't last long into the second.

Plays a premium position and ACL injuries don't scare as much as they used to.

scottyboy 03-10-2013 05:08 PM

i'd take him at 19 to the giants in a heart beat

PossibleCabbage 03-10-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3282525)

It's always interesting when you got two guys who are both draftable playing complementary positions on one team. In 2009, concerning the BC DTs, some people were arguing "Raji was only good because of Brace" and "other people were arguing "Brace was only good because of Raji."

Black Bolt 03-10-2013 10:02 PM

So, why didn't he start?

MikeTheDudeV2 03-10-2013 10:23 PM

I could definitely see him going to Atlanta in the 1st round.

BallerT1215 03-11-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3297137)
So, why didn't he start?

You should know that "Start" for FSU is very liberal, always have and always will run a solid rotation throughout the defensive line. He wasn't going to start over Jenkins and Werner.

mightytitan9 03-11-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3297137)
So, why didn't he start?

Odd man out and loyalty really. Are you going to bench two guys who played very well in 2010 for a JC transfer?

And like Baller said, that rotation was legit