Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why I Would Never Want Randy Moss On My Team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55747)

robert pancake gallery 02-25-2013 12:15 PM

Why I Would Never Want Randy Moss On My Team

He never won a super bowl, all he did was catch deep passes he didn't go over the middle like the far superior Wes Welker. He was a clubhouse cancer based on some stuff I heard Skip Bayless say about him. He wouldn't catch a deep pass on every drive, and those that were incomplete resulted in a loss of down which could have lead to his team punting, i'd much rather have a first down than have to have my team punt the ball.

Discuss.

PoopSandwich 02-25-2013 12:17 PM

Haha that signature is ******* hilarious I love heroes 4.

AHungryWalrus 02-25-2013 12:22 PM

I completely understand and agree.

I will take it a step farther.

Tom Brady, what can be done? He has thrown incompletions lately. Doesn't Tom Brady know that completions are BETTER for getting first downs than incompletions?

PoopSandwich 02-25-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus (Post 3282185)
I completely understand and agree.

I will take it a step farther.

Tom Brady, what can be done? He has thrown incompletions lately. Doesn't Tom Brady know that completions are BETTER for getting first downs than incompletions?

Stupid ******* argument - rep

Monomach 02-25-2013 12:31 PM

I would never want Martellus Bennett on my team. All he does is grow a horn. You can't fit a horn under a football helmet. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

eaglesalltheway 02-25-2013 12:31 PM

You forgot to say "If you take away the things that make him great, he's just a terrible football player."

BallerT1215 02-25-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 3282200)
You forgot to say "If you take away the things that make him great, he's just a terrible football player."

If he didnt run for that 91 yd td that put his team up, his carries would have only been 16 for 58 yds.

FUNBUNCHER 02-25-2013 01:09 PM

LOL. Thread is so classic.
Sarcasm is so much more effective than profanity, or arguing back and forth for pages against a nonsense argument.

zachsaints52 02-25-2013 01:30 PM

I never want Brett Favre on my team. One ups me everytime we have a dick pic war.

SunTzu_22 02-25-2013 03:27 PM

You know who I donīt want on my team? Kickers. You win football games by scoring touchdowns. Kickers never score touchdowns. Kickers just score extra points and field goals. Thats just 1 and 3 point respectively. Sure a field goal is fine, when your down by 2 points. They are absolutely useless when youre down by 21. Furthermore, when the opposing team scores a touchdown on a kickoff return, thats basically your kicker assisting the opponent. Kickers are useless.

And donīt get me started on punters.....

Caulibflower 02-25-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3282283)
If he didnt run for that 91 yd td that put his team up, his carries would have only been 16 for 58 yds.

And 16 carries for 58 yards is decidedly mediocre. And if you take away the other 15-yard carry, it's only 15 carries for 43 yards. If you want to get a true idea for how good a player is, you want to remove those statistical outliers from consideration. I mean, if more than half a player's yards come on two plays, he's just not being very consistent at all and I don't know how you can count on him in critical situations.

bigbluedefense 02-25-2013 05:24 PM

I rather get 10 yards than 80. It keeps the clock moving. They can't score if they're not on the field.

PackerLegend 02-25-2013 06:22 PM

I never want Rodgers on my team he gets sacked way to much. O wait. ****!

WCH 02-25-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 (Post 3282497)
You know who I donīt want on my team? Kickers. You win football games by scoring touchdowns. Kickers never score touchdowns. Kickers just score extra points and field goals. Thats just 1 and 3 point respectively. Sure a field goal is fine, when your down by 2 points. They are absolutely useless when youre down by 21. Furthermore, when the opposing team scores a touchdown on a kickoff return, thats basically your kicker assisting the opponent. Kickers are useless.

And donīt get me started on punters.....

Chris Kluwe is my favorite player because he's constantly taking the ball and giving it away from the Vikings.

PACKmanN 02-25-2013 06:48 PM

You know who i wouldn't want on my team? Deion Sanders. He's one dimensional. He can only cover and never wants to tackle. He doesn't add any value to the run defense

JordanTaber 02-25-2013 07:02 PM

Is this really the best you can do? I honestly expected better.

By the way, Randy Moss's yards per target averages were much higher than Barry Sanders's yards per carry. You'd be much better off from a yards per attempt standpoint throwing 300 passes at Randy Moss than you would be giving Barry Sanders 300 carries.

Plus, Randy Moss doesn't have to come out in short yardage and goal line situations because he won't hit the damn hole. In fact, if you're in the red zone, Randy Moss is the #1 guy you want to have.

Now, there are reasons to mix in some runs, but it's not so that you can break off a big one.

Oh, and also - Randy Moss not going over the middle is one of the most idiotic myths in football (here's a glimpse at how stupid this claim is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEh9xD9qdo), as is the idiotic myth that all he did was catch deep passes. Randy Moss was the most complete receiver in football. 756 of Moss's 982 career receptions went for under 20 yards. That's 77% of his receptions.

robert pancake gallery 02-25-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanTaber (Post 3282676)

By the way, Randy Moss's yards per target averages were much higher than Barry Sanders's yards per carry. You'd be much better off from a yards per attempt standpoint throwing 300 passes at Randy Moss than you would be giving Barry Sanders 300 carries.

Plus, Randy Moss doesn't have to come out in short yardage and goal line situations because he won't hit the damn hole. In fact, if you're in the red zone, Randy Moss is the #1 guy you want to have.

Now, there are reasons to mix in some runs, but it's not so that you can break off a big one.

Oh, and also - Randy Moss not going over the middle is one of the most idiotic myths in football (here's a glimpse at how stupid this claim is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEh9xD9qdo), as is the idiotic myth that all he did was catch deep passes. Randy Moss was the most complete receiver in football. 756 of Moss's 982 career receptions went for under 20 yards. That's 77% of his receptions.

what can i say? i have my opinions and you have your opinions; i'll keep yours in mind the next time i'm faced with the decision of having randy moss or barry sanders on the team that i am a general manager of.

FUNBUNCHER 02-25-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanTaber (Post 3282676)

Randy Moss didn't work between the hashmarks. He'll tell you that. So will Cris Carter. That wasn't his game. He may have done it some, but he didn't earn his paycheck doing it.

A Randy Moss highlight is a poor substitute for actually watching the games he played in.

Most complete WR in football??? Maybe to you, but it's not really an evaluation most analysts have about his game.

He definitely wasn't a great route runner. Moss was able to get open so frequently because ALL corners gave him a 10-15 yard cushion because of his deep threat. His 2/3 catches of less than 20 yards just shows that the typical Randy Moss route was running straight ahead for roughly 17-20 yards, stopping then turning around for the football to arrive.

He wasn't beating guys in coverage because of precise route running.

I'm not knocking Moss for having elite speed and exploiting it to get open, but corners being afraid that Moss might run by them doesn't make him a great route runner, or a complete WR.

Now that Randy has slowed some, you see the glaring deficiencies in his ability to get open running clean routes.