Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oakland Raiders Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Post combine Raiders draft. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55758)

Black Bolt 02-26-2013 07:23 AM

Post combine Raiders draft.
 
Now that nearly all the information is in, here are the guys I would consider at #3:

Geno Smith- Smith has started the process of answering many of his doubters. The possibility of taking Smith is totally a coaches decision on what direction they want to take the team in.

Ziggy Ansah- I don't care how raw he is, the guy has physical ability and instincts that are special. He also has the character you look for in any prospect. We can afford for him to work out the kinks for a year.

Star Lotulelei- Word is that the bad heart test was a result of his rapid weight loss and he is cleared to work out. Props to the guy for trying to get into the best shape he could. Lotulelei is still my preferred choice and DT is our biggest of many big needs.

Chance Warmack- In this very strange draft, everything is on the table. Warmack is more "blue chip" than anyone else in the top ten and lord knows we need a power OG, so it's a nice fit.

That's all, folks.

Monomach 02-26-2013 07:40 AM

I must have wandered into the Raiders forum. My bad.

Black Bolt 02-26-2013 01:55 PM

Trade down scenarios are quite interesting now with Star possibly moving down, Milliner becomeing attractive and Rhodes moving up. We could possibly trade down for a Smith, Rhodes, Warmack or Ansah.

Raiderz4Life 02-26-2013 02:00 PM

I know we need OL help but tbh, I don't really want to go OL in the 1st round. You can mask the OL a little bit, but that defense was just beyond horrendous. Jordan, Ansah, Milliner or Rhodes (depending if we can trade down for the DBs) would make me so happy. Star at a lower pick would be cool too.

nepg 03-03-2013 11:46 PM

edit: nevermind. I read the picks the Raiders have completely wrong.

Abaddon 03-04-2013 01:44 PM

Any scenario listing Geno Smith as an option is already a failed scenario.

Raiderz4Life 03-05-2013 03:49 PM

We should draft Leon McFadden

NIN1984 03-09-2013 09:07 AM

I think Raiders will draft a QB, it will either be Geno Smith in 1 or someone like Tyler Bray in 3, its gonna happen.

Abaddon 03-10-2013 07:52 PM

If it's either one of those guys, I'm firing Reggie myself.

I'd take a chance on Tyler Wilson in Rd3. Bray? No thank you. QBs with 10 brain never pan out. Dude's a journeyman backup at the NFL level.

Abaddon 03-10-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life (Post 3292331)
We should draft Leon McFadden

You can bet we'll draft a corner, bring in 5000 more in UDFA, and sign a couple vets. I dare not even speculate as to who, though. After Milliner and Rhodes, and maybe Trufant, it's pretty much wide the hell open.

nobodyinparticular 03-11-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3283058)
Now that nearly all the information is in, here are the guys I would consider at #3:

Geno Smith- Smith has started the process of answering many of his doubters. The possibility of taking Smith is totally a coaches decision on what direction they want to take the team in.

Ziggy Ansah- I don't care how raw he is, the guy has physical ability and instincts that are special. He also has the character you look for in any prospect. We can afford for him to work out the kinks for a year.

Star Lotulelei- Word is that the bad heart test was a result of his rapid weight loss and he is cleared to work out. Props to the guy for trying to get into the best shape he could. Lotulelei is still my preferred choice and DT is our biggest of many big needs.

Chance Warmack- In this very strange draft, everything is on the table. Warmack is more "blue chip" than anyone else in the top ten and lord knows we need a power OG, so it's a nice fit.

That's all, folks.

I think Jarvis Jones and Dion Jordan could be in the picture here as well.

Abaddon 03-11-2013 07:56 AM

Aye. And the only word I've seen regarding Star's heart has been pure speculation. Has anything noteworthy been reported yet?

Black Bolt 03-11-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 3297012)
If it's either one of those guys, I'm firing Reggie myself.

I'd take a chance on Tyler Wilson in Rd3. Bray? No thank you. QBs with 10 brain never pan out. Dude's a journeyman backup at the NFL level.

Neither will Wilson.

Black Bolt 03-11-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 3290996)
Any scenario listing Geno Smith as an option is already a failed scenario.

AH.....okay. Because you said so, of course.

Raiderz4Life 03-11-2013 05:06 PM

I'd rather roll with Wilson too. I think he'll be better than Geno. Taking Geno at 3rd would be a little disappointing tbh.

Abaddon 03-14-2013 01:01 AM

How does one say this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3297605)
AH.....okay. Because you said so, of course.

...immediately after having said this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3297603)
Neither will Wilson.


You're a funny guy. Not everyone can talk out of both sides of their mouth in the span of 1 minute. That's a special skill you've got there. You oughta get a job with Fox News. Your talents are being wasted on this little message board.

Black Bolt 03-16-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 3301406)
How does one say this...



...immediately after having said this:




You're a funny guy. Not everyone can talk out of both sides of their mouth in the span of 1 minute. That's a special skill you've got there. You oughta get a job with Fox News. Your talents are being wasted on this little message board.

Oh yeah? Obviously, I'm not as funny as you. Look at you, you are a virtual comedian. Ha ha ha, Fox News! Little message board, I love it!! By the way, you might want to look up the definition of the word "sarcasm" before you make another stupid assertion.

Maybe when we select Geno Smith, you'll get so upset you'll stop joking and pick another team to root for. Until then, just know that Geno Smith IS under consideration whether you approve or not.

Abaddon 03-24-2013 06:49 AM

Really sucks getting called out for being two faced, eh? You'll recover. Just try harder to not be a jackass and you should be fine. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.