Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Most Difficult Stadium Your Team Faces (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55818)

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 01:38 PM

Most Difficult Stadium Your Team Faces

I'm sure there were be plenty of opinions on this one because it really depends on who your favorite team is, rivalries, and who you play depending on conference schedule.

But which stadium seems to be the most difficult for your team to play in?

For me, my team is FSU and two places right away.

@ Virginia Tech - Blacksburg just gets loud and louder as the game goes on. You play them there in a night game and you can't hear a damn thing.

@ Clemson - Something about when their team comes out and touches that rock and then the whole team comes rambling down the hill - it makes their fans lose their damn mind.

proshoota25 03-01-2013 01:46 PM

pretty much any road game in the SEC is going to be pretty difficult. My Gators have struggled in the past @ LSU, and obviously @ Bama would be ridic hard. Historically we struggled @ Auburn. Lately, we have done well @ Tenn and @ SC, but those are tough for anyone really

wicket 03-01-2013 02:00 PM

Notre Dame has struggled quite a bit @Michigan in the last few years, certainly with closing out games (killme). We dont play many teams with huge home advantages outside of that

Bert Macklin 03-01-2013 02:29 PM

Everyone @ LSU

That's not being a homer just ask them

LSU def struggles @ Bama and for whatever reason @ Ole Piss

Don Vito 03-01-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Macklin (Post 3288341)
Everyone @ LSU

LSU struggles against Ole Miss in Baton Rouge bro

Bert Macklin 03-01-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3288352)

LSU struggles against Ole Miss in Baton Rouge bro

We always have a hard time with y'all everywhere

Cigaro 03-01-2013 02:54 PM

Death Valley for sure. Was extremely obvious that the atmosphere there was severely affecting us. You simply can't go to Death Valley at night and not be affected by that crowd.

Babylon 03-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Macklin (Post 3288341)
Everyone @ LSU

@ LSU is tough as you mention. Back in the day it was near impossible to win there as it seemed they brought their own refs with them.

For the U of Washington it has to be Autzen stadium (Oregon), those people down there have more than a few screws loose.

jrdrylie 03-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3288382)
Death Valley for sure. Was extremely obvious that the atmosphere there was severely affecting us. You simply can't go to Death Valley at night and not be affected by that crowd.

Clemson is the worst. I've been to games they've played against South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Virginia Tech. They have the absolute worst fans I've ever seen. Never been to a game at Death Valley, but just seeing how their fans act as visitors, I can imagine how much worse it is at home.

Bert Macklin 03-01-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3288393)
Clemson is the worst. I've been to games they've played against South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and Virginia Tech. They have the absolute worst fans I've ever seen. Never been to a game at Death Valley, but just seeing how their fans act as visitors, I can imagine how much worse it is at home.

Hey we feed all visitors at Death Valley. You just have to be able to take a little ribbing.

jrdrylie 03-01-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Macklin (Post 3288421)
Hey we feed all visitors at Death Valley. You just have to be able to take a little ribbing.

Wrong Death Valley

thebow305 03-01-2013 03:34 PM

Va Tech and North Carolina

Bert Macklin 03-01-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3288446)
Wrong Death Valley

Wrong. There is only one.

BuckeyeDan17 03-01-2013 03:59 PM

Would have to say going to state college, PA scares me every year regardless of the season PSU is having.

keylime_5 03-01-2013 04:36 PM

Yeah, Penn State's stadium atmosphere is awesome. Ohio Stadium has incredible atmosphere and is so loud, but only during big big night games apparently.

Cigaro 03-01-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3288393)

I was talking about LSU. We haven't had much trouble at Clemson recently. I can't attest for Clemson's at game fans(I know plenty of general fans), I've only been to their stadium as a kid, and when they've played at SC I've never interacted with them.

BigJohn98 03-02-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3288278)
I'm sure there were be plenty of opinions on this one because it really depends on who your favorite team is, rivalries, and who you play depending on conference schedule.

But which stadium seems to be the most difficult for your team to play in?

For me, my team is FSU and two places right away.

@ Virginia Tech - Blacksburg just gets loud and louder as the game goes on. You play them there in a night game and you can't hear a damn thing.

@ Clemson - Something about when their team comes out and touches that rock and then the whole team comes rambling down the hill - it makes their fans lose their damn mind.

You forgot to include UF, arguably the toughest place in the country to play.

niel89 03-03-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3288392)
For the U of Washington it has to be Autzen stadium (Oregon), those people down there have more than a few screws loose.

Same for Stanford. Its just hard to play in Autzen stadium with those fans. The noise and the speed makes it tough on a visiting defense.

BallerT1215 03-03-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn98 (Post 3289565)
You forgot to include UF, arguably the toughest place in the country to play.

The swamp is meh.

MassNole 03-03-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3289795)
The swamp is meh.

Clemson and VaTech are both way harsher environments than The Swamp.

mightytitan9 03-03-2013 12:48 PM

I guess the toughest Kansas State usually plays is Oklahoma, followed by Texas Tech. It used to be Texas A&M and Nebraska, but both have since left the conference