Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Insomniac Mock V 2.0 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55979)

Shupp 03-14-2013 09:36 PM

Insomniac Mock V 2.0
 
1) KC - Star Lotulelei- DT

2 JAX - Sharrif Floyd - DT

3) OAK - Dion Jordan - DE

4) PHI - Luke Joekel - OT

5) DET - Eric Fisher - OT

6) CLE - Dee Millner- CB

7) AZ - Geno Smith - QB

8) BUF - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR

9) NYJ - Ezekiel Ansah- OLB

10) TEN - Mingo - DE

11) SD - Lane Johnson - OT

12) MIA - Xavier Rhodes - CB

13) TB- Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE

14) CAR - Chance Warmack - OG

15) NO - DaMontre Moore - DE/OLB

16) STL - Tavon Austin - WR

17) PIT - Johnathan Hankins - DT

18) DAL - Jonathon Cooper - OG

19) NYG - Desmond Trufant -CB

20) CHI - DJ Fluker - OT

21) CIN - Kenny Vaccaro - FS

22) STL - Eddie Lacy - RB

23) MIN - Bjorn Werner - DE

24) IND - Keenan Allen - WR

25) MIN - DeAndre Hopkins - WR

26) GB - Datone Jones - DE

27) HOU - Sheldon Richardson - DT

28) DEN - Tyler Eifert - TE

29) NE - Matt Elam - SS

30) ATL - Tank Carradine - DE

31) SF - Jesse Williams - DT

32) BAL - Alec Ogeltree - MLB

Legacy 03-14-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shupp (Post 3302649)
13) TB- Jarvis Jones - OLB/DE



He's a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.

RCAChainGang 03-14-2013 09:52 PM

Terrible Colts pick. Jonathan Banks does not belong in the first round.

Sheldon Richardson, Keenan Allen, and Datone Jones would all be much better picks for the Colts.

Also you have Vaccaro going twice.

Pat Sims 90 03-14-2013 09:53 PM

Awesome Bengals Pick.

Shupp 03-14-2013 10:02 PM

T
Quote:

errible Colts pick. Jonathan Banks does not belong in the first round.

Sheldon Richardson, Keenan Allen, and Datone Jones would all be much better picks for the Colts.

Also you have Vaccaro going twice.
Edited it one too many times and left Keenan off by accident. I like the fit there also, reminds me of Reggie Wayne a little.

BallerT1215 03-14-2013 10:20 PM

With our needs glaring so much at other more important positions (OG,QB). I'm not sure we can have the luxury of taking a project like Patterson, which I wouldnt mind!, in the 1st rnd when we can get WR's 2nd/3rd.

vidae 03-14-2013 10:20 PM

Good KC pick. Fisher is also acceptable.

RCAChainGang 03-14-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3302688)
Good KC pick. Fisher is also acceptable.

Is it that you don't want an OT drafted or you just don't want Joeckel, vidae?

Robcards 03-14-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 3302650)


He's a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.

He's a pass rusher first and foremost. He would be a nickel edge rusher and strong side backer on early downs. He would fit a huge need for the Bucs as almost all of their front 7 excel at stopping the run and they lack any kind of a pass rush.

vidae 03-14-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 3302702)
Is it that you don't want an OT drafted or you just don't want Joeckel, vidae?

I don't want an OT, but since it looks more and more likely every day that we're taking one, I'd rather have Fisher.

JT Jag 03-14-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 3302650)


He's a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE.

Some people think he can transition to linebacker in any scheme, not just the 3-4.

49erNation85 03-14-2013 11:36 PM

nice pick for sf.

phlysac 03-14-2013 11:58 PM

I really don't think Jesse Williams is liked as much by GMs as he seems to be by alot of 49ers fans.

Legacy 03-15-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Jag (Post 3302734)
Some people think he can transition to linebacker in any scheme, not just the 3-4.

I'm not one of them.

The Bucs play a lot of nickel and both Lavonte David and Mason Foster are already slotted in that scheme. The last thing we need is a linebacker who sucks out loud in coverage, especially in a division with Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham.

As far as I'm concerned, Jarvis Jones is a 3-4 rush-backer and that's it.

Robcards 03-15-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 3302788)
I'm not one of them.

The Bucs play a lot of nickel and both Lavonte David and Mason Foster are already slotted in that scheme. The last thing we need is a linebacker who sucks out loud in coverage, especially in a division with Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham.

As far as I'm concerned, Jarvis Jones is a 3-4 rush-backer and that's it.

He'd play on the line in nickel formations obviously.

thebow305 03-15-2013 08:28 AM

Seems about right for Miami.

Legacy 03-15-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3302854)
He'd play on the line in nickel formations obviously.

And I think he'd fail miserably at it.

jCut 03-15-2013 10:41 AM

I doubt the Broncos take a TE. Tamme and Dreesen compliment each other well and I've heard they are high on Virgil Green as well.

prock 03-15-2013 10:43 AM

I'd hate Werner with Sheldon Richardson still on the board.

Robcards 03-15-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 3302985)
And I think he'd fail miserably at it.

Duly noted. I think Dion Jordan is at best a complimentary SAM in a 3-4 and can't generate a rush on his own and therefore is at best a late 1st, but that doesn't mean he won't go top 10 still, nor does it mean a 4-3 team won't take him either.

Robcards 03-15-2013 11:03 AM

FYI OP, Sheldon Richardson has no where to play in Houston's scheme. They need a NT not another 3-4 DE (which Richardson doesn't really project best at, a 4-3 team will value him higher).

causticon 03-15-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jCut (Post 3302989)
I doubt the Broncos take a TE. Tamme and Dreesen compliment each other well and I've heard they are high on Virgil Green as well.

This would be correct, sir!

Monomach 03-15-2013 12:21 PM

I don't really think Fluker would make a good left guard and he definitely can't play center, so he'd have nowhere to play. I hope in that situation the Bears would be smart enough to take Bjorn Werner, Arthur Brown, Carradine, or even *gag* Ogletree.

ChicagoBearsVet23 03-15-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 3303089)
I don't really think Fluker would make a good left guard and he definitely can't play center, so he'd have nowhere to play. I hope in that situation the Bears would be smart enough to take Bjorn Werner, Arthur Brown, Carradine, or even *gag* Ogletree.

Agreed. I'd be pissed if we passed on Werner.

Abaddon 03-15-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

3) OAK - Dion Jordan - DE
Worth the gamble.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.