Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Top 10 WR Prospects (w/ Projected Teams) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56029)

GoRavens 03-20-2013 11:09 AM

Top 10 WR Prospects (w/ Projected Teams)

- Tavon Austin - 1st - Panthers
- Cordarrelle Patterson - 1st - Patriots

- Keenan Allen - 2nd - Jets
- DeAndre Hopkins - 2nd - Bills
- Robert Woods - 2nd - Steelers
- Justin Hunter - 2nd - Redskins
- Da'Rick Rogers - 2nd - Ravens

- Aaron Dobson - 3rd - Browns
- Terrance Williams - 3rd - Rams
- Ryan Swope - 3rd - Texans

princefielder28 03-20-2013 11:16 AM

Quinton Patton doesn't warrant a Top 10 spot for you?

mightytitan9 03-20-2013 11:19 AM

I hope all NFL teams feel that way so we can steal him in the 3rd

K Train 03-20-2013 11:21 AM

patterson, hunter, allen, or hopkins need to be a steeler

dont think the viking are looking for a WR still?

Dr. Gonzo 03-20-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3307876)
patterson, hunter, allen, or hopkins need to be a steeler

dont think the viking are looking for a WR still?

I think the Vikings will choose either Allen or Hopkins in the first. Makes too much sense.

Don Vito 03-20-2013 12:18 PM

Patterson to the Pats would be perfect but that is a pipe dream.

stlouisfan37 03-20-2013 12:59 PM

Tavon Austin will be a Ram...he is a perfect fit. Also, Chris Harper will end up being one of the better players from this crop. I'm not saying he grades out igher as a prospect than some of these guys, but I think he will find success at the next level. He reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin.

FUNBUNCHER 03-20-2013 12:59 PM

90% chance the SKins first pick in the 2nd round is either a corner or safety.

mightytitan9 03-20-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3307973)
Also, Chris Harper will end up being one of the better players from this crop. I'm not saying he grades out igher as a prospect than some of these guys, but I think he will find success at the next level. He reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin.

Same here. He's not a spectacular WR when compared to others, but he's more complete than most. Willing blocker like Anquan. Good route runner coming out of college, can make clutch plays at clutch times. Uses his body and hands well.

Someone is going to get a steal when they call his name draft day

BallerT1215 03-20-2013 01:38 PM

Getting Deandre Hopkins to stretch the field in the 2nd rnd and complement Stevie on the inside would be dreamy.

Bird 03-20-2013 01:42 PM

One WR will go to the Lions in the 2nd/3rd. Yes, we love wrs and Da'Rick is our type. Very talented with character issues!!

K Train 03-20-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bird (Post 3308022)
One WR will go to the Lions in the 2nd/3rd. Yes, we love wrs and Da'Rick is our type. Very talented with character issues!!

hearing they like dennard a lot.

Calvin, Broyles, Burleson, Robinson, Pettigrew, Bush

Robinson can play like hes percy harvin or like hes javid best...would make sense for them

stlouisfan37 03-20-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3307986)
Same here. He's not a spectacular WR when compared to others, but he's more complete than most. Willing blocker like Anquan. Good route runner coming out of college, can make clutch plays at clutch times. Uses his body and hands well.

Someone is going to get a steal when they call his name draft day

I agree. While everyone is looking for the huge receiver with great hands that gets fantastic separation and can stretch the field at will, someone will be very pleased to use a guy who can get 7 yards on 3rd and 6.

thetedginnshow 03-20-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3308017)
Getting Deandre Hopkins to stretch the field in the 2nd rnd and complement Stevie on the inside would be dreamy.

Odd that you would want Hopkins to stretch the field, considering how slow he is. But, I do think he would be a good compliment to Stevie.

I thought everyone would be posting their top 10, but I guess not. Anyway, as of right now, here are mine in no particular order:

Quinton Patton
Stedman Bailey
DeAndre Hopkins
Markus Wheaton
Marquise Goodwin
Tavon Austin
Chris Harper
Josh Boyce

Still undecided on Patterson, Woods, Allen, Rogers, Hunter, Williams, and Dobson, and they could fill the last two spots at any point.

K Train 03-20-2013 08:33 PM

that cant be a serious list

BallerT1215 03-20-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetedginnshow (Post 3308481)
Odd that you would want Hopkins to stretch the field, considering how slow he is. But, I do think he would be a good compliment to Stevie.

His timed speed might look slow as ****, but he is another one of those players who is a lot faster in game speed. Watched him enough at Clemson and glad he left early for the NFL. He is a playmaker out there. He made clemson fans forget about the absolute crap year Watkins put up last season.

GoRavens 03-20-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3308492)
that cant be a serious list

Thanks for that extraordinarily meaningful criticism!
Your knowledgeable insight towards the conversation sure did help.
Show me your list

K Train 03-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRavens (Post 3308595)
Thanks for that extraordinarily meaningful criticism!
Your knowledgeable insight towards the conversation sure did help.
Show me your list

not your list, this one:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetedginnshow (Post 3308481)
Quinton Patton
Stedman Bailey
DeAndre Hopkins
Markus Wheaton
Marquise Goodwin
Tavon Austin
Chris Harper
Josh Boyce

Still undecided on Patterson, Woods, Allen, Rogers, Hunter, Williams, and Dobson, and they could fill the last two spots at any point.

Mine goes:

Patterson
Hunter
Allen
Hopkins
Austin
Woods
Williams
Wheaton
Patton
Robinson

I do think Austin may go before patterson though if the panthers or rams take him.

thetedginnshow 03-20-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3308592)
His timed speed might look slow as ****, but he is another one of those players who is a lot faster in game speed. Watched him enough at Clemson and glad he left early for the NFL. He is a playmaker out there. He made clemson fans forget about the absolute crap year Watkins put up last season.

Actually, I don't think he looks particularly fast on the field. You said you wanted someone to really stretch the field, so I would assume you would want someone with notable speed. He's quick enough to get by, but I don't really think he can blow the top off a defense. He doesn't really ever get that much separation. I think where he makes his mark is with his great hands, exceptional body control, physicality, and ability to box out defenders. I think he's great, but he isn't a burner by any means.

And yes, that's my actual list haha. I know it's quite different from what most have. I'll spare the back-and-forth for a later time when I release my rankings. I know I have a lot to explain, and it's more than I would care to write twice lol.

armageddon 03-20-2013 11:59 PM

I don't see any scenario imaginable where the Rams don't take a WR at either 16 or 22

BallerT1215 03-21-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetedginnshow (Post 3308705)
Actually, I don't think he looks particularly fast on the field. You said you wanted someone to really stretch the field, so I would assume you would want someone with notable speed. He's quick enough to get by, but I don't really think he can blow the top off a defense. He doesn't really ever get that much separation. I think where he makes his mark is with his great hands, exceptional body control, physicality, and ability to box out defenders. I think he's great, but he isn't a burner by any means.

I know the first thought when thinking of a field stretcher is obviously speed and burners, but I do believe it is possible for a WR to stretch the field without being blazing fast. You are right on with Hopkins best skills being body control and hands, but I don't care what any timed speeds say about him: I still think DeAndre will be able to stretch the field in the NFL. Will he ever get caught from behind? Obviously he will but his style of play is perfect for stretching the field and he still has above average game speed IMO. In the highlights, its alarming on how many of the long TD's he is wide open and waiting for Boyd's throw to get to him to the point he is almost dead stopped on a lot of them.

tjsunstein 03-21-2013 12:27 AM

1. Austin
2. Hopkins
3. Patterson
4. Bailey
5. Allen
6. Patton
7. Williams
7b. Hunter
8. Woods
9. Rogers
10. Dobson