Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Kolb signs with Buffalo (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56117)

Iamcanadian 03-31-2013 02:33 PM

Kolb signs with Buffalo
 
I don't see much of an improvement over Fitzpatrick but it could affect their #1 pick with QB removed as an absolute necessity. Wilson isn't the type of owner to pay say Geo Smith, starting QB money when he has another option at the position.

I now doubt Buffalo drafts a QB in round 1.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 02:49 PM

Why get better when you can get worse right Buffalo?

Rosebud 03-31-2013 03:08 PM

Their new coach has his guy in mind and Nassib can use some competition to hold him off for a little while before getting thrown in. *shrug* Kolb sucks, he's not the future.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3316946)
Why get better when you can get worse right Buffalo?

Umm, because Kolb is better than Fitzpatrick. How does getting a better QB make them worse?

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3316967)
Umm, because Kolb is better than Fitzpatrick. How does getting a better QB make them worse?

If you replace dog **** with cat ****, how does it make you better?

What's he gonna do, add 1 more win to make you 5-11 instead of 4-12? Awesome.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 03:21 PM

Except that Kolb was above average when healthy last year...

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 03:25 PM

Checking down is not above average. And he's never healthy. I've seen enough of Kevin Kolb to know how awful he is.

And his arm is just as noodletastic as Fitzpatrick. If you can't make all the throws, you're a backup qb in this league. That's the bottom line.

J-Mike88 03-31-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3316946)
Why get better when you can get worse right Buffalo?

Did you watch any Cardinal games last year, or just after Kolb was out?
They were a lot better when Kolb was in there, even with that **** of an offensive line.

Cannot predict injuries, but he's a helluva lot better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick is.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3316987)
Checking down is not above average. And he's never healthy. I've seen enough of Kevin Kolb to know how awful he is.

And his arm is just as noodletastic as Fitzpatrick. If you can't make all the throws, you're a backup qb in this league. That's the bottom line.

He didn't check down that much, and even when he did, he was trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible with one of the most inept lines of all time.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3316989)
Did you watch any Cardinal games last year, or just after Kolb was out?
They were a lot better when Kolb was in there, even with that **** of an offensive line.

Cannot predict injuries, but he's a helluva lot better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick is.

Yes, I saw all of them actually.

I've seen Kevin Kolb a ton over his career. His preseason games, his regular season games, I pretty much have seen 90% of all the games he's ever played.

He cannot make all the throws, he checks down too often, he very often makes late decisions, he's not durable at all, he's just a solid backup qb but not starter material.

During his success, they ran a ton of 5 wide, 4 wide sets that had him throw 10-15 yard throws. That worked but would have easily been adjusted to over the course of an entire season. The league adjusts, and once they did he wouldn't have the arm strength to adapt to the coverages he'd see.

He's just not a good quarterback. He's a ****** version of Alex Smith. That's saying something.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3316994)
He didn't check down that much, and even when he did, he was trying to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible with one of the most inept lines of all time.

Ah yes, the typical ****** qb excuse. I haven't heard that one a million times.

Let's just let this shake out and see what happens, agree?

Don't hold your breathe for Kevin Kolb.

ViperVisor 03-31-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3316996)
Ah yes, the typical ****** qb excuse. I haven't heard that one a million times.

Let's just let this shake out and see what happens, agree?

Don't hold your breathe for Kevin Kolb.

Some things are just reality. Pass protection excuse is in the context of Kolb not having a chance to be what he is. You are jumping down peoples throats like they had All Pro prospects for him.

I saw a similar level of protection failures in SF. Smith and whatever other QB put it were consistently under duress.

Why did Peyton Manning's yards per attempt jump up a yard from 2010 to 2012? A lot of that was the improved protection.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3316996)
Ah yes, the typical ****** qb excuse. I haven't heard that one a million times.

Let's just let this shake out and see what happens, agree?

Don't hold your breathe for Kevin Kolb.

Except that Kolb played well and Arizona played well when he was under center, so that's not an excuse. The reason he got hurt was that he got ******* smoked when he was under center for Arizona, that offensive line was an absolute joke last year. It made Chicago's O-Line look like San Francisco's godtier line.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 3317020)
Some things are just reality. Pass protection excuse is in the context of Kolb not having a chance to be what he is. You are jumping down peoples throats like they had All Pro prospects for him.

I saw a similar level of protection failures in SF. Smith and whatever other QB put it were consistently under duress.

Why did Peyton Manning's yards per attempt jump up a yard from 2010 to 2012? A lot of that was the improved protection.

No qb in the league plays with a clean pocket every play. If you poled fans of every team, I bet over 80% would not be satisfied with protection bc everybody has an unrealistic expectation of their OL. Everyone wants SF's OL, and that's just not happening.

Isolate the player and evaluate what he does well and what he doesn't do well. It's easy to blame everyone else, but Kolb has plenty of warts that makes him a backup quarterback in this league.

bigbluedefense 03-31-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3317025)
Except that Kolb played well and Arizona played well when he was under center, so that's not an excuse. The reason he got hurt was that he got ******* smoked when he was under center for Arizona, that offensive line was an absolute joke last year. It made Chicago's O-Line look like San Francisco's godtier line.

Ok, let's just see how the studmuffin does in Buffalo ok?

What I don't get is, why do we have the same circular arguments every single year on this website and never learn from them? It's not like we're all new posters here, we've seen this story a million times already yet for some reason we think every offseason that somehow someway this time it will be different.

So let's just wait and see what happens. And if I'm wrong I'll admit it.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 04:17 PM

I wasn't a believer in Kolb until he looked good last season, despite having no running back, no offensive line or no tight end to help him. And the same thing goes with Alex Smith. I don't think Matt Flynn will do anything, but that's because there is like 2 games of tape on him in 4 seasons.

BallerT1215 03-31-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3317029)
Ok, let's just see how the studmuffin does in Buffalo ok?

What I don't get is, why do we have the same circular arguments every single year on this website and never learn from them? It's not like we're all new posters here, we've seen this story a million times already yet for some reason we think every offseason that somehow someway this time it will be different.

So let's just wait and see what happens. And if I'm wrong I'll admit it.

God I hope you are wrong. I can't take much more losing.

Rosebud 03-31-2013 05:22 PM

Kolb sucks total dick but he's there so that their rookie has to "earn" the starting job, and gets an extra few weeks of prep time before getting thrown into the fire.

G Mobile 03-31-2013 07:13 PM

Kolb is nothing special at all. He is only a marginal upgrade over Fitz at best. They should still draft a QB early. Kolb is super fragile.

vidae 03-31-2013 07:27 PM

Brodeur argued hardcore that Alex Smith was a good move for the Chiefs too. He just likes ****** QBs.

princefielder28 03-31-2013 07:29 PM

I don't know why people are bashing the Bills so much for signing Kolb. Are they signing him with the intentions that he's gonna be a difference maker? Absolutely not but he can be viewed as an upgrade (may not be a huge difference) over Fitzpatrick, and he's not the world's worst option to have in the game while they develop a young signal caller. Fitzpatrick also threw 54 interceptions over the last 3 seasons so I'm guessing Buffalo is hopeful that Kolb will be a better decision maker in the short term than Fitzpatrick.

Brodeur 03-31-2013 07:51 PM

Kolb was better with absolutely nothing at all on offense besides Larry Fitz last year than Fitz was with an above average offensive line, a good running game and decent weapons.

The Dynasty 03-31-2013 08:20 PM

I like this move for the Bills. It's a short term deal which allows them to still draft a QB early this year and allow him develop. I know some "experts" are pretty high on Nassib and saying he has the most upside in this draft and people are also high on EJ Manuel, which both of them should be there at the end of 1st if they want to trade up or stand their ground and wait till the 2nd Round.

He is a lot better than Fitzpatrick if he can stay healthy and he has a few nice options to help him out in Buffalo. Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller are very nice 1-2 combo and Stevie is very reliable.

FUNBUNCHER 03-31-2013 11:04 PM

OMG!! How good is Kevin Kolb's agent???
Did I ready correctly he signed for $6 to $7 mil a year?? Wow.

I still think Flynn would have been a better option.

ChiFan24 03-31-2013 11:12 PM

Meh, I'll take Fitzmagic over Kolb. At least Fitzmagic tries to throw the ball downfield and has a cool beard.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.