Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Pre-Draft 2013 Mock pt II *6 BIG Rounds* (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56150)

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 08:18 PM

Pre-Draft 2013 Mock pt II *6 BIG Rounds*

Sup.

RD.1

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Eric Fisher /OT/Central Michigan:
With the franchising of Albert, release of Winston, efforts to resign their defensive lineman, signing DeVito, and Reid's track record of investing big on the offensive line...it all points to an OT with the Chiefs pick-sorry Chief fans. Fisher is the choice because he has better physical tools then Joeckel, is the better run blocker and carries a higher upside. NFL comp Joe Staley

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
Talking up Geno but coach Bradley is not making the personnel decisions. Monroe is a fine LT but the Jags are lacking almost everywhere else upfront. Joeckel is the bpa and helps one of the weakest areas of the team. The line inevitably shifts and might not make everyone happy but as a whole it gets a lot better. NFL Comp. Jordan Gross

3. Oakland Raiders – Shariff Floyd* /DT-DE/ Florida:
Even with the recent signings of backups Walker and Sims, an elite interior player should still be high on their board. Floyd moves like an athletic DE and has the power of a plugging DT. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. Extremely clean prospect that will leave it all on the field. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Stock is now recovered after getting cleared and looking impressive at his pro day. Eagles have some pieces up front in their front 7 but no depth and a sub par starting NT. Star makes them a potential dangerous front group. NFL comp. Ndamkung Suh

5. Detroit Lions – Ezekiel Ansah /DE/ BYU:
I had Ziggy here just after the senior week practices, but changed it, and now I’m coming back around. Dominated the senior game after seemingly overthinking during the practices. His combine performance highlighted his monster upside and showed that he can be lined up almost anywhere. NFL Comp. Justin Tuck

6. TRADE Miami Dolphins (CLE) – Lane Johnson /OT/ Oklahoma:
One of the biggest risers out of senior week and he impressed at the combine as expected. Now regarded as having higher upside then either Fisher or Joeckel. The Dolphins have been spending heavily this off season but the offense could be derailed without a competent LT. Here they trade up, giving up their 2nd rounder to take Johnson.

7. Arizona Cardinals – Jonathan Cooper /OG-OC/ North Carolina:
Cooper’s ranked higher then Warmack on some teams' boards because he's the better athlete and could also play OC. Crazy high for an OG but positional value is different now with a new CBA. NFL Comp. Jahri Evans

8. Buffalo Bills – Dion Jordan /OLB/ Oregon:
Jordan’s got a similar skill set to previous busts like Jarvis Moss-Aaron Maybin, but I think his experience and ability in space separates him. It’s also remarkable that he put up such a solid season while playing half of it with that torn labrum. Had he stayed healthy, he'd have even more buzz. NFL comp. Julian Peterson

9. New York Jets - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
I think the interest in Geno Smith by teams in the top ten is just posturing to induce trades down. Crazy high for a OG but positional value is different now with a new CBA. Ryan has one more season to show some kind of legitimate turn around or he’s out. Warmack is pro ready and helps Ryan immediately get back to his brand of football. Key word with this choice is "safe". Even if a rookie pass rusher taken here gets 10 sacks next season, if the offense plays as bad as it was, they're still picking top 5 and Ryan's out. Top priority should be to fix the offense. NFL Comp. Will Shields

10. Tennessee Titans – Sheldon Richardson* /DE/ Missouri:
Richardson is like a LB trapped in a DT’s body. Huge motor, surprising power, along with his mobility, should make him a top 5 pick. He gets up field, shoots gaps, and chases the ball better then any other downlineman in this class. Played at 285 during the season before bulking up pre draft and could fit as a starting DE. Cut out a few pizzas and he’s nearly the same size as Derrick Morgan. NFL Comp. Justin Smith

11. TRADE Tampa Bay Buccaneers (SD)– Dee Milliner*/CB/ Alabama:
Even with a trade for Revis, the Bucs could take a CB with their first pick. Here they move up 2 spots to take the top rated guy, giving up a 4th rounder and a 14’ 5th. Blazed his 40 at Indy then stumbled through his positional workout. Still, he's the top ranked CB. NFL Comp. Corey Webster

12. TRADE Cleveland Browns (MIA) – Tyler Eifert /TE/ Notre Dame:
It's clear with the pursuit of Fred Davis that the Browns FO doesn't see Jordan Cameron as the guy at receiving TE. Chudzinski's offense revolves around the TEs to the degree that he's contemplating stitching K2 back together for a reunion. "Eifert is underrated and I think his stock will soar as the draft gets closer-starting with the combine." -Check. NFL Comp. Jason Witten

13. TRADE San Diego Chargers (TB) - Cordarrelle Patterson*/WR/Tennessee:
Although the Chargers are in need of a CB & LT, I’d say, with the top OTs likely long gone, McCoy’s first priority should be to replenish the talent on offense. They pick up a 4th rounder and a 14’ 5th rounder from TB and take a lightning rod of an offensive player. Patterson’s an insane open field runner for a taller guy. Extremely raw but his upside is in the HOF area. Great leaper should mesh well with the lob artist. NFL Comp. Josh Cribbs

14. Carolina Panthers – Tavon Austin /WR/ West Virginia:
Smitty has been one of the best little WRs the league’s ever seen. Austin can become the heir apparent. The value of a legitimate playmaker is higher than ever-Harvin/Cruz/Wallace. And similar to Harvin, Austin can be utilized everywhere on offense. NFL comp. Eric Metcalf

15. New Orleans Saints – Barkevious Mingo*/OLB/ LSU:
Mingo’s the freak athlete in need of a lot of polish but it’s doubtful he falls out of the top 15. NFL comp. Mathias Kiwanuka

16. St. Louis Rams - Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Allen’s worth a top ten pick imo. His stock might take a hit if he recovers slowly from his late season knee injury and Patterson/Austin blaze but the team that gets him will be rewarded. NFL Comp. Javon Walker

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Arthur Brown /LB/ Kansas St:
Unquestionably the best ILB in the draft and reportedly the Steelers like him. Undersized but doesn't play like it. He can thump inside while also looking great in space. He’s got it all but his size is looked at as a liability. Sound familiar? NFL Comp. Hardy Nickerson

18. Dallas Cowboys – Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
The top S in the draft. McShay gushed he's talented enough to even play some CB but he underwhelmed at the combine and pro day. Still looks like an ideal cover 2 safety. NFL Comp. Antrel Rolle

19. New York Giants – D.J. Fluker* /OT/Alabama:
Strong coaching and D.J.'s a sure pro bowler-Giants have that. Taking Fluker would help ensure they have better balance on offense this season with an improved running game.

20. TRADE Jacksonville Jaguars (CHI) – Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia
After strengthening the Oline, the Jags move back up to get a sliding Geno-giving the Bears their 2nd and their 3rd rounder. Top ten teams’ moves for vet QBs looks like an indicator that he’ll slide. Very good pro day but not a special combine showing. Spoke of his reluctance to run, saying he was the facilitator of the offense and didn't want to selfishly take it over. If true, is that a flag? Idk, but I'd prefer a guy who wants to take over games. I think he’s got an underrated (an underused) ability to improvise and the arm talent to make any throw. But he doesn’t look like the type that can do it alone. He’s streaky and will need all the parts in place and working to shine. NFL comp. Alex Smith

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jonathan Cyprien /S/ FIU:
Cyprien looks like a CB in drills at 6'1 209. NFL Comp. Morgan Burnett

22. St. Louis Rams - Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
Stellar pro day and being looked at as both an in the box guy and a capable single high type. Pound for pound, one of the most physical defenders in the draft that Fisher should love. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner

23. Minnesota Vikings - Sylvester Williams /DT/ UNC:
Williams looks a little like Geno Atkins every few snaps. His stock is climbing. NFL Comp. Jurrell Casey

24 Indianapolis Colts – Bjoern Werner* /DE-OLB/ Florida State:
Hallo. Everything I've read suggests Werner is not as highly rated as everyone thinks. But at his size, he still explodes off the ball and shows the ability to stand up. NFL comp. Paul Kruger

25. Minnesota Vikings (SEA) – Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Stock steadily recovering after the most bizarre pre draft controversy ever. NFL comp. Rey Mauluga

26. Green Bay Packers- Jarvis Jones* /LB/ Georgia:
Jones’ production speaks for itself but he’s carrying one too many flags to not drop. He could line up inside or outside. NFL comp. Chad Brown

27. Houston Texans – Jesse Williams /DT/ Alabama:
Not getting enough recognition but Williams should become a beast of an interior lineman in the NFL-able to play in any scheme. NFL Comp. Antonio Garay

28. Denver Broncos - Xavier Rhodes /CB/ Florida State:
Rhodes looked like a future top 5 pick early in his FSU career but has come down from that considerably. Still coveted by some but I think he’ll end up more of a late first round guy. He has the size to play safety if needed-and he might have to in the pros. NFL comp. Gary Baxter

29. New England Patriots – Datone Jones /DE-DT/ UCLA:
Already had Jones as a 2nd rounder before he looked great back at senior week. Any team, regardless of scheme, in need of more pass rush should find it hard to pass him up. NFL Comp. Cameron Jordan

30. Atlanta Falcons – Tank Carradine /DE/ Florida St:
Back to being a consensus first rounder. NFL Comp. Alex Brown

31. San Francisco 49ers – Desmond Trufant /CB/Washington:
Trufant came out of senior week being called a first round pick and followed it up with a solid combine and pro day. NFL Comp. Tracy Porter

32. Baltimore Ravens - Menelik Watson /OT/ Florida State:
Extremely raw but a tremendous talent for the position. I think they’d like to keep Oher on the right side.

RD.2

1. TRADE Chicago Bears (JAC) – Brian Schwenke /OC/ California:
Mayock gushed about him back at senior week. NFL Comp. Ryan Kalil

2. San Francisco 49ers (KC) – Terrance Williams /WR/ Baylor:
Wiiliams has size and speed but it's his quick feet that I think will make him a great pro. Sort of a sleeper that’s going to end up a steal in the right offense. NFL comp. Devery Henderson

3. Philadelphia Eagles – E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
E.J.’s got great size, arm and running ability but doesn't utilize it all well. He’s passive and shrinks in the big moments. But with the success of recent running QBs, it’ll push up his stock. Getting to sit for a season and learn Kelly’s system might make it work. NFL Comp. Tarvaris Jackson

4. Detroit Lions – Jamar Taylor /CB/ Boise State:
His draft stock is really rising. Plays press and off man equally well but doesn’t tackle as well as his size suggests. NFL Comp. Deshea Townsend

5. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK) – Alec Ogletree* /LB/ Georgia:
Red flags imo should still hurt his draft status. I didn't really recognize how much of a freak athlete Ogletree was until I watched the all star skills contest and saw him demonstrate quicker feet then Robert Woods. Fills the stat sheet on a talented Georgia D but is still pretty raw and has the character flags. NFL Comp. Boss Bailey

6. TRADE San Diego Chargers (ARI) – Terron Armstead /OT/ Arkansas Pine-Bluff:
Chargers might be serious to get a LT if they miss out in the first. Here, they give up the 4th rounder they got from TB in the first to move up.

7. Cleveland Browns (supp) - Josh Gordon /WR/ Baylor:
Supplemental pick Flash was the Browns best WR last season. That's good and bad. NFL comp. Vincent Jackson

8. New York Jets – Zach Ertz* /TE/ Stanford:
Ertz doesn't look as good a prospect to me as Fleener, who went high 2nd last year but underperformed as a rookie. Still, some see him as a first round talent. NFL Comp Coby Fleener

9. Tennessee Titans – Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
I would prefer a bigger guy for the Titans but they showed a lot of interest in Amendola and I’ve readthat their impressed with Woods. He was sort of the forgotten guy after his mediocre junior season but he’s healthy now and his stock is heating up. What I like most is his toughness. NFL comp. Santonio Holmes

10. Buffalo Bills - Kevin Minter* /ILB/ LSU:
Minter abundantly solves the ILB hole. An underrated guy that should go before Te’o but probably won’t. NFL Comp. Stephen Tulloch

11. Miami Dolphins – Alex Okafor /DE/ Texas:
Okafor was the best Texas defender imo and was one of the best defensive players back at senior week. NFL Comp. Andre Carter

12. TRADE New York Jets (TB) – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
I think the Revis trade goes down. TB sends their 13 2nd and 14 first. Jets use the pick to get a new QB. Barkley would likely not have too much trouble beating out his alum. He could bring everything Sanchez had to the offense minus the drive killing turnovers. NFL comp. Chad Pennington

13. Carolina Panthers – Brandon Williams /DT/ Missouri Southern State:
Since his performance senior week, he's been quietly rising. NFL Comp. Phil Taylor

14. New Orleans Saints – forfeited:

15. TRADEArizona Cardinals (SD) – Justin Pugh /OT/ Syracuse:
Knocked for his measurables but Pugh looks like one of the best OTs in the draft. He could start at LT if they don’t trust Levi or go inside and make the interior a force. They pick up an extra 4th to move down. NFL Comp. Eric Steinbach

16. St Louis Rams – Larry Warford /OG/ Kentucky:
Looked like a first round guy in Mobile on the field, unfortunately not the weigh in. If he keeps his weight in check, he looks like a great player for awhile. NFL Comp. Andre Smith

17. Dallas Cowboys - Kyle Long /OG/ Oregon:
Ultra athletic project can eventually start outside or inside. Carries some off field issues but has that solid lineage.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Quinton Patton /WR/ Louisiana Tech:
Not fast but great feet, stop and start ability along with solid size and catches everything. NFL Comp. Donald Driver

19. New York Giants – Damontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
Stock has taken a freefall. But incredibly productive in his first season playing with his hand down inside a tougher conference and still very young. NFL comp. Paul Spicer

20. Chicago Bears – Sio Moore /LB/ UConn:
A guy I’ve liked all season deservedly starting to generate buzz after a good showing at both the shrine and Mobile. Eventually he’ll be an ILB. Comp. Lawrence Timmons

21. TRADE Buffalo Bills (WAS) – Ryan Nassib /QB/ Syracuse:
Bills finally make a move to land their guy, moving up 20 spots and giving up their 3rd, a 14’ 3rd and this year’s 5th to the Redskins. Nassib didn’t stand out at senior week practices but the word is teams are still high on him. The Bills deflected interest in him early but it could have been a smoke screen. He’s got decent arm strength, mobility and accuracy. Not always consistent but he could respond to better talent around him in the NFL. NFL Comp. Andy Dalton

22. Minnesota Vikings – DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:
Hopkins is loved by some but I’m not quite as high on him. Still, he’s got great ball skills, quickness and the mindset of a #1 WR. NFL comp. Nate Burleson

23. Cincinnati Bengals – Eddie Lacy*/RB/ Alabama:
Superbly talented but also playing behind a phenomenal line. But his feet, agility and speed at 220+ is special. And he comes with a ready made catch phrase. NFL Comp. Fred Taylor

24. TRADE Cleveland Browns (MIA) – Tyrann Mathieu* /CB/ LSU:
I’m split on which prospect I like better, Mathieu or D.J. Hayden. If TM showed the same awareness and humility in private team interviews he’s shown on media interviews, he’s going to get some execs banging the table for him. Looked at as a nickel by some but I’ll wager more than a few see him as a starter on the outside. Browns pursued Grimes as a starter who’s about the same size. Also projects as a real difference maker in the in the return game, another need in Cleveland. I think Lombardi pulls the trigger before Belichick can. NFL Comp. Aaron Glenn

25. Green Bay Packers – Giovanni Bernard* /RB/ North Carolina:
Not as fast as the big runs would indicate and has some durability and physicality concerns, but can make something out of nothing with impressive natural running skills. If he demonstrates toughness as a pro, he’s LeSean McCoy. NFL Comp. Leon Washington

26. Seattle Seahawks - Kawaan Short /DT/ Purdue:
When his motors on, Short’s a top 20 guy. He could drop because of inconsistency but he'll probably generate buzz though senior week and the combine. Seattle could be interested in an upgrade for Branch beyond what they already have. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers

27. Houston Texans – Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
Possible deep & red zone threat if he comes back fully from his knee injury. NFL comp. Malcolm Floyd

28. Denver Broncos – Travis Frederick* /OC/ Wisconsin:
Huge run blocker should upgrade the interior immediately.

29. New England Patriots – D.J. Hayden /CB/ Houston:
Stock catapulted recently and the only thing holding him back is the med check on his injury. I’ve gotten a look since his name popped and I’m impressed. He likely would have been a first rounder and maby the first CB taken, if not for the injury. He’ll be slowed initially but so too will Milliner with to his shoulder. NFL Comp. Lardarius Webb

30. Atlanta Falcons – Corey Lemonier* /DE/ Auburn:
Lemonier has been one of the most consistent rushers in the country for awhile, and only fell off the second half of his senior season. Falcons have shown some interest. NFL Comp. Robert Mathis

31. San Francisco 49ers – John Jenkins /DT/ Georgia:
Bust potential for sure but you can't coach up size + motor. Jenkins gets blown off the ball too often for a guy of his size but massive DTs who can move and hustle are rare commodities-I guess. NFL comp. Shaun Smith

32. Baltimore Ravens – Jon Bostic /ILB/ Florida:
Inside thumper ran faster than most expected and should see his stock rise. NFL Comp Joe Mays

RD.3

1. Kansas City Chiefs – David Amerson*/S/ NC State:
First rounder as a junior and a late round guy as a senior. He’ll fair better as a safety. NFL Comp. Kerry Rhodes

2. TRADEChicago Bears (JAC) – Markus Wheaton /WR/ Arizona State:
Wiry strong and lightening quick, Wheaton will outperform his draft position. NFL Comp. Steve Breaston

3. Detroit Lions – Sam Montgomery* /DE/ LSU:
So much for telling the truth in interviews. LSU coaches’ criticism adds to concerns over character along with poor junior season. NFL comp. Brandon Graham

4. Oakland Raiders – Blidi Wreh-Wilson /CB/ UConn:
Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could go pretty high. NFL Comp Stanford Rout

5. Philadelphia Eagles – Gavin Escobar* /TE/ San Diego St
Big athletic TE who blocks and moves extremely well for his size. NFL Comp. Dennis Pitta

6. Cleveland Browns – Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid’s stock has risen lately as expected but he’s also got some poor junior tape to deal with. NFL comp. William Moore

7. Arizona Cardinals – John Simon /OLB-DE/ Ohio State:
Superb workout at pro day has him moving up. NFL Comp. Matt Roth

8. Tennessee Titans – David Quessenberry /OG-OT/ San Jose State:
One of the best lineman senior week. Helped himself as much as anyone and looked great in drills at the combine. Great quickness and agility into the second level and nasty attitude but needs to get stronger.

9. TRADE Washington Redskins (BUF) – Robert Alford /CB/ Southeast Louisiana:
Alford lived up to the buzz senior week and combine and looks like the type Raheem Morris would love to coach. NFL Comp. Vontae Davis

10. New York Jets - Denard Robinson /RB/ Michigan:
Blazing playmaker who’s gotten overlooked because of his post season injury. I think his best position will be RB. NFL Comp. Jamaal Charles

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Wilson’s small hands and the beating he took as a senior are looking like deal breakers for his stock. The team that eventually drafts him is going to get a big steal. NFL comp. Matt Hasselbeck

12. San Francisco 49ers (CAR) – Margus Hunt /DE/ SMU:
Still will shine at the combine but looked like an enormous project at senior week practices. First round? :no NFL Comp. Jason Jones

13. New Orleans Saints – DJ Swearinger /S/ South Carolina:
Regarded as a high round pick in some places. The Saints need to address the safety spots and cut dead weight.

14. San Diego Chargers – Shamarko Thomas /S/ Syracuse:
Created a lot of buzz in Indy even with a faceplant. NFL Comp. T.J. Ward

15. Miami Dolphins – Khassem Greene /OLB/ Rutgers:
Former safety who's become a dominant defender. NFL Comp. Angelo Crowell

16. St. Louis Rams – Sanders Commings /S-CB/ Georgia:
Super sized CB with straight line speed should make the move to S as a pro.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Mike Glennon /QB/ NC State:
I was initially impressed how Glennon had come along this past season...then I took a look at him vs Virginia and it all fell apart-ditto his bowl game. Might pick up big numbers in the right offense but will probably never shake the tendency to make unforced mistakes. Buyer beware. Most damning thing being talked about him is that he might not be a leader. However, backing up Roethlisberger for the near future and honing his game really helps. NFL Comp. Derek Anderson

18. Dallas Cowboys – Jonathan Franklin /RB/ UCLA:
Franklin looked great senior week but will always be undersized. His character + talent has him rising.

19. New York Giants – Jonathan Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
First round talent but questionable motor and poor game tape plus the quality defensive line depth in this draft should have his stock dropping. NFL Comp. Shaun Rogers

20. Miami Dolphins (CHI) – Christian Michael /RB/ Texas A&M:
Eye popping testing but major character issues. Gets to rejoin his former coach and QB.

21. Minnesota Vikings – Johnthan Banks /CB-S/ Mississippi St:
Stock now depends on how well he looks in Indianapolis. Well, safety now imo but he could also shine in the Viking scheme at CB. NFL Comp. Brandon Browner

22. Cincinnati Bengals - Jordan Mills /OT-OG/ Louisiana Tech:
Mills was a late add senior week played very well by all accounts. Bengals look like they need depth at OT and OG.

23. Washington Redskins – Darius Slay /CB/ Mississippi St.:
Stock is rising but I’m still not all in yet. NFL Comp. Derek Cox

24. Indianapolis Colts - Da'Rick Rogers* /WR/ Tenn. Tech:
Should probably stay another year but circumstances might have him declaring. NFL Comp. Kenny Britt

25. Seattle Seahawks – Vance McDonald /TE/ Rice:
Impressed everyone in Mobile with his size and athleticism but is still a big project. NFL Comp. Ben Watson

26. Green Bay Packers – Barrett Jones /OC-OG/ Alabama:
Instantly upgrades the interior. NFL Comp. Max Unger

27. Houston Texans – Brennan Williams /OT/UNC:
Coming back from injury, if everything works out, could wind up a steal.

28. Denver Broncos – Le'Veon Bell* /RB/ Michigan State:
Bell is possibly the most slept on prospect right now. Mired on a terrible college offense, he’ll end up an absolute steal in the NFL. Eddie George

29. New England Patriots – Stedman Bailey*/WR/ West Virginia:
High on Bailey since last year when I thought he physically abused Mo Claiborne at the los and out quicked him in the open field. He's underrated due to his big play teammate and should go higher. NFL Comp. Doug Baldwin

30. Atlanta Falcons – Gerald Hodges /OLB/ Penn State:
A guy really flying under the radar that is extremely athletic and showed some ability at the Shrine to play inside or outside.

31. San Francisco 49ers – Jamie Collins /OLB-DE/ Southern Miss:
Raw all around but has elite athleticism. The type you just unleash on the QB as a rookie.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:
Bigger WR that showed impressive speed and above average route running senior week. And Ravens have shown interest. NFL Comp. Chris Chambers

*33. Houston Texans – Tyler Bray* /QB/ Tennessee:
Bray’s got a Cutler/Stafford caliber arm but seemingly the intangibles of Matt Leinart. NFL Comp. Ryan Mallett

*34. Kansas City Chiefs – Kiko Alonso /ILB/ Oregon :
If he can convince teams his college off field antics are entirely behind him, he could go here or higher with his talent. NFL Comp. Kawika Mitchell

*35. Tennessee Titans – Duke Williams /S/ Nevada:
One of my favorite prospects, Williams is underrated and will be a quality starter. NFL Comp. Ryan Clark

RD.4

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Phillip Thomas /S/ Fresno St:
Created a lot of buzz early but I don't think he goes as high as expected. His playmaking could drastically help out a depleted Jac secondary.

2. Kansas City Chiefs – Andre Ellington /RB/ Clemson:
Homerun hitting complement is a bargain in the 4th. NFL Comp. Joe McKnight

3. Oakland Raiders – Leon McFadden /CB/ San Diego State:
Impressed senior week but must run well to maintain a high draft stock. NFL Comp. Leonard Johnson

4. Philadelphia Eagles – Montori Hughes /DE/ Tenn-Martin:
Talented enough to go higher but has some character issues.

5. Minnesota Vikings (DET)– Cornelius Washington /DE/ Georgia:
Forgettable college production but really impressing in pre draft evals.

6. Arizona Cardinals – Montee Ball /RB/ Wisconsin:
Ball's had some off field issues and subpar testing could drop his stock.

7. Cleveland Browns – Brian Winters /OG/ Kent State:
Rough around the edges but a monster run blocker with the athletic ability to become a sound pass blocker eventually.

8. Buffalo Bills – Shawn Williams /S/ Georgia:
Testing well will really help his status and solidify him as a mid round guy. Mixed reviews senior week but held his own.

9. New York Jets – Brandon Jenkins* /DE-OLB/ FSU:
Highly rated pre injury and could be a steal for whoever takes a chance.

10. Tennessee Titans – Vince Williams /ILB/ Florida State:
Solid senior week and had a strong showing at FSU's pro day. Mayock mentioned he's probably a 3rd or 4th round pick. NFL Comp. Tim Dobbins

11. Carolina Panthers – Xavier Gooden /OLB/ Missouri:
Undersized blazer creating some buzz but I seem to remember him losing it a couple seasons back and throwing a punch at a guy he couldn’t get to the ground that he was trying to tackle?

12. New Orleans Saints – Marquis Goodwin /WR/ Texas:
Track guy showed well and looked like the top deep threat in Mobile senior week-backed it up at the combine.

13. San Diego Chargers – Jordan Reed* /TE/ Florida:
Might start creating buzz after the combine. An underrated guy that could be a steal. NFL Comp. Aaron Hernandez

14. Miami Dolphins – Logan Ryan* /CB/ Rutgers:
Size, ball skills-needs to show well in the post season to rise. NFL Comp. Leon Hall

15. TRADE Arizona Cardinals (NYJ)(TB) – J.J. Wilcox /S/ Georgia Southern:
Showed size/speed and skills to mold senior week gaining the praise of analysts. Also a good KR.

16. St. Louis Rams – Stephan Taylor /RB/ Stanford:
Solid all-around RB didn’t disappoint senior week.

17. Dallas Cowboys – Akeem Spence* /DT/ Illinois:
Built like a fire hydrant and could learn to be effective 43 nose.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers – Baccari Rambo /S/ Georgia:
Has all the athletic ability but needs good coaching to be a quality starter.

19. New York Giants – DeVonte Holloman /LB/ South Carolina:
Showed well at shrine practices. Former safety that could project to inside or outside LB.

20. Chicago Bears – Marc Anthony /CB/California:
Big corner who’s been defending solid talents Marvin Jones and Keenan Allen the past 2 yrs at practice. Quicker then fast type with the length and physicality to be a great press or off man corner. NFL Comp. Carlos Rodgers

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Landry Jones /QB/ Oklahoma:
Streaky but when he's on he's pretty good. Could push for a bigger role in time. NFL Comp. Brandon Weeden

22. Washington Redskins - Earl Wolff /S/ NC State:
Unheralded SS that showed off at the combine.

23. Minnesota Vikings – Dallas Thomas /OG/ Tennessee:
Versatile and athletic helps out inside and outside.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Jordan Poyer /CB/ Oregon State:
Poyer was one of the best CBs at senior week practices but has since seen his stock decline. NFL Comp. Cary Williams

25. Green Bay Packers – Xavier Nixon /OT/ Florida:
Mostly held his own at senior week practices. Helps on the left and right side.

26. Seattle Seahawks – Dustin Hopkins /K/ FSU:
Big enough need to go here early.

27. Houston Texans – Garrett Gilkey /OG-OT/ Chaldron St:
Showed pretty well at senior week practices. OG with the capability of playing RT in their scheme.

28. Denver Broncos – Josh Boyce /WR/ TCU:
I guy I've been liking all season but thought his speed would make him a late round pick. After blazing at Indy his stock is definitely up. Poor man's Anquan Boldin.

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NE) – Travis Kelce /TE/ Cincinnati:
A possible 2nd round pick if not for the nagging injuries and character concerns.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Nick Kasa /TE/ Colorado:
Big, fairly athletic guy that could learn a lot and emerge.

31. San Francisco 49ers – T.J. McDonald /S/ USC:
Knocked for being Taylor Mays v2 but has looked good in every post season evaluation so far.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.

*33. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Grissom /NT/ South Florida:
Ozzie mentioned the need to get better inside. Grissom can compete at NT.

*34. San Francisco 49ers – Matt Scott /QB/ Aizona:
Scott was considered the best thrower at the combine by more than a few observers. With the running QB trend, I'll think he'll he could come off the board much earlier than expected. Niners have a jam at QB already but it’ll thin out. NFL Comp. Josh Johnson

*35. Detroit Lions – Hugh Thornton /OG-OT/ Illinois:
Hulking OG that could develop into a solid starter.

*36. Atlanta Falcons – B.W. Webb /CB/ William & Mary:
Small school guy singled out by many for his impressive play at senior week practices, but knocked for his lack of physicality.

RD.5

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Tavares King /WR/ Georgia:
Sleeper who I’d bet outperforms his draft position. NFL Comp. Chad Johnson

2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Terry Hawthorne /CB/ Illinois:
Blistering testing and is physical with size but poor senior season makes him a mid to late round guy .

3. Philadelphia Eagles – Aaron Dobson /WR/ Marshall:
Physical high point guy that becomes a force if he learns to run routes.

4. Detroit Lions – Dwayne Gratz /CB/ UConn:
Opened eyes with his testing at the combine following a solid showing at senior week practices where he really looked better then Wreh-Wilson. NFL Comp Zach Bowman

5. Seattle Seahawks (OAK)– Nick Becton /OT/ Virginia Tech:
Fairly athletic tackle that can be groomed as a starter on the right side and back up on the left.

6. Cleveland Browns – Cobi Hamilton /WR/ Arkansas:
Huge fan of Hamilton. He was unstoppable for the Razorbacks this past season. Best aspect of his game is run after the catch ability. NFL Comp. Danario Alexander

7. Arizona Cardinals – Dion Sims* /TE/ Michigan St:
A bear of a blocker but with great hands and potential in the passing game. NFL Comp. Marcedes Lewis

8. New York Jets - Trevardo Williams /OLB/ UConn:
Gets hung up on blockers too much but has a top notch burst and speed around the corner.

9. Tennessee Titans – Earl Watford /OG/ James Madison:
Impressed at the combine, imo, with his overall athletic ability.

10. TRADE Washington Redskins (BUF) - Micah Hyde /S/ Iowa:
College CB transitioning to FS has very good ball skills.

11. New Orleans Saints – Zac Dysert /QB/ Miami (OH):
Luke McCown? :no

12. San Diego Chargers – Kenyon Barner /RB/ Oregon:
Chargers need another option in the backfield.

13. Miami Dolphins – Bennie Logan* /DT/ LSU:
LSU underclassman sale.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Catapano /DE/ Princeton:
Ultra athletic Ivy leaguer the Bucs have shown interest in.

15. Carolina Panthers – Rontez Miles /S/ California (PA):
Small school safety with a chance to earn a role in the Panthers poor secondary.

16. St. Louis Rams – Jordan Hill /DT/ Penn State:
Penetrating 3 tech DT.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Chris Gragg /TE/ Arkansas
Undersized highly athletic guy fills a need.

18. Dallas Cowboys – Maliciah Goodman /DE/ Clemson:
Needed depth guy that happens to have tremendous size.

19. New York Giants – Joseph Randle* /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should go higher then this. If he continues to get stronger as a pro, he'll be a pro bowl back. NFL comp. DaMarco Murray

20. Chicago Bears – Sean Porter /OLB/ Texas A&M:
Not overly athletic but shows versatility and tackling ability.

21. Washington Redskins – Nickell Roby* /CB/ USC:
Small man to man tough guy ideal for the increasingly important nickel CB spot. 3 CBs is a bit much but Biggers, Wilson and Hall are all signed slated to be FAs after the season.NFL Comp. Ray Mickens

22. Minnesota Vikings - Mike Gillislee /RB/ Florida:
Does everything well and has looked good in post season evals but is still under the radar.

23. Cincinnati Bengals - David Bass /DE/ Missouri Western State:
The defensive star of the Shrine week practices.

24. Cleveland Browns (SF) – Brett Maher /P-K/ Nebraska:
Dual threat top notch punter and kicker fills a big need.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Onterio McCalebb /KR-RB/ Auburn:
Blazer that can be an upgrade in the return game.

26. Green Bay Packers – William Ghoulston /DE/ Michigan State:
Prototypical 34 DE on the surface but just doesn't do enough.

27. Houston Texans – Ty Powell /ILB/ Harding:
Former S, DE, who’s under the radar but shown well at the combine and pro day.

28. Denver Broncos – Lavar Edwards /DE/ LSU:
Completely lost LSU entry with all the underclassman.

29. Washington Redskins – William Campbell /DE-NT/ Michigan:
Sleeper that could wind up playing in the league for awhile.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Ace Sanders*/WR/South Carolina:
Lightening quick jump-starter for any offense and sp tms.

31. San Francisco 49ers – Michael Williams /TE/ Alabama:
Tries to fill Delanie’s roll as a blocker and part time receiving TE.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Armonty Bryant /DE-OLB/ E.C. Oklahoma
Small school guy generating interest as a hybrid type.

*33. Miami Dolphins – Alvin Bailey* /OG/ Arkansas :
Athletic big man didn't get a chance to show anything at the combine. NFL Comp. Donald Thomas

*34. Green Bay Packers – Kyle Juszczyk /FB/ USC:
Top ranked FB to take over for Kuhn.

*35. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Evans /S/ Florida:
Possesses the tools but remains a project.

RD.6

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Quanterus Smith /DE/ Western Kentucky:
Collegiate sack artist can only help.

2. Kansas City Chiefs – Michael Buchannon /OLB/ Illinois:
College DE suited much better to play OLB as a pro.

3. Detroit Lions – Dalton Freeman /OC/ Clemson:
Getting healthy and generating buzz from a number of teams.

4. Oakland Raiders – Ryan Otten /TE/ San Diego St:
Solid rec TE put himself back on the map with a very good pro day workout.

5. Cleveland Browns – Stansly Maponga /DE-OLB/ TCU:
Slept on tweener is a good bet to outperform his draft position.

6. Arizona Cardinals – Devin Taylor /DE/ South Carolina:
Underachiever getting some buzz because of his length and athleticism at 34 DE.

7. San Francisco 49ers (CLE) – Kenny Stills /WR/ Oklahoma:
Competition for the 3rd WR spot and RS. And for best hair.

8. Oakland Raiders (ARI)– Reid Fragel /OT/ Ohio State:
Athletic with length but lacking strength.

9. Buffalo Bills – Stephane Milhim /OG/ UMass:
I thought he looked impressive at the combine and read he improved at his pro day.

10. New York Jets - Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:
Followed up a rough senior week with a solid combine.

11. San Diego Chargers – Bruce Taylor /ILB/ Virginia Tech:
Tested poorly but had a very productive career at VTech and does everything well.

12. San Francisco 49ers – David Bakhtiari /OG/ Colorado:
College LT gets to move inside in the pros.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Steve Williams /CB/ California:
Blazing run at Indianapolis has put him on the map.

14. Carolina Panthers – Chris Faulk /OG-OT/ LSU:
Over hyped before his injury but has the length and strength to make an impact inside or out.

15. New Orleans Saints – Kayvon Webster /CB/ South Florida:
Great pro day/combine testing should get him a shot.

16. St. Louis Rams – Ryan Swope /WR/ Texas A&M:
Doesn’t play as fast as he timed and has history of concussions. But still a solid slot prospect.

17. Dallas Cowboys – Kapron Lewis-Moore /DT/ Notre Dame:
Undervalued after getting injured in the bowl game.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers– Zac Stacy /RB/ Vanderbilt:
Late round RB that should find a role.

19. New York Giants – Kenny Tate /OLB/ Maryland:
College career derailed but still has good upside.

20. Chicago Bears – Sean Renfree /QB/ Duke:
Competes to back up Cutler.

21. Minnesota Vikings – Marcus Davis /WR/ Virginia Tech:
Huge underachiever that has a Jerry Porter skill set but hasn’t utilized it.

22. Cincinnati Bengals - Lucas Reed /TE/ New Mexico:
Impressive pro day workout compares favorably to Eifert’s numbers. The Bengals have few needs but Gresham hasn’t progressed as well as hoped and Charles was a non factor.

23. Washington Redskins – Chris Jacobsen /OG/ Pittsburgh:
Zone blocker for depth.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Marcus Lattimore* /RB/ South Carolina:
Even more inspiration for the NFL’s most inspirational team last year.

25. Green Bay Packers – Don Jones /S/ Arkansas St:
Off the radar guy that helped his stock with a terrific pro day workout.

26. Seattle Seahawks – Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
Aboushi had a rough senior week and very poor testing but played well for Virginia this past season.

27. Houston Texans – Meshak Williams /OLB/ Kansas State:
Undervalued DE/OLB that should add rush help to any team.

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Michael Ford /RB/ LSU:
Productive committee back at LSU turned out a much better workout then expected.

29. Cincinnati Bengals – Lanear Sampson /WR/ Baylor:
Size/speed guy that ran blistering 40s at both the combine and pro day and potentially could be a good playmaker. OC mentioned the possibility of adding another WR.

30. Atlanta Falcons – Braden Brown /OT/ BYU:
Depth a significant need now. Brown's athletic enough to land on either side.

31. Baltimore Ravens – Levine Toilolo /TE/ Stanford:
Ravens have a slew of picks and should go bpa in the later rounds.

32. Baltimore Ravens - J.C. Trettor /OC/ Cornell:
Competes at OC.

*33. Houston Texans – Mychal Rivera /TE/ Tennessee:
Unheralded rec TE that has shown well in every post season test.

*34. Tennessee Titans – Mike Mauti /LB/ Penn State:
Depth guy who will run through a wall for his teammates.

*35. Baltimore Ravens – Devon Smith /CB/ Wisconsin:
Another solid depth guy for competition on sts and the secondary.

*36. Kansas City Chiefs – Joe Kruger* /DE/ Utah:
Wildcard early entry projects as a 34 DE.

*37. Oakland Raiders – Quinn Sharp /P/ Oklahoma State:
Marquette King? :no

*38. Pittsburgh Steelers– Melvin White /DB/ UL Lafayette:
Tall hard hitting CB lacking great hips and feet for man coverage but could fit with improved technique or play inside at safety.

princefielder28 04-03-2013 08:24 PM

The Packers doctors have never shown the willingness to roll the dice on spinal question marks (Sharpe, Murphy, Collins) so I would find it very unlikely that they'd bring in Jarvis Jones. He also wouldn't have a spot to start.

After selecting Barrett Jones, the Dallas Thomas selection doesn't work for me because I don't see the potential for him to be a left tackle. I'd much prefer a player like Becton there as a developmental left tackle prospect.

Robcards 04-03-2013 08:26 PM

Dee Milliner is available at 9 and the Jets... PASS? Uhhh, reasoning??

ChiFan24 04-03-2013 08:29 PM

You still have the Jaguars picking in the third even though they traded it to the Bears. I love Wheaton, so I would just give him to the Bears there anyway.

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 3320222)
You still have the Jaguars picking in the third even though they traded it to the Bears. I love Wheaton, so I would just give him to the Bears there anyway.

Thanks. Wheaton's supposed to be Chicago's pick.

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3320220)
Dee Milliner is available at 9 and the Jets... PASS? Uhhh, reasoning??

Not particularly high on Milliner and I think he goes lower than expected. But it's a good point that the Jets would need another CB at some point if Revis is dealt. so little picks..so many needs...

EDIT

10. New York Jets - Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:

nobodyinparticular 04-03-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Leader (Post 3320212)

Even with the recent signings of backups Walker and Sims, an elite interior player should still be high on their board. Floyd moves like an athletic DE and has the power of a plugging DT. Tragic background that makes you root for him no matter what. Extremely clean prospect that will leave it all on the field. NFL Comp. Darnell Dockett

Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could go pretty high. NFL Comp Corey Webster

Impressed senior week but must run well to maintain a high draft stock. NFL Comp. Leonard Johnson

8. Arizona Cardinals – Will Davis /CB/ Utah St:

*37. Oakland Raiders – Brad Wing /P/ LSU:

Good god what an awful draft. They don't get a single player who will get to the QB from the outside which is the biggest area of need for this team, they don't get a plugger in the middle, they don't address either the RT or RG position and they draft a ******* punter?

Also, that Cardinals pick is the Raiders'.

Nastradamus 04-03-2013 09:39 PM

Ok, I'm going to be the idiot who asks. What's Lacy's catch phrase?

coordinator0 04-03-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

32. Baltimore Ravens - Menelik Watson /OT/ Florida State:
Extremely raw but a tremendous talent for the position. I think they’d like to keep Oher on the right side.

32. Baltimore Ravens – Jon Bostic /ILB/ Florida:
Inside thumper ran faster than most expected and should see his stock rise. NFL Comp Joe Mays

32. Baltimore Ravens - Chris Harper /WR/ Kansas State:
Bigger WR that showed impressive speed and above average route running senior week. And Ravens have shown interest. NFL Comp. Chris Chambers

32. Baltimore Ravens - Kevin Reddick /ILB/ North Carolina:
Solid unspectacular inside LB does a little bit of everything.

*33. Baltimore Ravens - Corey Grissom /NT/ :
Ozzie mentioned the need to get better inside. Grissom can compete at NT.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Armonty Bryant /DE-OLB/ E.C. Oklahoma
Small school guy generating interest as a hybrid type.

*35. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Evans /S/ Florida:
Possesses the tools but remains a project.

31. Baltimore Ravens – Levine Toilolo /TE/ Stanford:
Ravens have a slew of picks and should go bpa in the later rounds.

32. Baltimore Ravens - J.C. Trettor /OC/ Cornell:
Competes at OC.

*35. Baltimore Ravens – Devon Smith /CB/ Wisconsin:
Another solid depth guy for competition on sts and the secondary.

Meh. This is an alright Ravens draft but I wouldn't be too excited about it. Watson still goes against every first pick Newsome has ever made. There's a first time for everything but it's not likely. I'm not a big Bostic fan but I could see the Ravens taking him. The second round seems a bit high though. I like Harper in the third round. Reddick is alright in the 4th round. What I dislike most about that pick is that he's pretty similar to Bostic and the rest of the ILBs on Baltimore's roster. That would give them all "thumper" types and they need at least one guy who can be a nickel LB.

I'm not seeing a NT being taken high if the rumblings about ngata moving to that position are true. I don't know anything about Bryant. Evans isn't bad there but Baltimore needs a starter at S not another project. Their 4th round pick from last year was just suspended for the first 4 games (not that I thought he was starting anyways) and that leaves Ihedigbo as the starter at SS. You would probably like that as a Browns fan speaking as a Ravens fan I pray that doesn't happen. The last three picks are solid.

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3320262)
Good god what an awful draft. They don't get a single player who will get to the QB from the outside which is the biggest area of need for this team, they don't get a plugger in the middle, they don't address either the RT or RG position and they draft a ******* punter?

Also, that Cardinals pick is the Raiders'.

Thanks for the catch. Perfect now! ;

Quote:

Mixed views on Blidi but with his size/speed he could go pretty high. NFL Comp Corey Webster

8. Oakland Raiders (ARI)– Reid Fragel /OT/ Ohio State:
Athletic with length but lacking strength.

*37. Oakland Raiders – Brad Wing /P/ LSU:

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastradamus (Post 3320277)
Ok, I'm going to be the idiot who asks. What's Lacy's catch phrase?

:njx: You got laced. :snare drum:

K Train 04-03-2013 10:23 PM

seriously some of the worst drafting the steelers could pull off.

Arthur Brown is OK, dont love the pick at 17 but i could live with it. Much rather have Jarvis Jones

Patton over Hunter is a travesty. Theres zero justifying that pick

Mike Glennon in general is a travesty to watch..they would take franklin, hankins, bell, or bray over glennon. Jesus id be so mad

Mcdonald would be picked over Rambo

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

Would prefer Jarvis Jones but I can't complain. Does Kenny Lattimore= Marcus Lattimore?

49erNation85 04-03-2013 10:47 PM

great rep for a full 6 rounds! Only thing I would change in 6th is a kicker needs to be drafted! Other then that great draft for sf!

Brown Leader 04-03-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock (Post 3320345)
Would prefer Jarvis Jones but I can't complain. Does Kenny Lattimore= Marcus Lattimore?

Nah, I meant the singer. You've got to change it up now and again. Think outside the box.

Kyle472 04-04-2013 12:37 AM

Lucky Jacksonville, they get the best player in the draft with the 2nd pick, very unlucky Kansas City though.

BallerT1215 04-04-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

8. Buffalo Bills – Dion Jordan /OLB/ Oregon:
Jordan’s got a similar skill set to previous busts like Jarvis Moss-Aaron Maybin, but I think his experience and ability in space separates him. It’s also remarkable that he put up such a solid season while playing half of it with that torn labrum. Had he stayed healthy, he'd have even more buzz. NFL comp. Julian Peterson

10. Buffalo Bills - Kevin Minter* /ILB/ LSU:
Minter abundantly solves the ILB hole. An underrated guy that should go before Te’o but probably won’t. NFL Comp. Stephen Tulloch

21. TRADE Buffalo Bills (WAS) – Ryan Nassib /QB/ Syracuse:
Bills finally make a move to land their guy, moving up 20 spots and giving up their 3rd, a 14’ 3rd and this year’s 5th to the Redskins. Nassib didn’t stand out at senior week practices but the word is teams are still high on him. The Bills deflected interest in him early but it could have been a smoke screen. He’s got decent arm strength, mobility and accuracy. Not always consistent but he could respond to better talent around him in the NFL. NFL Comp. Andy Dalton

8. Buffalo Bills – Shawn Williams /S/ Georgia:
Testing well will really help his status and solidify him as a mid round guy. Mixed reviews senior week but held his own.

9. Buffalo Bills – Stephane Milhim /OG/ UMass:
I thought he looked impressive at the combine and read he improved at his pro day.

You did a really good job of recognizing all of Buffalo's key needs. I pretty much liked all of your picks as well. That is the only way I would like taking Nassib is if he was falling in the 2nd rnd, and we traded back up for him. Kevin Minter is my favorite ILB in this draft, and I love Williams coming out of Georgia as backup to Searcy if he doesn't work out next to Byrd. The only position we ignored in this one would be WR and that is a big hole at the moment.

DiG 04-04-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

9. TRADE Washington Redskins (BUF) – Robert Alford /CB/ Southeast Louisiana:
Alford lived up to the buzz senior week and combine and looks like the type Raheem Morris would love to coach. NFL Comp. Vontae Davis

23. Washington Redskins – Darius Slay /CB/ Mississippi St.:
Stock is rising but I’m still not all in yet. NFL Comp. Derek Cox

22. Washington Redskins - Xavier Nixon /OT/ Florida:
Mostly held his own at senior week practices. Helps on the right side.

24. Indianapolis Colts - Jordan Poyer /CB/ Oregon State:
Poyer was one of the best CBs at senior week practices but has since seen his stock decline. NFL Comp. Cary Williams

10. TRADE Washington Redskins (BUF) - Micah Hyde /S/ Iowa:
College CB transitioning to FS has very good ball skills.

21. Washington Redskins – B.W. Webb /CB/ William & Mary:
3 CBs is a bit much but Biggers and Wilson are only signed for 1 more season and Webb is a great value in the 5th. Small school guy singled out by many for his impressive play at senior week practices, but knocked for his lack of physicality.

29. Washington Redskins – William Campbell /DE-NT/ Michigan:
Sleeper that could wind up playing in the league for awhile.

23. Washington Redskins – Chris Jacobsen /OG/ Pittsburgh:
Zone blocker for depth.

Love the trade down for Alford but taking a second corner back to back seems unlikely now. I like Slay a lot but would rather have Stedman at that point. I don't really see Shanahan going after a RT that early either having just signed 3 in FA and speaking highly of last years draft pick at that spot. A late rounder is possible but I think BPA at WR/RB/LB/S seems more likely. Love Poyers value even more if he wasnt our 3rd CB drafted...I really dont think we can or will wait until the 5th to take a safety. And to think I thought 3 corners was a lot then you go and have us taking a 4th! I have to believe we will come out of the draft with better than a transitioning safety.

Nastradamus 04-04-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3320324)
seriously some of the worst drafting the steelers could pull off.

Arthur Brown is OK, dont love the pick at 17 but i could live with it. Much rather have Jarvis Jones

Patton over Hunter is a travesty. Theres zero justifying that pick

Mike Glennon in general is a travesty to watch..they would take franklin, hankins, bell, or bray over glennon. Jesus id be so mad

Mcdonald would be picked over Rambo

Why in God's name would someone take Mcdonald over Rambo. Rambo can actually play the pass and make plays. Mcdonald is a poor man's Taylor Mays.

K Train 04-04-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastradamus (Post 3320599)
Why in God's name would someone take Mcdonald over Rambo. Rambo can actually play the pass and make plays. Mcdonald is a poor man's Taylor Mays.

They wouldnt take rambo with the failed drug tests

ArkyRamsFan 04-04-2013 11:52 AM

Brown Leader:

This is by far the best Rams mock you have done. If the real thing is anywhere close to this one I will be one happy Rams fan!

BTW I have also come full circle on Keenan Allen. If he runs anywhere near a 4.5 on his pro day, he will be a Ram....

WHAT SAY YE?

thebow305 04-04-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

6. TRADE Miami Dolphins (CLE) – Lane Johnson /OT/ Oklahoma:
One of the biggest risers out of senior week and he impressed at the combine as expected. Now regarded as having higher upside then either Fisher or Joeckel. The Dolphins have been spending heavily this off season but the offense could be derailed without a competent LT. Here they trade up, giving up their 2nd rounder to take Johnson.

11. Miami Dolphins – Alex Okafor /DE/ Texas:
Okafor was the best Texas defender imo and was one of the best defensive players back at senior week. NFL Comp. Andre Carter

15. Miami Dolphins – Khassem Greene /OLB/ Rutgers:
Former safety who's become a dominant defender. NFL Comp. Angelo Crowell

20. Miami Dolphins (CHI) – Christian Michael /RB/ Texas A&M:
Eye popping testing but major character issues. Gets to rejoin his former coach and QB.

14. Miami Dolphins – Logan Ryan* /CB/ Rutgers:
Size, ball skills-needs to show well in the post season to rise. NFL Comp. Leon Hall

13. Miami Dolphins – Bennie Logan* /DT/ LSU:
LSU underclassman sale.

*33. Miami Dolphins – Alvin Bailey* /OG/ Arkansas :
Athletic big man didn't get a chance to show anything at the combine. NFL Comp. Donald Thomas

VERY Solid Miami draft. Nice job man! +rep for all the work.

CJSchneider 04-04-2013 12:43 PM

I really love who you picked for NO and agree with your commentary. The only area that was not addressed, that I feel needs to be, may be OL. Perhaps a Oday Aboushi in the 7th would fix that to some extent.

xpmar9x 04-04-2013 03:38 PM

Titans review:

1st - Sheldon Richardson
I'm a fan of Sheldon, but we don't need him. For starters, we already have 3 3-tech DTs in Klug, Martin, and Casey. Martin & Casey are very underrated in the NFL community. You mentioned switching him to DE, no thanks. We need a 10+ sack guy on the edge, and I don't see him as that. I like Sheldon, he just doesn't fit on the Titan. Wouldn't surprise me though.
Optional pick: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

2nd - Robert Woods
WR is a need in my eyes, argued by many Titans fans. Britt/Williams are likely gone, rumor of Nate getting traded/cut, Wright has potential still. I personally like Quinton Patton & DeAndre Hopkins more, and would chose to take Larry Warford as we still need a RG (unless you trust Chris Spencer or Ron Turner).
Optional pick: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

3rd - David Quessenberry
I like this pick. Stewart/Roos aren't getting any younger and Stewy struggled last year. He can fight for a RG spot, and potentially move to RT next year. I wouldn't change this pick.

3rd - Duke Williams
Big fan of Duke, also really like Phillip Thomas. Good pick dude.

4th - Vance Williams
ILB is a need, we have a starter in Colin McCarthy.. but he is always hurt. We need to pickup some depth and Vance provides that. Kevin Reddick also interests me...

nothing to say regarding the last picks.

jrdrylie 04-04-2013 04:09 PM

With Arthur Brown off the board, I could get down on that trdae for the Bears. I like their draft overall. But I don't like the pick of Renfree. I am usually a fan of picking a developmental QB late, but the Bears have so many holes in their defensive depth chart to make that pick.

For the Jaguars, Joeckel at 2 is a dumb pick. Eugene Monroe is a very good left tackle. The Jaguars have a ton of cap space, so resiging him won't be an issue. Taking a RT at the second pick is horrible value. Their trade back into the first to get Geno is interesting but ridiculous. A lot of people try to get cute and use their mocks as an indictment of the QB class. But the truth is, Geno is not going to get out of the top-ten.